LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    So far I’ve kept to my goal of no more than two glasses on the weekend nights, and I feel great. I’m kind of over drinking for the weekend, so tonight I’ll kick off AF.

@mfowler883 poor Bentley. Poor you for having to bathe a dog and clean up poop at 3:00 AM!!!! I honestly don’t know who I feel worse for.

@MissMay woot woot to you for barely drinking in Vegas! I cannot believe it snowed out there! So much for a sunny getaway. Meanwhile I’m dying to ski and the weather is just not cooperating here in PA.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    2/1- 2/2- 2/3 -2/4 - A
    2/5 - AF
    2/6 - AF
    2/7 - AF
    2/8 - AF
    2/9 - A - 2/10 - 2/11 -A
    2/12 - AF
    2/13 - A
    2/14 - AF
    2/15 - 2/16- 2/17- 2/18- A -- more A days this month so far but logging anyway to keep accountability going. Love this judgement-free space!
    2/19 - AF
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 thinking more about your situation… just don’t sign anything or agree to anything. I am not sure what a lawyer is going to do for you at this point if you are not protected by FMLA or ADA. Why would Narcissa have to agree to do anything? I don’t know how old you are but if you are over 40 and she fired you you would have a doubly-good claim of discrimination (over 40 for age) plus the cancer diagnoses. I would wait until then to find a lawyer, threaten to sue and settle for something tangible - money damages and then move on with my life a bit richer for the lousy experience. What would your damages be now? What would you get from her that you want now? I know it sounds terrible but unless these 5k lawyers have told you their plan I would be skeptical they can solve anything for you without a law to rely on.

I don’t know what the job market is where you live, but if it was so great and she felt like she was in the right and in a true position of power she would just go ahead and fire you instead of tormenting you. That she isn’t means that she knows that she has a terrible situation facing her if she does. Plus you would be better off being fired because you could collect unenmployment and access health insurance while looking for a new job. Do what you need to do for your health, try to ignore her - be passive aggressive if you need to — don’t worry about work. Let her stew and be her usual lovely self and ignore it. If she fires you may the wrath of the gods come back to bite her through a rabies infected pet. You’ll then find a lawyer and have a claim for discrimination due to cancer (and maybe age). Document everything she does. Keep emails. Log your time etc,

This is of course a hell of a lot to do when you are battling cancer so if you can afford to walk away by all means do so, but if you can’t rather than waste 5K on a lawyer now when all they can do for you is buy you more time with Narcissa and make her potentially behave worse to you because you have brought in outside forces, I would turn my anger at the world into action in documenting everything so I have what I need in case I ever need to use it and try to ignore her and ride it out until my treatments are done. Then look for a job (or a lawyer if you’ve been fired).

I realize this is easier said from a distance, so please don’t think i am discounting how difficult your situation is. I am trying to project how I personally could use my FU feelings and project all the anger and pain I feel at the world into productive action rather than action that could be expensive (and likely equally stressful) and doesn’t have a real achievement at the end unless getting her to say she will let you have a few hours off for 20 day of treatment is all you want. (It may even take you that long to accomplish getting the concession from her, and I wouldn’t believe her if she agreed to it without a law that you can rely on to enforce the agreement with if she renegs. You’d just have a breach of contract claim in court, which again would cost money to enforce, and you’d have to prove damages.)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @joans1976
    What a great idea by @Womona to create a go fund me page!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 17AF days for January (a long month)

I do this diary style to keep track, and I post the next morning

Wednesday Feb 15 - AF - Going out to a comedy show at a pub on Saturday night, so my plan is to stay AF Friday night so that I am not "puffy".
    Thursday Feb 16 - AF - Today, Friday, will be a test for me, it is usually the day where I permit myself to have a few drinks.
    Friday Feb 17 - 2 drinks, my intention had been AF. Not sure about tonight, going to a comedy show and then over to Blitzville. I will be AF for both since I am driving, but might have drinks later when I get home.
    Saturday Feb 18 - 2 drinks late at night. Planned AF for Sunday.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 18 days. 50% AF won't cut it to reach my goal in 28 days (reminder to self)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I know this place is bad for me. Pretty much all vet clinics are these days. It’s like an industry wide crisis. Covid, staying at home,everyone got a puppy, back to work, puppies get separation anxiety, owner seeks help from vet, there are no longer vets there because they all quit during Covid, prices are up due to inflation, owner of puppy is mad and frustrated, yells at vet personnel, vet personnel quit and work at Taco Bell, no vet to see Covid puppies. Viscous cycle.

I was going to leave in January after I used my PTO to go to Bali. Then came the cancer and I got scared stiff thinking I better stay put so I have health insurance.

My ideal job (if I couldn’t relocate) would be to work in a library part time afternoons re-shelving books. I did that in high school and it was lovely.

I know what I need to do. I do. You always have such wise words.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @siberiantarragon ugh projectile vomiting sounds just miserable. I’m sorry to hear you are having such wonky reactions to medicines. Those reactions are no joke! I hope you can get the right combination that works and makes you feel good. Then you’ll be doing Snoopy’s happy dance!!

@joans1976 heck, Starbucks offers benefits now! You can have a lower stress job for a season and then get back into your field. I imagine being a barista is way less stressful. Well, actually maybe not…. People are pretty passionate out how their extra foamy lattes are prepared! Oh and the fun you could have if Narcissa comes in to order a mochachino….