January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,001 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to work today, so was able to get my run in late morning. Even though it's really nice out, it is wet and rained this morning, so I did a treadmill session. The plan called for a fast finish run. I did it, with a little modification. I did a run/walk of 5x(4/1 min at 4.5/3.8 mph), 5 min at 5.0 mph, 2 min at 3.8 mph, then ended with 5:37 min at 4.2 mph. That totaled 2.75 miles at an average pace of 13:41 min/mile. Avg HR was 132 and max was 152 bpm.

exercise.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Nice run @Teresa502 . Did your dad get to go home from the hospital?

Yes, he came home yesterday. I was just drifting off to sleep around 9 pm last night and mom called and wanted me to come over. Thankfully, they only live about 5 minutes away. He was in quite a bit of abdominal pain on one side, shortened breathing, cold sweat. We were worried about internal bleeding or infection and thought we were going have to return to the hospital but around midnight he finally got in a position where it didn't hurt. I spent the night with them and got a little sleep before coming back home and getting ready for work. The pain hasn't returned today. He probably just overdid it yesterday with coming home.

I had strength training on my schedule for today but I was just too tired when I got home this evening. Plus, I had a doctor's appointment and lab work this afternoon and I was just done! :-)

Nice power walk you got in there at lunch yesterday and an outside run today!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 glad your Dad came home and he got through the night and the pain finally subsided.

Got in 10 miles this evening. Felt easier than yesterday's 4 miles.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 100 Miles

1/1: 10.50 miles
    1/3: 6.01 miles
    1/4: 5.11 miles
    1/5: 5.60 miles
    1/8: 11.03 miles
    1/10: 6.02 miles
    1/11: 6.26 miles
    1/13: 5.26 miles
    1/15: 10.6 miles
    1/17: 5.51 miles
    1/18: 6.01 miles
    1/19: 5.25 miles

83.16/100 miles completed for January

I forgot to post my run yesterday. I ran 5 miles. It wasn't as great as Wednesday's run, but it was still a pretty good run. It was cooler at 41°F feels like 39°. Today will be a rest day, but I am planning to do an hour of yoga.

@Teresa502 I'm glad your dad got to come home.

exercise.png

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,076 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 So glad to hear your dad is home from the hospital.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 Glad your dad got to go home, but I know it's scary when you get a call like that. I'm glad he is okay.

@Scott6255 Nice run and glad it felt better.

Nice running @kgirlhart !

@AlphaHowls So sorry to hear that your hip is giving you issues. Do you know what started it? You are amazing to keep running those distances with a painful hip.

You're doing GREAT with your recovery @martaindale !

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    I was tired and hungry today, so decided on a wun. I only ran enough to get my HR up to close to 130 bpm, then walked until it went down to close to 110 bpm, then ran again. I went 2.50 miles in 37:37 min for a 4.0 mph overall pace.

That makes 57.67/70 mile goal. (I can't get the ticker factory to cooperate again today - my internet is going in and out.)
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls sorry to hear about your hip!
    @Teresa502 Glad to hear your Dad is out of hospital.
    @martaindale did you say you ran your last couple of miles the fastest?? How??
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @AlphaHowls I hope that the pain is very short lived. Be careful.

@tarun_yadavA I understand how you feel about making sure you can run the distance before the race. I do the same thing and try to avoid plans that don't have you running the actual distance first....or at least close to it. Not sure doing it this soon was the smartest thing though. I guess there's no need to talk to the doctor, or your sister now since you've already done it. :wink: I hope you are able to recover well and quickly.

@Mari33a Yeah, I don't like running in that kind of weather either. I don't mind the rain if I get caught in it, but I don't like starting running when it is raining. Do you have access to a treadmill you could use if the weather is horrible for weeks on end? Great job getting in a run once the weather cleared.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo haha, thank you! will check in with sister tomorrow. Hopefully all good for the next 24 hours 🤞
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,828 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA WOW! 😱😱😱😱😱😱 I was wondering if you did that today from your newsfeed post. Did your friend run with you also? That is crazy. I hope you did not injure yourself. Your wife and sister are going to kill you. I think @martaindale was able to increase her pace at the end was because she did a long training map to get to her race and also because I think sometimes at the start of the race you are slower to make sure you have enough left and traffic of other runners. 😎
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I'm glad you have a taper plan @tarun_yadavA ! Hope your legs aren't too sore tomorrow/tonight.

Great running @SummerSkier !

Today, I did a "long" run on the treadmill. I was on the struggle bus today. Things just felt off and my legs didn't want to cooperate, so I adjusted and got it done. I did a run walk of 4/1 min for the first 30 min, then for 3/2 min for the next 35 min, and ended running at 4.2 mph for 6:20 min. So you don't have to do the math, that adds up to 1:11:20 min for 5.0 miles. Avg pace was 14:16 min/mile or 4.2 mph. My avg HR was 131 with a max of 143 bpm. I also walked a mile total, at 3.8 mph, for warm up and cool down.

exercise.png