Time to Change

Options
I gained 10kg after I started a new job last year and it didn't go well. Now I think it is time to change, lose the weight, get fitter and start living again.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It's good that you recognized a change was due when you gained your FIRST 10kg. Some people just ignore it until it gets to be so much more. The best time to start is ALWAYS right NOW! So here you are.

What plans are you putting in place to assure your success? What's more important, weight loss or getting fit? You can do both! It might help to have some focus and set some goals and then develop some strategies to meet them. Ideally you can take the long view, take it slow, and turn those strategies into habits that you will continue in the indefinite future because if the new job led to gaining 10kg, it will tempt you to gain again in the future if you don't build those habits.

It's great you're started. Just stick to it!
  • BainD7
    BainD7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are on here. I'm looking for friends for support with losing weight. I was on here before and gave it up and now I'm on my 9th day back.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    I'I've been on MFP about six years. My gain was slow. From graduate school when I could barely afford to eat more than beans and rice up until nearly 30 years later it was "only a pound or two a year." They add up.

As far as some friends for support, if you're looking for a whole family of friends, maybe you'll be interested in a group I'm involved with called Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off!

It's a friendly and welcoming group that's been active since 2016. Click on the above link and then click the "JOIN" button. It may take a little while for someone to approve your request, but it will be approved.

We do some ongoing challenges and try to have a fun special challenge each week. The only requirement are to set some weight goals for the end of each quarter and then to post a weekly weigh-in on a related spreadsheet "Google" document.