I cant lose weight!

Options
12346»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You're diary is really inaccurate. Try not to use the "quick add" calories option until you are already losing weight. It is a next to useless tool and you may be estimating way under what you are really eating.

1. Try eating 80% fresh food. Right now it looks like you eat about 20%. You'll have to work up to it, so maybe start with breakfast of eggs scrambled with veggies and beans, and a piece of fresh fruit. Maybe add in some greek yogurt or cottage cheese for extra protein. Getting breakfast right will set the tone for the rest of your day.

2. Add a serving of vegetables to every meal. A serving is small, only 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw. Corn and peas are even better than no vegetables at all.

3. Cardio is good for weight loss. Unless you have an injury or other medical reason to not do cardio, work up a sweat! Sweat is your fat cells crying!

unnecessary

Thanks for explaining why this advice is not necessary. That's super helpful!

Trust me, it sure the hell won't hurt anyone to eat fresh and healthy foods. And yes, it does speed weight loss when people fill up on fresh foods versus eating take out and fast food all the time.

Actually, it does hurt me to ingest fresh vegetables. And I agree with the poster that simply said - Unnecessary. it is unnecessary to lose weight doing the bolded as it comes down to calorie intake. Also breakfast does not "set the tone"...meal timing and meal frequency does not matter as a general rule of thumb.
  • ZoeyFlannigan
    Options
    So a little about me, Im an 18 year old male 5'8" and I weigh about 172 my food logs are open and they are pretty accurate. I drink way over the recommended water amount, I go to the gym almost day and do strength training (I dont log it) and I do the treadmil which I do log total time at the gym is about 1 hour and 30 minutes. No matter what I do I can not seem to lose weight. Does any one see anything wrong with what im doing? As of today Im going to start a high protein diet (whey protein) and see if that will help me lose weight. Any advice will be appreciated!

Go Paleo! Don't eat unprocessed grains and any other junk. Eat appropriate servings. There are Paleo ebooks out there that will help so you don't have to think so much about it and just do it. Check out my blog: http://discoverpaleo.blogspot.com/

Good luck!
  • mhematia
    mhematia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would see if there is a clinic close to you that does calorimeter or resting metabolic rate testing. It would be a good way of learning whether the DCN that MFP has provided you are indeed accurate. I would also check out http://www.bulletproofexec.com/not-the-calories-stupid-reply-to-time-magazine/ and there are plenty other peer reviewed, recent journal articles which support that macronutrient consumption does affect your body composition and loss/gain of fat and muscle.
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    The basic mathematics is, input > output = put on weight;
    similarly, input < output = reduce weight.
    unit of measurement = calorie
    :laugh:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Yes. It really is that simple. All the posturing and histrionics on this board notwithstanding, it really is a matter of simple math. And math cannot be fooled or bargained with. The sooner one accepts the mathematical reality of weight loss, and stops jumping on the "I need to eat more calories because I've been dieting for three days and haven't lost weight" fantasy train, the sooner one actually makes progress toward one's goal. Math, it can be your friend, if you let it. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yes. It really is that simple. All the posturing and histrionics on this board notwithstanding, it really is a matter of simple math. And math cannot be fooled or bargained with. The sooner one accepts the mathematical reality of weight loss, and stops jumping on the "I need to eat more calories because I've been dieting for three days and haven't lost weight" fantasy train, the sooner one actually makes progress toward one's goal. Math, it can be your friend, if you let it. :drinker:

barbie-hates-math-518x2741.png
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

barbie-hates-math-518x2741.png

That's why God invented calculators. I don't remember which day he invented them, probably the same day he invented Post-Its. :laugh: