JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm new here.

JFT:
    Tracking honestly. (so far so good)
    Taking a walk. (done)
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,768 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment (updated) - We’ve been out of signal most of the afternoon and we won’t reach our destination until 9pm or so. We’ll get dinner after that. Was getting really hungry around 7 pm, so I had a few of DH’s gum drops and a blow pop. That was 9 hours since eating in the morning. Not too bad really. Now I won’t eat again until dinner. Can have what I want at restaurant.
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - late dinner, now I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 7th

Only one snack yes
    Be mindful with food yes
    Walk no

I'm going away today for the weekend. Haven't moved yet, it's raining and cold. I'll go after lunch :)

JFT Saturday 8th

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food, may be eating out
    Walk
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome @vexedangel678!

I've been staying on track, despite a week of 12 hour days at work. More of the same next week, as deadlines are all on top of each other now...scale has stalled but I think it might be the heat. I've been drinking water by the gallon!

JFT:
    don't eat till 2pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water
    pool workout with the hubby
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sat July 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement

I forgot to update and post Friday except for water I did well though.

Today the Grands are coming for a sleepover. It is their parents 12th anniversary.

@littleblackskirt - those 4 years flew didn’t they?

@pridesabtch - I hope you had a great last day? Do they give gifts when people leave?
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner with DH. No more desserts today. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sat July 8
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of movement - 🙂

JFT - Sun July 9
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    So I've been completely off the rails the last couple of weeks. Not just with diet and exercise but with life in general.

I've definitely had too many energy drinks the last couple of weeks, leaving me feeling manic and not eating properly.

I've also had low level drama going on around me for weeks and we had enough so me and ash turned it into full on drama and now everyone's backed off. But it's left me absolutely shattered. It took me two days to fully calm down and then 2 days to recover/rest from the stress/adrenaline, I've just been so sleepy.

But the whole thing has ticked me off. I didn't wanna get involved but I'm also not having people gang up on me. They soon found out that I'm not somebody you can bully anyway.

The thing I'm most annoyed it how it's knocked me off track. I was eating well, drinking well, doing exercise and actually losing weight!
    And now I won't even step on the scale until I have atleast a few good days.

So now I'm just gonna get back to doing that.
    Think I'm gonna concentrate on exercise first, my eating in general is okay.
    Just can't pick what I wanna do yet.. maybe because TOTM just started so I might wait a day or two for the cramps to stop.

Hope everyone else is doing good! X
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday 8th

Only one snack yes, one small
    Be mindful with food, may be eating out I was mindful
    Walk walked in town

I didn't make the best choice of food, I bought some at a local market for a late lunch. Scone with jam and a piece of cheesecake, oops. However, it filled me up so much that I didn't eat again and missed out an evening meal. So at least I was mindful by not eating when not hungry. Just need to make healthier choices.

JFT Sunday 9th

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food
    Walk into town

Food may be irregular again today. I plan to watch the F1 racing this afternoon, and also have to drive home at some point, probably in the evening. So a lot of sitting.
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I am so sorry for what you've been dealing with, how awful to feel that people are ganging up on you. Hopefully these people aren't super close to you or a part of your daily life. (If it's family, that sucks and I'm extra sorry.) I am EXACTLY the same way - stress like that throws me off the rails every time. And I also need a few days being back on plan before I have the strength to face the scale. Although generally when I do the number slaps me into reality/motivation...but I'm always afraid before I get my mindset back that the number will just cause me to further wallow in my misery and extend the damage. Go ahead and take your groove back - it's yours, you earned it, don't let the *kitten* steal your joy in doing good things for yourself! :)
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    omg - I never knew MFP corrected language. I didn't think b*star*ds was such a bad word! But OK - don't let the kittens steal your joy either. ;)
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    All goals met for yesterday - also prepped a ginormous amount of Indian Chicken stew in the slow cooker for next week's lunches, and DD21 loves a curry stew as well so she'll help me eat it...and froze about 12 servings too. ;) Today DH has requested baked ziti for dinner, so I'm gonna prep some more Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Basil Sauce for myself. This is so easy & good thought I'd share - when I prep just cook the zucchini till it's tender but still has some bite, then put in containers in the fridge (or freezer) - when I want to serve I zap it in the microwave to heat it up, then put it in a pan on the stove to stir in the cream cheese till it's melted. (I don't think cream cheese will re-heat well in the microwave, which is why I save this step till just before eating.) I top with about 1/4c fresh basil and 3 tbs of grated peccorino romano. I also usually add some pre-cooked chicken (we use a lot of Perdue Short Cuts because they're just so convenient.) It is super yum,

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
    1tspextra virgin olive oil
    1smalluncooked onion(s), chopped
    2clove(s), garlic, minced
    14 1⁄2ozcanned diced tomatoes (not drained)
    1⁄4tsptable salt
    1⁄8tspcrushed red pepper flakes
    8 cups spiralized uncooked zucchini, cut into 5-inch lengths
    4Tbs low fat cream cheese
    fresh basil, chopped
    grated Pecorino Romano cheese

Instructions
    Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.

Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes.

Stir in salt and crushed red pepper; gently stir in zucchini. Increase heat to medium high; cook, tossing frequently, until zucchini is tender, 5 minutes.

Stir in cream cheese until melted; remove from heat. Stir in basil; sprinkle with Peccorino romano.

The way I do it - with 3 tbs peccorino romano per serving (cause I love it and it adds so much flavor) it's only about 200 calories per serving, which gets bumped up to 300 with 3 oz cooked chicken. VERY satisfying and so easy and yum!! Fresh basil makes a big difference - go for that if you can.

Anyway, JFT:
    don't eat before 2pm (or later)
    stay within calories
    30 minute workout
    100 oz water
    finish food prep- rainbow salads for DH's lunches, baked ziti for the fam, zucchini dish for me
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 JFT: JULY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    July focus:

July Focus:
    📍Improve Sleep habits
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

I am switching off my screens at 11.15pm on at least 5 nights a week
    I have set a reminder on my phone/tablet
    ✅⭕️✅✅✅✅✅
    ⭕️

Current Solid Habits
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋

🫶Terri
  • renew0127
    renew0127 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT. 7-9-23. I will, in all my meals have healthy eating habits. Need to get this cholesterol thing in check. So fat I have had 2 cups of coffee with honey and almond milk. Breakfast is on the horizon.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - having my coffee and then I won’t eat again until after 12 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. This is a travel day. No desserts today!
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @jennysweet58 - I’m going to try that recipe when I get home! Really looks healthy and good.
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal. No weighing tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I am so sorry for what you've been dealing with, how awful to feel that people are ganging up on you. Hopefully these people aren't super close to you or a part of your daily life. (If it's family, that sucks and I'm extra sorry.) I am EXACTLY the same way - stress like that throws me off the rails every time. And I also need a few days being back on plan before I have the strength to face the scale. Although generally when I do the number slaps me into reality/motivation...but I'm always afraid before I get my mindset back that the number will just cause me to further wallow in my misery and extend the damage. Go ahead and take your groove back - it's yours, you earned it, don't let the *kitten* steal your joy in doing good things for yourself! :)

Haha that's spot on!

And no not family as such.
    My ex friend has just been causing a lot of grief. Clearly not happy that the friendship ended but at the end of the day she was always bad mouthing my partner and I couldn't ignore it anymore. So I ended it.
    Then since that in January I've just had nothing but dirty looks and she tried to fight me once and her mum tried throwing a bin at Ash until I said I would call the police.
    But then she called the police saying I hit her (at a later time) which was BS. But I went police station, did my statement and nothing came of it. I was really annoyed at that because I've never had to go to a police station before. I just really met the wrong person.

But then she befriended my next door neighbour and then she started doing sly petty things too, complaining about everything to the landlord and making out that other neighbours were complaining too. So we asked the neighbours. I'm not one to sit and worry I'll just go ask. And not one of them had a problem with us.

Thing is the landlord is my dad. So she complained to him to high heaven, just because it was my dad. If it was nay other landlord she wouldn't have bothered I don't think. My dad was fine with me 😂 he's not bothered as long as he gets the rent!

So we had a big argument with the neighbour, then after the argument she had invited this other girl to come round to her house. Right next door to me and she's not meant to be anywhere near my house due the police stunt she pulled. They told us to stay away from eachother despite me not doing anything.

So the next day I saw her in the local town, tried to reason with her to stay away and that ended up in an argument, then the neighbour showed up with her friend argued more, they were all threatening to attack us. But when Ash had a go at them they were all like "oh is that how it is, MAN ON A WOMAN" screaming it Infront of the public. So I marched over fuming called them a bunch of feminists and told them if they want a woman then take me F'ing on.

And non of them did.
    Ex friend then called her BF. No match for Ash. The boyfriend ended up walking away.

No punches landed thank god. But they've finally seen we're standing our ground.
    We rang the police afterwards because they antagonised a fight by bringing the boyfriend. And they heard the whole thing over the phone because ash had rung them just before the fight for assistance. They never showed up but they rung us later and said nothings happening about it but all stay away from eachother or we would all be in trouble.
    But that's fine with me, I don't cause trouble. I end it 🤣

So yeah.. dramaaaaa