JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    - Log ALL food.❌
    - 8 waters❌
    - Take Meds.✔️
    - Make the right choice.

Haha love how I give a whole motivational speech about choices and ^^^THAT^^^ was all it amounted to 😂😂

So where I went wrong was I didn't log dinner. I should have, but I didn't, I made that choice to "log it later" knowing full well I'd forget. And then from that it got worse because I then didn't log some of the snacks and at the point who knows what I was snacking on last night.
    And I went wrong on the water because I didn't get enough in before bedtime
    I need to do 6 before bedtime to hit my goal.

But I'm sticking with it, sticking with the choices. Might make that word of the year rather than a goal.

JFT Tues 14th Feb 💕❤️😍😘

(Happy Valentines everyone!)
    - Log all food
    - 8 waters
    - Take Meds

Can't promise to log all the food because it's gonna be an indulgent day today. But I'll try

I saw this yesterday and today it’s hitting me especially because I’ve had exactly the same thing happen on so many occasions. Start out with good intentions. Always so motivated in the morning…then mid day small decisions accumulate and next thing I know I’m off the rails. Gonna try to step back.. one easy thing is for me to not look at what the lounge at work has for food. I always bring my lunch but usually they have a pretty decent soup or sometimes a certain chicken I might like…the problem is it’s never healthy, full of empty calories and I eat it WITH my lunch instead of at least swapping.

Today I’m just gonna eat what I bring
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 2/13
    - log all food
    - 40 oz of fluids
    - Yoga
    - Crochet
    - Wash dishes
    - Laundry
    - 30 minutes of reading

Lots that needs to get done at work. I have no idea how I’m going to meet all these deadlines. And even as I’m typing this I’m thinking of more things that I need to get done.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Sierra starts her new therapy regimen today. I hope it goes well and they can get her stable in a short amount of time. She came home for a day last weekend. It was good to see her, but very hard to watch her leave. This weekend is siblings weekend at RMU. She invited Vanessa to come stay with her, and V said yes. This is a huge thing as she and Vanessa have not had the greatest relationship over the past few years.

This week is a stressful one at work with higher ups visiting the plant. Did the obligatory dinner last night and meetings today and tomorrow. Nothing major, but a few things I need to follow up on. There is an outside chance I will be traveling to Macon, GA for work next week. Not sure yet. Might actually be nice to get out of town for a few days.

I guess it's Valentine's Day. It kind of snuck up on me. I didn't really get anything for hubby. Maybe I can go get a card after work. IDK.

Ate really poorly yesterday. Haven't worked out in over a week. Have a really hard time caring these days.

Chin up buttercup. Time to make some goals

- Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - No chocolate candies
    - Eat what I brought to eat
    - Log food
    - Home by 5:00
    - Make dinner for hubby, or have hubby make dinner for me, or maybe cook together
    - Be present at home
    - Go to bed early
    - Get up and go to the gym before work tomorrow!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. THINK PINK. Draft email follow-up for superintendent (ha ha). Check on coverage requirements.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Review/revise lesson plans. Update class website. Duolingo. Review games book. Reply to emails. Collect writing contest entries and forms. Check on prof dev option? HAVE TO EMAIL ABOUT TUTORING. Can we meet next Wednesday? Draft weekly wins.
    3. Pit Crew - Hot Seat.
    4. Planning - Scan writing contest entries and forms. Submit. Reading (Bigger Picture). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Finish taxes script! Make caregiver calls. Lunch duty. VITAL. HAVE TO TURN IN LAWS ENTRIES AND FORMS AND INFO TODAY. Check in with assoc members about Thurs meeting. Oh, and also I need to make caregiver calls, because I've had students out, but maybe not until I get caught up on grading. :bawling:
    5. English class - DGP / 5 AVs / SW 7 / ROL Gretel / Revise Hero POV /Headbandz closer. (Weekly SWE = CLOSER)
    6. Park walk/run? Get images for Wins post.
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday no YMCA; local con. Park walk? Sun RC; podcast?? Take When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.1

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy ???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. I managed yesterday. Today is ... well, it's not SETTLED by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more along the lines of a level of intensity that I'm accustomed to dealing with.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.

Others I like: Community, Connection, Values (list), ?Patience, Cultivate, Explore, Compassion/Empathy, Rest, Brilliance/Radiance, Hope, Tactics, Joy, Solidarity, Renewal, Camaraderie, Shield
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Hi everyone..it’s been almost three years since I’ve been active in the group. The year I did was really the most fit I’ve ever been. The year that followed I fell off the group…let things go. Still was active but not good about diet. Last year I did intermittent fasting and lost over 20 lbs in like just short of 3 months but also lost a lot of strength. This year I’ll turn 49 in August and I want to be Fit Pete… I race mountain bikes. My buddies joke about “skinny Pete” during race season… I’d say currently I’m “plus sized pete” and my spirit animal is my 18 lb orange tabby. I’d like to become “fit Pete”.I actually posted yesterday but realized I started a new discussion by mistake. You guys were reason for success last time so would be silly to fix what’s not broken.

