LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi - Robyn here in SE Virginia. My goal is 16+ AF days per month. I had 18 AF days last month. I'm drinking less for health and weight loss. I post the next morning.

2/17: Drinks (1) - This is such an amazing getaway in the mountains and it's heaven hanging out with our youngest, girlfriend, and all our pets. There are horses across the street and long-haired cows down the road. I'll try to get some photos to share with the group. Last night we went to a nearby brewery. I had a single IPA with dinner there. This was not my plan but normally I would have had two. I had NA drinks before and after.

Rolling Total: 9 AF Days out of 17
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @MissMay WooHoo! Great job! I also enjoyed your description of your Las Vegas trip!
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @joans1967 Thinking of you during your 20-days!
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Joan1976 This may not be helpful at all but here is a link I found with a number: Michigan Civil Service Commission. You also may be able to call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and get advice/help.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @mfowler883 How are you and your wife and Bentley doing? Is he urinating more frequently? Im sure you have discussed this with the vet but he could be holding his urine for various reasons. You could express his bladder but if hes holding it, that wont really help. I have taught owners in this situation how to catheterize their pets and its very easy (especially since hes a boy) but it can introduce infection so he will likely have to go on antibiotics, which can upset his stomach.
    I love the pictures. My two derps keep locking themselves in the bathroom and when I hear the door banging sounds I go and see the door is closed and I open it and they walk out like nothing is weird but there are always toys involved.

We're...okay.

He urinates, just never at convenient times like when I'm helping him stay upright or when he's in his wheels. This morning, he pooped outside, then stood around sniffing the wind. I brought him in, parked him in front of the bottle and he drank his fill while I got breakfast and morning meds together for them. They got their meds, Harley inhaled his food and Bentley picked at his. Back in the wheels for a bit while we managed our own breakfast and got ready to face the day, still no pee. Set him down on his blanket on the floor and run off to get her to work, come back and the blanket and dog are sopping wet - already cold, so he must've done it almost as soon as I set him down. The blanket gets laundered and the dog gets bathed, poops in the tub, gets re-bathed and blow-dried (no heat duh) and we're off and running for the morning.

I've thought more than once about expressing his bladder. There were dogs at Dag's that needed it done, so I'm familiar, just really don't want to go there if I don't have to. Seeing what he does, how and when is just another metric for me to gauge where he's at and how he's doing. Eating and drinking, peeing and pooping, rest and activity levels, and so on. He is already on some pretty heavy antibiotics, so that would probably be a non-issue but I'm not inclined to catheterize unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Last night was nice, he did both before bed, and slept through the night. He seems to be starting to wrap his head around the wheelchair, albeit slowly. I may need to look for some bigger casters to put up front, the little bitty ones it has get caught on every little bump. I've already tweaked the assembly some to make it work better for him.

k8qekg8nzj2c.jpg

Our derps have occasionally gotten themselves stuck on the wrong side of a door. One will occasionally wander into the closet unnoticed, and might not even protest right away when we turn the light off and close the door.

Man, your boss really needs a visit to the karmic baptismal font, just hold her under until the bubbles stop and...wait, no, that's a bit much. She needs her *kitten* kicked, though. What a mess. I know it seems like the path of least resistance is to somehow suck it up and stay there, but I dunno if that's the best thing. Anyway, I hope you arrive at some sort of option that works for you. Barbie has some pretty good advice, I think.

-m

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 17AF days for January (a long month)

I do this diary style to keep track, and I post the next morning

Wednesday Feb 15 - AF - Going out to a comedy show at a pub on Saturday night, so my plan is to stay AF Friday night so that I am not "puffy".
    Thursday Feb 16 - AF - Today, Friday, will be a test for me, it is usually the day where I permit myself to have a few drinks.
    Friday Feb 17 - 2 drinks, my intention had been AF. Not sure about tonight, going to a comedy show and then over to Blitzville. I will be AF for both since I am driving, but might have drinks later when I get home.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 17 days. 50% AF won't cut it to reach my goal in 28 days (reminder to self)