JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down, Day 2 up. I transitioned back to black coffee with cinnamon and it really does help to in comparison to adding half and half - that hunger switch gets a little delayed. Which I had noticed before...I just like half and half in my coffee! But these are the sacrifices we make. Not all heroes wear capes, it's true. :) Made all my goals for yesterday - had the lentil curry for dinner and it was yummy. Found a new workout video Youtuber and did a non-impact kickboxing video - loved it! No chatter, simple 30 seconds on 10 seconds active rest while the next move came up. I also really loved that they had a clock for the exercise but not an overall countdown clock...watching the clock just makes the workout seem longer! This one sped by, I did my stretch and gathered to courage to step on the scale. As predicted, it wasn't pretty...but at least fell short of the bigger number I was preparing myself for. But the highest I've ever weighed, even while pregnant. And that's not ok. So...

JFT:
    Stay within calories
    No food till 1pm
    100 oz water
    Pool workout

Have a great day all!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Goals for 6/13
    - eat more than I did today
    - 40 oz of water

I thought my calorie count was good today, until I logged everything and realized I actually did horrible. And yet somehow I still feel completely stuffed. I really don’t understand my body.

Pretty much at rock bottom right now. I’m 20 pounds underweight and that just seems like way too hard of a goal to reach. I guess I’ll just try to make each day a little bit better than the day before.

I am so sorry you are struggling. Making each day a little better is a great goal!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹πŸͺ²πŸžπŸͺ²πŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸžπŸ’Ž JFT: June 2023 πŸ’ŽπŸžπŸ¦‹
    June focus: continue to regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    πŸ“Focus: improve fitness level.
    πŸ“Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

Current Solid Habits
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

My arrangement from Thursday’s Fun with Flowers.
    kpcero7pmtz0.jpeg

I’ve been working in the garden as we are having a mini heat wave. We had light rain overnight, so I’m glad I put my sorted bulbs under cover last night. It’s hot and humid this morning.
    2iwrevyaqv6f.jpeg

🫢 Terri

Love the pictures of the garden!! So impressive! I garden too, but I'm more of an "accidental gardener." I stumble around and make a bunch of mistakes and still somehow get flowers to bloom! I also have a raised bed "salad" garden where I grow tomatoes, cucumbers and greens. It's very therapeutic to care for plants...and when the perennials come back it's like old friends coming to town. I think I overpruned my hydrangeas out front because there seem to be far fewer blooms this year - but they haven't all opened yet so maybe there will be more to come. Those have always been my favorite. Your garden looks amazing and I love the walkways...much easier to care for the plants! Craning to reach things in the middle of the raised bed is a challenge! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    JFT for 6/13/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 6/9), but can have sugarfree or no sugar added. Can have honey.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    3) No peanut buttertoday, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/12)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/15
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/9) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/8)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. No more honey today! Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JFT for 6/13/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 6/9), but can have sugarfree or no sugar added. Can have honey.βœ”οΈ
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).βœ”οΈ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/12)βœ”οΈ
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/15βœ”οΈ
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.βœ”οΈ
    6) Honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/9) (a little in honey mustard ok)βœ”οΈ
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.βœ”οΈ
    8) No beef jerky today.βœ”οΈ
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)βœ”οΈ
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/8)βœ”οΈDidn't eat today.

JFT for 6/14/2023 (tomorrow)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 6/9), but can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/12)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)

Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. No elliptical; YMCA.
    2. Work on ESOL article response.
    3. Laundry.
    4. Watch movie with family?
    5. Clean up in office.
    6. Update social media for teacher group and civic club.
    7. Plan / discuss writing & videos.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Library volunteering Wed. T/R RC. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Need to repair joist. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Friday RC, livestream. Saturday civic group. Sunday podcast?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 202.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage July 8 6P recheduled.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. I need to not overload myself.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 6/14/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 6/9), but can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/12)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    8) No beef jerky today.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    Now in shared file:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Thanks for the welcome back. Love all your garden photos!
    @clicketykeys Wow, an opera! That must have been fun. I like that with Priorities, you're thinking not to overload yourself.

Here's my result of the 10K race I walked in on Sat. It was the 26th time I've completed this event (the race started as a one-off in 1977 or so). Now I'm in a new (older) age category LOL. I didn't go as fast as I used to, but I didn't opt for the new 5K course available this year like >1,600 people did, either. :blush:
    xzm2rg8s9x0f.png

JFT 6/14 W
    1) Walk dog :smiley: 4.25 miles & waved at my former manager on her way to work as we waited to cross the road, such a good feeling. Dog got treat from Wed. garbageman. Happy dog & happy me!
    2) PT exercises?
    3) Net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Final ethics webinar of my career (2 hrs) / make pesto tortellini salad (one of hubby's favs) for supper / call Mom & Dad / declutter 15 min. (anything!) / another ta-da? / city band concert 7pm (new start time)
    5) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm to walk dog before massage appt.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
      March / April ???
      May: raisin overnight oats; banana overnight oats = :smile: :smile:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 3x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    March 73.47 miles YTD 177.40 miles
    April 49.52 miles YTD 226.92 miles
    May 71.75 miles YTD 298.67 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 1:39:19 ave. pace 15:59 split time 50:07 age group 24/40
    • Registered for Packers 5K on 7.22.23
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date 10.14.23 (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
      March busy with weekly soup suppers for Lent
      4.26.23 met up with former co-worker Ted, sold him my Honda Civic & re-met his wife
      4.28.23 helped friends PZ & BH move to new condo
      5.7.23 visited/picnic at SIL's house (in town) with numerous in-laws
      5.14.23 visited my aunt & uncle (90 mile drive) since my folks under the weather on Mother's Day
      5.20.23 visited/lunch at BIL's house (30 mile drive) with niece on break from law school in Boston
      5.30.23 coffee & lunch with DE
      6.9.23 lunch w/ Ted (Kim had to cancel)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    πŸ¦‹πŸžπŸ’Ž JFT: June 2023 πŸ’ŽπŸžπŸ¦‹
    June focus: continue to regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    πŸ“Focus: improve fitness level.
    πŸ“Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹
    πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

Current Solid Habits
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

🫢Terri
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Thursday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Elliptical.
    2. Work on article analysis; due Friday!
    3. Park shift. (Get postcards?)
    4. Painting group.
    5. Clean up in office.
    8. Evening: Podcast. Dinner: Leftovers/Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set up JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Library volunteering Mon. T/R RC. Meeting w Katie Fri. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Need to repair joist. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Friday RC, livestream. Saturday civic group; movie and analysis video. Sunday podcast!

Scale goals
    Today: 202.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage July 22 6P.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. There's still a lot going on. We have a new kitten who has just been neutered and he's very antsy and grouchy. I'm waiting to hear back on a part-time job that I'm really excited about that would mean leaving the OTHER part-time job I really love. The opera is over but I have meetings coming up with my professional organization and my civic organization.

@cschmitz110515 - It was challenging but also a lot of fun! Glad it's over and I'm trying not to add too much other stuff in its place. :D
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/14/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 6/9), but can have sugarfree or no sugar added.βœ”οΈ
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).βœ”οΈ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/12)βœ”οΈ
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 6/15βœ”οΈ
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.βœ”οΈ
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 6/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)βœ”οΈ
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.βœ”οΈ
    8) No beef jerky today.βœ”οΈ
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)βœ”οΈ
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 6/8)βœ”οΈDidn't eat today.
    Next few days I won't be doing JFT, but will do hour commitments as needed. We're going away for a few days.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Now in shared file:

• jennysweet58
    Options
    Day 4 and so far I'm doing great, all goals met daily. It's funny when the switch gets flipped - my brain does much better with a "no" than it does a "maybe." I've already had a big water whoosh this week and that is very motivating! I'm determined to make THIS TIME the time I get to the finish line. My husband wants to go to his high school reunion in November, and I want to be a little more like my old self so I don't imagine people gossiping about "did you see xxx's wife? geez, what happened to her?" Plus I'm just tired of feeling icky.

JFT:
    don't eat until 1pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout (which is happening since I'm up and mainlining caffeine)

Have a great day!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Thanks for the welcome back. Love all your garden photos!
    @clicketykeys Wow, an opera! That must have been fun. I like that with Priorities, you're thinking not to overload yourself.

Here's my result of the 10K race I walked in on Sat. It was the 26th time I've completed this event (the race started as a one-off in 1977 or so). Now I'm in a new (older) age category LOL. I didn't go as fast as I used to, but I didn't opt for the new 5K course available this year like >1,600 people did, either. :blush:
    xzm2rg8s9x0f.png

JFT 6/14 W
    1) Walk dog :smiley: 4.25 miles & waved at my former manager on her way to work as we waited to cross the road, such a good feeling. Dog got treat from Wed. garbageman. Happy dog & happy me!
    2) PT exercises?
    3) Net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Final ethics webinar of my career (2 hrs) / make pesto tortellini salad (one of hubby's favs) for supper / call Mom & Dad / declutter 15 min. (anything!) / another ta-da? / city band concert 7pm (new start time)
    5) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm to walk dog before massage appt.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
      March / April ???
      May: raisin overnight oats; banana overnight oats = :smile: :smile:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 3x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    March 73.47 miles YTD 177.40 miles
    April 49.52 miles YTD 226.92 miles
    May 71.75 miles YTD 298.67 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 1:39:19 ave. pace 15:59 split time 50:07 age group 24/40
    • Registered for Packers 5K on 7.22.23
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date 10.14.23 (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
      March busy with weekly soup suppers for Lent
      4.26.23 met up with former co-worker Ted, sold him my Honda Civic & re-met his wife
      4.28.23 helped friends PZ & BH move to new condo
      5.7.23 visited/picnic at SIL's house (in town) with numerous in-laws
      5.14.23 visited my aunt & uncle (90 mile drive) since my folks under the weather on Mother's Day
      5.20.23 visited/lunch at BIL's house (30 mile drive) with niece on break from law school in Boston
      5.30.23 coffee & lunch with DE
      6.9.23 lunch w/ Ted (Kim had to cancel)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship

Well done! And don't knock yourself about not going as fast as you used to, I can't even do a 10k I'm far too unfit for that kind of commitment 🀣
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Going to eat earlier than 5 pm after all.
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - Had some cake and ice cream for my birthday; I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Tomorrow - no sweets until our dinner at the fancy restaurant.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Friday - no treats after dinner!
    1. No elliptical; YMCA. Stop at the post office on the way & get stamps.
    2. Work on ESOL article response. THIS IS DUE TODAY!
    3. Laundry.
    4. Meet with Katie after YMCA; take notes along.
    5. Clean up in office. SUBMIT ESOL ARTICLE RESPONSE.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Library volunteering Wed. T/R RC. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Need to repair joist. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Saturday civic group. Sunday podcast.

Scale goals
    Today: 201.6

Long-term goals/progress

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage July 8 6P recheduled.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities.