What did everyone have for dinner? 2023

Options

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tonight’s dinner was Orange Roughy, oven roasted with sweet spuds and asparagus. I’d never had orange roughy before. It was really really good. 👍😋
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @norajean611 - Those look so so good:)
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You've successfully motivated me to make some stuffed peppers!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,769 Member
    Options
    This week's menu:

Saturday - homemade pizza
    Sunday - chicken spaghetti
    Monday - pork schnitzel
    Tuesday - spicy peanut chicken with rice
    Wednesday - chili
    Thursday - lasagna
    Friday - home grilled burgers
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Last night red velvet cake/coffee, but I ate really good for lunch!
    Tonight a homemade Hungarian stew
    Wednesday- Chef John egg noodles with deviled egg sauce and a salad
    Thursday-Red Beans and Rice
    Friday- Restaurant?
    Saturday-Shrimp and Oklahoma style baked grits
    Sunday- probably pizza
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Last night we had grilled chicken drumsticks, sautéed zucchini and quinoa.
    Tonight I’m gonna make a gluten free pad thai out of leftover pork loin from sundays dinner.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I had home made turkey burgers with roasted broccoli
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little mellow yellow (turmeric) last night - Indian-style baked chicken breast with roasted veg (cauli, bell peppers, onions) over brown rice. MFP calcs this as about 500 cals, 50g protein, 10 fat, 52g carb. On the chicken, plain yogurt served as a base for a spice mix. On the veg, spices with a dash of oil to mix them onto the veg.

lt594jbt5iql.jpg
  • nossmf
    Options
    This week's menu:

Saturday - Thanksgiving redux: turkey, brown sugar ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, stuffing, mashed potatoes
    Sunday - pot roast
    Monday - French dip sandwiches
    Tuesday - spaghetti
    Wednesday - BBQ pork chops with baked potatoes
    Thursday - stroganoff
    Friday - baked chicken with egg noodles
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Tonight (Sunday): Baked chicken breast, "parm style" (not fried, no breading), roast spaghetti squash, peas. Chicken cooked on onion trivets which become part of the meal (wire rack holds them all above their pan drippings). MFP computes this plate as approx. 651 cals, 72g protein, 21g fat, 47g carb, with 11g fiber (keeps within daily goals). Additionally, took advantage of the active oven and popped out 2 loaves of fresh whole wheat bread for the upcoming week.

6g46vghj1dm8.png
  • MomJess4
    MomJess4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last night - turkey sandwich with 11 bean soup.
    Tonight - pot roast
    Tomorrow - Tortellini soup
    Thursday - lasagna
    Friday -clean the fridge night

We have salad and veggies on the side. Most of our veggies are frozen or canned from our garden. I use canned tomatoes from our garden a lot too.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'll be cooking crispy pork mince with chili, green beans and cherry tomatoes, and lots of garlic and ginger. Add a bit of ricewine vinegar and soy sauce in the end, and then serve with rice. thinking of it, I might also add a sweet/sour pickle to it at the end.

Or I might go for pasta with young goats cheese, chili and cherry tomatoes. Still a bit undecided on that.

(btw, have a new favourite cookbook with quick weekday dinners, Melissa Clack, Dinner in One. It's perfect for my way of cooking)
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Tuesday a bbq chicken ranch sandwich with cole slaw and fries from a restaurant
    Yesterday swedish meatballs with spaghetti
    Tonight Burrito bowl
    Friday Fish tacos maybe
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a bagged Asian-style chopped salad with wonton strips, crispy tofu, and ginger-sesame dressing. It was so easy and so tasty! I'd been wanting a salad for a few weeks now. I also had some canned peaches with cinnamon and hot tea for dessert.
  • nossmf
    Options
    This week's menu:

Saturday - hotdogs and s'mores cooked over burn pit
    Sunday - ribs with mashed potatoes
    Monday - stir-fried steak with rice and veggies
    Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
    Wednesday - parmesan chicken with baked potato
    Thursday - pan-seared sausage with au gratin potatoes
    Friday - date night (probably to a steak house)
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Tonight (Sat, 04 March) - Chicken and Vegetable Curry (from scratch, using a 300+ year-old recipe as seen on Townsends Youtube Channel, see below). Modified the recipe to swap coconut oil for butter, coconut milk for dairy cream, added some granulated garlic, cilantro and, blanched in the sauce at the end, fresh broccoli and green pepper and emptied out the fridge of some leftover frozen mixed veggies. MFP approximates this serving as 621 cals, 48g protein, 20g fat, 65g carb. Townsends has a number of traditional/18th century recipes worth trying in a modern kitchen. This is the 2nd time I've tried this dish since January; for some reason it came out more watery than the first time, but still tasty.

vd4r3f69r2f0.jpg

https://youtu.be/Zgi4Gbu1ZFE

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Ramen with thai basil dumplings and the last of my chopped salad with sesame-ginger dressing on the side. It's a pretty high-calorie meal, but ramen with dumplings is one of my favorite foods of all time and I'm thrilled I was able to work it into the calories today! ^_^
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This weeks menu.
    Sunday - Fanta Chicken, Rice & Veg
    Monday - Diet Coke Chicken, Potatoes & Veg
    Tuesday - Naked Cheeseburger, Wedges
    Wednesday - Cajun Dirty Rice, Veg
    Thursday - Honey & Mustard Chicken, Potatoes & Veg
    Friday - Meatballs, Potatoes & Veg
    Saturday - No plan, as will be out for a party.

All meals will be part of my batch cooking week to stock my freezer :)
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Two shake n baked chicken thighs air fried a little bit of rice and a ton of steamed broccoli. Man no where near as exciting as everyone else here.

Tonight is baked salmon with maple glaze on cauliflower rice and whatever vegetables we have kicking around.