Life Changer!

Options
I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I asked my doctor what I could do to lose weight. I was prescribed Ozempic for the next 3 months to take once a week. 2 years ago I started Medical Weight Loss and lost about 40 lbs. long story short, I gained the weight back after some tough losses with loved ones that year. Back to it, I started medical weight loss the same day I started Ozempic and I did some research and found that I could maximize my results by fasting too. It’s still early but after 5 days I have lost 8.8 lbs. My starting weight was 296 lbs. I’m definitely feeling good and will celebrate each pound as a win. I love medical weight loss because it allows me to check in multiple times a week and have that accountability that I need. My plan is to start working out next week.

Replies

• StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I am trying IF too. Not going as fast as you. But they say body heals first then weight loss comes so I’m holding fast into week three.
  • jaywhite700
    jaywhite700 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome! I’m adding you right now.
  • dragon2draco
    dragon2draco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Afternoon
    Hope all is well?
    I’m in Australia and the pen is now almost impossible to find, first they said because of Covid, then because of the war, now because of people who don’t have diabetes are buying it and there isn’t enough to go around. So my doctor has put myself and my husband on a tablet for weight loss due to not being able to get the ozempec or trulicity for the last 6 months.
    So far this week I have lost 5kg, this is week one.
    Cheers
    Kavita
  • jaywhite700
    jaywhite700 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome @dragon2draco that you are still finding a way. I’m going to send you a personal message on where I was able to find Ozempic. Hopefully you have the opportunity to get it just like me. I’m happy to hear that this isn’t holding you back from losing weight.