JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 960 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 21st

Only one snack one
    Be mindful with food, plan something from freezer yes
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk dog yes
    Phone dentist yes
    Mow grass if it dries yes

JFT Saturday 22nd

Only one snack
    Be mindful with food
    Foot exercises

Just about to head off for the weekend, looks like it's going to be wet. I will try to be sensible with food, and not snack too much.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Heading back home by train this morning.

JFT
    No desserts today (sugarfree or no sugar added always ok)
    I can have coffee stuff today before 12pm but no lunch until I get on train.
    I won’t eat the high-calorie breakfast they have at the hotel today.
  • everydaysteps
    everydaysteps Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join. I have a bit of weight to drop, but more importantly I want to get my diet cleaned up, of the non stop junk food. I think listing my everyday goals and striving to achieve them, will help me be consistent . And in turn be successful in reaching my health goals.

Count cals
    Drink water
    10 k steps
    up protein
    v/f not junk carbs
    with in cal snack
  • everydaysteps
    Options
    Thanks!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - done with lunch. I won’t eat again until dinner with DH. May be early for FIL. Can eat what I wantcat the restaurant, butcnot too much bread stuff and no dessrts.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Went a little bit off the rails last night- hubby was away visiting family and I started binge watching "White Lotus" then found myself...well not bingeing necessarily, but eating well over my calorie limit. Kind of a binge. Like a slow motion, every hour having a little more something kind of binge. :/ I've been nearly perfect since June 12, have dropped 20 pounds and have vacation next week so I think that "what the hell" mindset is starting to creep in already! So today will practice getting right back on track- honestly, it's my biggest struggle. If I could learn to do that one thing (instead of letting one bad evening turn into a week, a month, several months...) I'd be the healthiest m*f* in the world! SO:

JFT:
    pool workout with hubby
    no food till 2pm
    stay within calories
    100 oz water (my downfall yesterday - got very dehydrated and never recovered!)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/23/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added. None of the chocolate bar today.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/27
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 7/18)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Can eat dinner with DH and friend. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.
    14) Can have lunch a little early today due to going out with friend.

================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• everydaysteps
    Options
    Saturday 22

Count cals ✔️
    Drink water ✔️
    10 k steps ✔️
    up protein not really
    v/f not junk carbs ✔️
    with in cal snack skipped it

• everydaysteps
    Options
    Sunday 23

Count cals
    With in cals
    Drink water
    10 k steps
    up protein
    v/f not junk carbs

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sat July 22
    1.5L of water - 😕 1L
    Log all food - 👿
    15 minutes of movement - 👿

JFT - Sun July 23
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of movement
  • imaginemary
    imaginemary Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    JFT:

Min 8k steps
    Monkfruit okay but no sugar
    No grain flour — almond flour okay
    Water and herbal teas all day
    No popcorn
    Log food and exercise
    Lighten up 🙂
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Had early lunch due to meeting. Now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • everydaysteps
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Sunday 23

Count cals ✔️
    With in cals ✖️
    Drink water ✔️
    10 k steps ✔️
    up protein - more than usual
    v/f not junk carbs ✖️

• everydaysteps
    Options
    Monday 24 JFT = Just for today or tomorrow. :)

Count cals
    With in cals
    Drink water
    10 k steps
    Up protein
    Veg/ fruit not junk carbs
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 960 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday 22nd

Only one snack yes
    Be mindful with food some of the time
    Foot exercises yes

Just about to head off for the weekend, looks like it's going to be wet. I will try to be sensible with food, and not snack too much.

I made the mistake of having fish and chips at the coast. I had some work to do there, but plenty of spare time as well, and had promised myself fish and chips as a treat. The thought was nice, the food was only okay. I wasn't really hungry enough but wanted to sit outside and it was "planned". What would you do if you've "promised yourself" a meal out, but then aren't really hungry enough to warrant eating it? I was on my own and the only time I spoke all weekend was ordering the food! Really, I need to learn that it is not a treat to eat when not really hungry.

So I weighed myself this morning. I've put on half a stone this year, and can feel it round my middle. I must get this under control, so logging starts again today. It may not be perfect for the first week as I still have a few unsuitable foods in the fridge (and I can't waste food!) but logging will let me see how much I need to cut back.

Brand new week!
    JFT Monday 24th July

Log everything
    Only one snack
    Be mindful with food
    Walk dog
    Foot exercises
    Back exercises
    1 hour housework
    Plant 5 plants

Have a good week everyone!
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 7/24
    - IT troubleshooting
    - Make it through the work day
    - Reserve tickets for Thursday workshop
    - Pay medical bill
    - Reschedule dentist appointment
    - Log food and water

Feels like Thanksgiving with how much is on my plate at work this week. And I’m starting off with a bad night of sleep last night. Here we go…
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend with a friend from out of town. She was in for a triathlon so I went and cheered her on. It was a lovely day to be outside. It was about a 2 hour drive from home so I went up the night before and had a nice quiet room all to myself. Then up at 5:30 ok it was 6:00 by the time I got out of bed. Showered and headed for the lake. Got there at 7:15 and her open water swim started at 7:30. After the swim I walked a bit to catch a peak of the bike portion the back for transition and run. Got some great pictures and a good many steps. Then came home and tried to nap before heading out to dinner with she and my hubby. Even though we would count her as more of my friend, she and hubby went to school together since 1st grade. It was a fun evening.

Not much on the agenda today except for work. I have a slight tooth ache so I may see if I can get a dentist appointment, oh and my engine light came on in the Acadia so I guess I'll address that as well.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 7/23/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added. None of the chocolate bar today.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips). Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/27✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 7/18)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Can eat dinner with DH and friend. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.✔️
    14) Can have lunch a little early today due to going out with friend.✔️

JFT for 7/24/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last), but can have sugar free or no sugar added. None of the chocolate bar today.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies, and pita chips).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 7/27
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/13)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 7/18)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not yet

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample