Returning to MFP

Options
Hello everyone,

How time flies!

The last time I was on this app was 2.5 years ago. Unfortunately, since then, I've gained all the weight I've lost and then some.

Now, I'm on a journey to lose 100+ lbs. If you're in the same boat and/or have a Fitbit, let's be friends! It always helps to have a handful of accountability partners, especially with such a mountainous goal.

Add me @ AJWolfe on Fitbit!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,347 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

Yes, that is a big goal, and it's not insurmountable. Take it slow, and celebrate the successes along the way. It might not be a bad idea to make some shorter term goals to see your progress. I use a different device than FitBit, but lots of people here do use them.
  • azurejwolfe
    azurejwolfe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you and for sure!

Since the goal is so massive, I'm constantly reminding myself "There is only one way to eat an elephant: a bite at a time." :D
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Well, speaking of elephants, I'm sure you know how to fit five of them in an old VW Beetle, right?

Two in the front, and one in the back.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Nothing to see here. Move along....

:smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    Maybe you already know this, but in case not: There's a whole Fitbit group on here, including some Fitbit ID sharing, and it's quite popular/active, with lots of good info. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Best wishes!
  • azurejwolfe
    azurejwolfe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hahahah, thanks for the laugh @ mtaratoot 😂!

Thank you for the link @ AnnPT77 - I greatly appreciate it!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Hahahah, thanks for the laugh @ mtaratoot 😂!

Thank you for the link @ AnnPT77 - I greatly appreciate it!

Except my math was clearly off. You have to put THREE in the back. I'm actually better at math than that; not sure why I wrote it wrong. But you're welcome.

So here's another awful one to make up for it.

You know why they didn't let the elephant fly on the Lufthansa out of Thailand?
    His trunk wouldn't fit in the overhead bin.

OK. Sorry. I'll stop now and go sit in the corner....
  • Jsmoles94
    Jsmoles94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yooo, I don't have a fitbit, but I'm in the exact same boat. Quit for a little over two years and now I'm back trying to lose almost exactly what I was working on last time.

I could definitely use more accountability as I was rolling completely solo last time