LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

@Lilylady3k when we cleaned out my parents house when Dad went into assisted living, we found all the half opened liquor that he took when HIS mom died in the 80’s. Never to be touched again. Right into the dumpster. Gak! So definitely don’t touch old cheap wine!
    @Womona - Isn't it crazy what they do with all that old stuff. Besides wine the estate sale lady gives my mom all the booze too ... which the poker ladies use to make frozen blender drinks. It is a very good thing my mom is just a social drinker ... one and done type ... with all this in the house.
    Mind boggling!!! My sister and I will be cleaning out her booze and wine because it has grown to be a large stash since one of us last visited.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Sherbog wrote: »
    I love a craft beer. My favorite is the Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter. Perhaps that’s why the nonalcoholic beers are a waste of my time. I enjoyed your post.

Have you tried the Deschutes NA Black Butte? I picked up a sixer of that not too long ago and it's pretty good.
    9jgp2za95v0g.jpeg

Diet, cranberry juice, and diet squirt! I need to bling it up in a decent glass with some cherries and orange peel or something! I’ve never been one for foo foo drinks. More bourbon neat! Can’t really make a Mocktail out of that.

Nothing wrong with a mason jar for the right drink. Definitely with ya on the neat bourbon thing, though. I'll make the occasional old fashioned, heavy on the bitters and simple syrup instead of sugar, but most of the time I'd rather a good wheated whiskey neat in a snifter or with a huge chunk of ice in a lowball.

-m
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

Have you tried the Deschutes NA Black Butte? I picked up a sixer of that not too long ago and it's pretty good.

Nothing wrong with a mason jar for the right drink. Definitely with ya on the neat bourbon thing, though. I'll make the occasional old fashioned, heavy on the bitters and simple syrup instead of sugar, but most of the time I'd rather a good wheated whiskey neat in a snifter or with a huge chunk of ice in a lowball.

-m[/quote]

I was unaware that Deschutes NA Black Butte Porter existed! I will look for it locally. I make an old fashioned just the way you mentioned. Recently purchased some rather spendy (for my wallet) bitters. Really did not see any difference. I really like whiskey sour's too! Mostly I like a shot of bourbon with a beer back and I am good. :) I had an issue with the huge chunk ice cube made in my silicone ice tray having a weird taste. Googled and found out one must remove the cubes from the ice tray to avoid that.

8 days NA!

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    I love a craft beer. My favorite is the Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter. Perhaps that’s why the nonalcoholic beers are a waste of my time. I enjoyed your post.

Just googled Deschutes NA Black Butte Porter...100 Calories. I will diffenitly search for it and try it.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the photos and all the positive posts. We do have good energy and a positive momentum going here.

Separately, I'm losing my appetite for wine and chocolates and sweets in general. How can that be? Sour and bitter...yes absolutely...but I have no idea what is driving this change in "taste" craving.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 17AF days for January (a long month)

I do this diary style to keep track, and I post the next morning

Monday Feb 13 - AF - I will be working an extra shift for Valentine's Day at the restaurant, may or may not have drinks when I get home.
    Tuesday Feb 14 - 2 drinks when I got home from a late shift. It was very nice for me after a very long day.
    Wednesday Feb 15 - AF - Going out to a comedy show at a pub on Saturday night, so my plan is to stay AF Friday night so that I am not "puffy".
    Thursday Feb 16 - AF - Today, Friday, will be a test for me, it is usually the day where I permit myself to have a few drinks.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 16 days. 50% AF won't cut it to reach my goal in 28 days (reminder to self)