Goals for today
    Stay under calorie goal
    Log all food
    No beer
    Hang with family after work
    No trainer today (forced rest)

Welcome back!
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if i will be hitting my diet goal this week.
    Its a long story but i think i have become b12 deficient thru diet (ran some rough numbers and i appear to have only been getting 25, maybe 33% of the RDA).
    I bought some fortified milk. I also discovered that the cheerios in the house have been fortified. Is this why so often my binges are cereal? Why i get milk cravings? My animal product cravings have increased lately as well.
    These arent really questions for you, but my doctor, who i have been putting off seeing.
    I knew b12 would possibly become an issue since i dont like animal products much and have been eating less and less lately, but i figured it would be nothing to worry about. That only trace amounts are needed, then possibly eating under the RDA would be fine. That logic isnt solid. I guess i gotta always be pushing boundaries and experimenting. 😂

I will be making myself drinking two cups of fortified soymilk a day until i feel better or my doc tells me to stop. I blew through all my daily and weekly points yesterday but i dont regret (except maybe the curry lol). Ill have to catch up on the thread later; i have so much to do but have been so tired.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week are NO SNACKING except for a protein shake. This is the choice I will make for 7 days.. I can do this, right!!!!
    Goal for the week 2 13 thru 2 27
    NO SNACKS except a protein shake
    2/13 Monday :) Well .. I kinda did snack at 4 in the afternoon. We were out running errands .. it was a beautiful day, close to 60 degrees. Got home, and hubby says how about a margarita, and some chips and dip leftover from sunday.So .. we sat in our patio room, had a margarita, and some chips and dip. But... I had the spinach dip (only 80 calories for 2 TBSP, and some low-fat triscuit crackers. But what I did do was eat very lite for dinner .. just a big salad with chicken on it. Our daughter came out in the evening... got out the tortilla chips, and took a huge bowl. You have no idea how often I walked past that bag of chips and almost grabbed a few .. which is what I normally do. But I stopped... made the choice to not have any, filled my water glass again. So, day 1, I think I did ok!
    2/14
    Lets all make a choice, just this week, to change just one thing.
    We can do this!!!!
    Weigh-ins
    SW: Jan 1st 207.6
    SW: Feb 1: 202.4 (Down 5.2#)
    Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    Feb 12: 205.6 -- not the best week.
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202 --- actual weight was 202.4, so not too far off.
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170

• mytime6630
    Options
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Hi everyone..it’s been almost three years since I’ve been active in the group. The year I did was really the most fit I’ve ever been. The year that followed I fell off the group…let things go. Still was active but not good about diet. Last year I did intermittent fasting and lost over 20 lbs in like just short of 3 months but also lost a lot of strength. This year I’ll turn 49 in August and I want to be Fit Pete… I race mountain bikes. My buddies joke about “skinny Pete” during race season… I’d say currently I’m “plus sized pete” and my spirit animal is my 18 lb orange tabby. I’d like to become “fit Pete”.I actually posted yesterday but realized I started a new discussion by mistake. You guys were reason for success last time so would be silly to fix what’s not broken.

Goals for today
    Stay under calorie goal
    Log all food
    No beer
    Hang with family after work
    No trainer today (forced rest)

Welcome back!! I know for me, if I stop coming, I gain even more, or just give up. This thread, while I still need to lose weight, at least keeps me from just throwing in the towel completely. We are happy to see you back... and missed you! Success feeds success!
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Today marks six weeks into Weight Watchers. Thats hafway thru my three month commit. Im so happy i signed up. Im finally on autopilot with dieting and weightloss. Its been such a success for me, im sure i will continue after the three months are over. Im still losing roughly 5# a week. At this rate ill hit my goal in around six months. Im feeling better, exaclt how i felt when i was lower weight before, but at a higher weight, prolly cause im doing this slow and sustainably.

Wow -- 5# a week! You are doing great .. so much better than I am. I am lucky to lose .5 pounds a week.. very frustrating.

Oh whoops! I meant to type *point* 5 pounds a week! Oh god, im only 130#, five pounds a week would be terrible! xD A quarter to half a pound a week was what i was hoping to ride at, so yeah, im doing pretty good, but not for the reasons you think. xD
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    JFT for 2/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/12)
    11) No tamales today (last 2/9)
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Trying NOT to stress eat today. First, yesterday with the shootings at Michigan State .. my granddaughter goes to school there. She is ok thankfully.. she was off campus working. But wow... what is this world coming to.
    then found out I screwed up our taxes for our accountant. Took me all morning to figure out what I did .. but so stressful! I was so worried I would have to redo our W2s, but out accountant had a easy fix. So now I can breathe ... and going to do some sewing. And.. I managed to eat a sensible lunch, will make manicotti for dinner tonite.. and my goal again.. no snacking
  • more_freggies76
    edited February 2023
    Options
    JFT for 2/14/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/12)✔️
    11) No tamales today (last 2/9)✔️
    12) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today.✔️

JFT for 2/15/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the nuts
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 2/16
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/8)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 2/14)
    11) Tamales ok today (last 2/9)
    12) Up to 1.5 to 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today.

Hour commitment -After I finish my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 2/13
    - log all food ✅
    - 40 oz of fluids ❌
    - Yoga ✅
    - Crochet ✅
    - Wash dishes ❌
    - Laundry ❌
    - 30 minutes of reading ✅

Today was rough. Still stressed at worked and falling behind, still have a huge pile of dirty dishes and dirty laundry. Didn’t make healthy food choices either. I had to pretty much force myself to eat anything because my appetite was just nonexistent.

Hope everyone else’s day went better than mine did.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Feb 13
    Weight 195.4 (not sure this is accurate- stupid scale)
    Log all Food - 🙂
    1.5 L of water - 🙁
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Monday Feb 14
    Weight 196.6 (This seems more likely)
    Log all Food
    1.5 L of water
    Gratitude Journal

I’m tired I’ll catch up tomorrow night.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust. Sara made apple crisp and man i was off to the races from the minute I picked up the spatula. I simply have no ability to regulate once I let the Genie out of the bottle. Starts with heaping helping of Sara’s crisp, then why not hot chocolate? Well the hot chocolate is brewing and I don’t want to eat all the crisp before the hot chocolate so the Aldi’s triple dessert bar or three would be nice… WTH ??!!! 🤣 then after that of course comes the immediate guilt. There is this show on Netflix called bigmouth. Cartoon, widely inappropriate about teens. Anyway there is a character called the guilt monster. That guys is real for sure!
    Well today is a new day
    Yesterday goals
    Under caloric limit❌❌❌❌
    No beer✅
    Family time✅
    Forced day off trainer ✅

Todays goals
    Do better
    1) stay under basal caloric limit
    2) zwift workout
    3) no beer
    4) log all food
    5) substitute water for Diet Coke
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 2/15
    - log all food
    - 40 oz of fluids
    - Yoga
    - Crochet
    - Wash dishes
    - Laundry
    - 30 minutes of reading

I just want today to be better than yesterday. I’m at my limit for the amount of stress and problems I can handle and I’m running so low on faith that anything’s going to change.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

Chin up buttercup. Time to make some goals

- No chocolate candies :smiley:
    - Eat what I brought to eat :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Make dinner for hubby, or have hubby make dinner for me, or maybe cook together :( Went out
    - Be present at home :(
    - Go to bed early :smiley:
    - Get up and go to the gym before work tomorrow! :(

Valentine's Day was a bust. I didn't eat lunch, so I binged when I got home. Then we went out to dinner. I ordered a low calorie meal, but ate like 3 rolls. Oh well, today is a new day. Of course I already didn't go to the gym and I've had 3 pieces of chocolate candy. Definitely not off to a good start.

Last day of the big wigs being on site, so meetings/presentations in the AM, then different meetings in the afternoon. Fun day.

Trivia night tonight, but not sure I really want to go. I feel bad if I don't since it's a team thing, but then again it is just trivia. Maybe if I leave work a little early and can squeeze in a shower, I'll feel better. Basically, I'm usually too tired after the bar to bother with the shower, so getting it in before might help.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up by 4:30 :(
    - Gym :(
    - Shower :(
    - Meetings
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - No chocolate :(
    - Home by 4:00
    - Shower
    - Trivia
    - Limit 3 beers at trivia
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed
    - Gym Thursday morning

Have a great day!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. THINK PINK. Draft email follow-up for superintendent (ha ha). Check on coverage requirements.
    2. Online facilitation - JFT. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Review games book. Reply to emails. Grade online assignments. Draft fliers for LAE update meeting Tuesday.
    3. Pit Crew - ???
    4. Planning - Revise Feb/Mar plans. Reading (Bigger Picture). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. NEED TO WORK ON SCRIPTS! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Finish taxes script! Yikes - no video for Friday or next week. Lunch duty.
    5. English class - DGP / NRI / Headbandz / Dialogue lesson / Revise Hero POV / Simple sentence creation. (Weekly SWE = CLOSER)
    6. Lifting.
    7. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Christie short / . Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday no YMCA; local con. Park walk? Sun RC; podcast?? Take When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors. Tutoring next WEDNESDAY.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 202.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy ???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. I feel like I can't keep track of EVERYTHING. I'm caught up on grading for class but behind on grading for online courses and on videos for my channel now. Ugh.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.