๐Ÿ‘‹ hello ๐Ÿ˜Š

Options
Hello! I'm about to be 41. I've lost 75 pounds and I don't want to gain it back. I'm here to maintain. Welcoming friends from all walks of life and at all levels of the health journey๐Ÿ˜Š

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,325 Member
    Options
    Hi, Megan,

Congratulations on your weight loss: That's excellent!

There are quite a few maintainers here, though I think most of us lost using MFP as well, then hung around to maintain, or while maintaining.

If you haven't discovered it yet, there's an area here in the Community specifically for those maintaining weight. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-maintaining-weight

It's not the most active area**, but there are monthly accountability threads there if you like that sort of thing, and some good things in the Most Helpful Posts area under that heading.

** A lot of the maintainers I know of who participate here are more likely to post in other areas to help folks newer to MFP or weight loss, but they don't post as much in that area unless someone asks questions there.

Myself, I'm in year 7 of maintaining a healthy weight after about a year losing 50-some pounds back in 2015-16, and I know there are others here who've been maintaining longer.

Best wishes, and welcome to maintain-er-ville!
  • MaintainingMegan
    MaintainingMegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you for that info! I'll definitely be looking through the community part of the app.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, Megan, and sincerest welcome to the boards.

Iโ€™m 60, and have also had a large loss. Iโ€™m in year five and read yet another article just yesterday that 80% regain all their weight and more by the fifth year.

Iโ€™m determined to remain a unicorn!!!
  • brawnydawg
    brawnydawg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm about to be 41. I've lost 75 pounds and I don't want to gain it back. I'm here to maintain. Welcoming friends from all walks of life and at all levels of the health journey๐Ÿ˜Š

Wow! That's awesome indeed. Way to go. Sending positive energy your way to keep maintaining. :smile: