2023 is the year I'm going to invest in myself.

Options
mitch239
mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
2022 was a terrible year for me, for reasons I'd rather not go into. I am looking forward tho without forgetting ofc. 2023 is the year I'm going to use to invest in myself, build a new me. From finances to fitness, health to experiences. Whole new me.

I have the month's trial of MFP premium and it's helping me to keep my head sorta here, even if I do miss some logging. It's much more consistent than it has been for the past few months. I'm hoping if I actually put money down to buy the premium that will push me into making the change for good and keeping my head in it.

I'm hoping to finish this year with a new body and a new health. This is going to be my year. If anyone wants to ping me a friend request then I'm more than happy to accept, the more people on my friends list the better. I'm wanting to build a community almost on my newsfeed to keep me motivated.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    When your premium trial is over, try out the free service to make sure it's worth your money to stick with premium. It might be, and that's great! There's lots of additional tools. The free version also works. You do get to look at advertising and miss out on some tools.

I encourage you to be very consistent with logging your food and exercise. It's the best way to start generating data you can use to fine tune your approach.

I also encourage you to set some long-term and short-term goals. The goal of finishing the year with a new body and new health is pretty squishy. Give some serious thoughts to some specific goals that will challenge you and that you can still attain. If you already have given this some thought, what are some of those specific goals?

Even if you haven't set those goals yet (and you should), what strategies are you planning to engage to get to that new you, whatever that looks like? And what does a "new body and new health" look like to you?