Women 200lb+, Let's Flourish This February!!!

Options
💗Happy February, ladies!💗

💕We've made it through the first month of 2023 and now we've got to stay committed to our goals and ourselves in February!

💕How did January treat you and how have you been treating yourself? Are there any new resolutions you've added on or any that you've set aside because they just weren't working?

💕What good things have happened to you so far in 2023? And what's one way you've made yourself proud?

💗If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💗 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💗All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you!

💗Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

💕Let's flourish in February by being fierce, fabulous, and fearless!💕

Replies

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nov 1st: 260
    Dec 1st: 250
    Jan 1st: 243
    Feb 1st: 238

February Goals:
    💗 Swim x4 a week
    💗 Log all food
    💗 Stay within calorie range
    💗Create something 3x a week
    💗 Study Spanish x3 a week

💕What am I proud of? I'm proud that I preserved through being sick and also injured for most of January while keeping my eating under control. I tend to go off the rails if one part of my health plan falls apart, and while I did tend to eat a few hundred extra calories here and there, I kept it together.

January was a bit rocky for me health-wise and I only got to the gym 7 out of my scheduled 15 times. I'm not supposed to go to the pool until at least next week, so I've really gotta try to hustle to make 15 trips in the shortest month of the year; if I can do 12, I'll be happy. On the plus side, I still managed to lose 5lbs in Jan without too much exercising, so that was beneficial.

My hope for February is that my doctors figure out what's wrong with me (I went to one ENT, but now I'm scheduled to see a different type of ENT later in the month).

💕Have any of my resolutions changed? My 6 Month Resolution (November 1st to May 1st) is to lower my cholesterol though diet and exercise and that's still my focus. I am trying to lose weight, obviously, but the commitment I've made to myself is that my cholesterol numbers go down.

Losing 5lbs to 8lbs a month would be ideal (in my head), but the thing that keeps me motivated regardless of what the scale says is getting back a great result on my blood test in the spring. Although being able to brag to my doctor, "I've lost 40-50lbs in six months!!!" is also really motivating. 😆😆😆

Happy February, ladies, and glad we're all on this journey together!

• kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Happy February, ladies!💗

Hello! I'm Kelli. 46 yo mom of 4+1 (one of my boys got married last year). I work full time as a pediatric home health nurse, usually 3 12 hrs shifts a week. I'm a serial diet starter, but this is the longest I've stuck with it..even with kinda taking the holidays off. I started last April at 282 lbs, now at 252. My husband and 2 of our kids and I do martial arts together. I do 2 classes a week and started doing yoga on 1 other day of the week.

💕How did January treat you and how have you been treating yourself? I started January 6lbs up from my lowest weight before the holidays. My goal was to lose that weight. I ended up losing 8 lbs, finally breaking through the 254 plateau I hit last fall.

Are there any new resolutions you've added on or any that you've set aside because they just weren't working?
    I've added doing yoga 1 day a week to help with my balance and flexibility for my martial arts. Hoping to be able to retest for black belt in May. I just do a 30 minute yoga for beginner video I find on YouTube. Also bought me a new fitbit and use that to get more steps in during the day.

💕What good things have happened to you so far in 2023? And what's one way you've made yourself proud?
    1. Broke through my plateau I hit last fall
    2. Went clothes shopping and I was able to shop in the regular size area and not the plus size! Can fit into XL clothes now!

February goals:

Lose 5 lbs
    Get at least 6 hrs of sleep every night (I'm bad about staying up late watching TV)
  • tahitig
    tahitig Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone.

I've held steady this past month weight-wise, so I'm stepping it up so that I can fulfill my pledge to you all to lose 30 pounds this year.

Keeping calories to 1200 and total carbs to 50 grams each day usually works for me.

A big welcome to all the new people here, and it's great to see some familiar people returning, too.

SW: 215
    CW: 185
    Feb goal: 183
    GW: 155
    Ultimate goal: 150 - within the "healthy" weight range for me - and a trip to Tahiti to celebrate!

Tag time:

@RavenStCloud: I hope you have a diagnosis and are feeling better soon - you're our touchstone here!
    (losing weight due to illness = no fun at all)

@ pamperedlinny: AMAZING progress - and it's showing in your FBSs. Onederland is on your near horizon, and it feels good to get there - can't wait to celebrate with you, so keep it up!

@swimmom_1: Hey, welcome back! You usually make lightning progress when you set your mind to it, so I'll be sure to watch -- it's motivating!

@Formenik: Welcome! I stress/emotional eat also, but it looks like you're "kicking it." Good job!

@bonniemcc4: Welcome! I'll join you in keeping up with those exercises from recent PT (I'm recovering from Guillain Barré, and I hear it could take up to a year to be 100% again). Every pound we lose helps to take the weight off our chronic condition, so let's push through!

@campbjp1: Welcome! Our ultimate goal weights are the same, and our starting points are very similar, too. I'll be watching to see what works for you. Let's do this !!

@pamiede: Welcome back; you're in the groove now, so keep it up!

@thiessenleona: Welcome! I see a shore in your photo, so maybe you're a beach girl like me. Let's get some miles logged in the sand - it's great exercise!

@pdd1216: Welcome back! "Gotta keep my eye on the big picture and remember it's all about choices." That's the best advice in the past month, so keep it coming and keep us motivated! All good wishes for success!

@KacyCarpe: Congratulations on reaching a 30 pound-loss! Keep going!

@TeamCap12: A (belated) welcome to you! 155 is my goal this year, too - let's get there !

@loumoon5: Another belated welcome!

@sargemarcori: We're here if you need us! Your posts really helped me last year to make that flight weight for the float plane to Alaska, and to make another goal for that crazy celebrity wedding, so thank you!

@Femmefitfierce: Welcome to this group! Although some of us are older than you, you can see that many of us here have made it to Onederland and lower. We truly learn from each other's successes and celebrate them - and help each other get on track or stay there. Hope you set your goals and join us!

@SailorMom54: Bless you! I take bioidentical hormones; it's just a necessary part of the coastal grandmother experience for me, cause otherwise I'd feel like a banshee.

@sandielewis2001: 2023 Is going to be such as big year for you - you are so close to making your ultimate goal and I KNOW you'll do it!

@sbortnick: Road blocks and plateaus happen; so glad you're back!

@justanotherloser007: I'm in awe! SO close to an amazing goal. You have so much to celebrate already and how are you handling maintenance? Don't leave us when you hit the big 141!

@serenecompassion2663: Love your screen name - welcome to the group!

@MIssnewme9211: Indeed, every day is a second chance - let us know your goals and how you'll get there - welcome back!

Guys: Has anyone heard from @CupcakeCruso lately?? Did she make her goal weight and move on to another group? All these tags remind me of her - Miss her upbeat humor and tag parties!
  • kelliward1
    Options
    tahitig wrote: »
    I also want to acknowledge my fellow nurse @kelliward1 here, too! Although I've been a science writer for the past 20 years, I remember that nurses have to give it all - and often, there's little energy left for taking care of yourself - but with a 30-pound loss already under your belt, you're finding the path to accomplish your weight loss goals, Kelli - congrats! Tell us what's working as we watch your progress!

Thanks 😊.....for me it's just finding out what works with my body and schedule. Everyone's body is different so it's finding out what works the best for yours. For me it's higher protein meals...but not keto. I do a higher protein breakfast...eggs, breakfast tacos, protein smoothies, protein pancakes and what I call my protein oatmeal. This keeps me full until lunch.
    I do higher proteins of chicken, turkey, etc and not too much red meat or a lot of sodium since I also have high blood pressure. I've also been trying to not do so much refined sugars. I like the Fiber One chocolate brownie, only 2 gm of sugar and I get fiber..and chocolate! 😏 I've also cut out fast food and sodas. I drink a lot of flavored sparkling water.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Happy February y'all! Thanks for keeping this group going into February! My name is Diane and I greatly appreciate finding a group that has more to lose.

💕How did January treat you and how have you been treating yourself? January was good for me weight-wise; I lost 8 pounds. The slower pace and lower expectations of January was very good for me. I have become more accepting of my limitations and am not on the emotional rollercoaster that I have been. I have tried to extend the grace to myself that I would extend to others if they were in the same situation.

Are there any new resolutions you've added on or any that you've set aside because they just weren't working? What I would like to look at in February is eating more vegetables. I'm not a specific plan other than watching the amount of carbs I take in. In January, I at least made a step to BUY more vegetables. Now the goal is to actually cook them before going bad 🙄😂
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey, y’all! I’m new here. I’m Cyn. I’m 32 from Missouri. I am mom to a 10 year old daughter and my incredible boyfriend brought an 8 year old bonus son. At my highest I was 300lbs in 2020. It was a rough time in my life. In the last couple years I have completely rehauled my life - it’s time to focus on my health. I started February at 278 lbs.

💕How did January treat you and how have you been treating yourself? Are there any new resolutions you've added on or any that you've set aside because they just weren't working?

January went well! I finally got myself on track about halfway through and managed to lose 10 lbs. I have a goal to lose 30 lbs total by the end of May.

I am very proud of my self control these past few weeks. I have been tracking truthfully and resisting *most* of my boredom cravings.
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm nervous going into this weekend... I am fighting some sort of cough. It's not COVID, but I've been struggling this week. Now we're going into the weekend and I am not going to be very active.... and I'll be home with all my treats. I will do my best to stay motivated and give my body time to heal.
  • kelliward1
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Up early this morning..getting ready for an all day (10 am to 4 pm) martial arts clinic. Not sure how I will track the exercise in the app. Didn't eat the best yesterday because I wanted to fuel up for today. From what I was told, we aren't stopping for lunch but will have snack breaks throughout the day. Bringing some protein bars because I'm not sure what snacks they will have to offer. We will see how sore I'll be in the morning...maybe I should premedicate with some Aleve too.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny I’m still helping with my nephews but now they’re more independent and also go to an after school program most days. So much less than I used to but I still help before school or when they stay home sick from school.
  • kelliward1
    Options
    Well..I survived the clinic....I did have to sit out for about 20 minutes because I felt light-headed. Probably a little dehydrated at the time. Not as sore as I thought I would be, but taking it easy today.
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I’m happy to say I’m still on track. I did meet my January goal Saturday but hey …. Progress❣️

SW: 307
    CW: 290
    FGW: 252
    UGW: 175

My goals for this month:

✅ Continue meal plan with no sugar and reduced complex carbohydrates
    ✅ Exercise at least 5 days per week
    🧡 Increase water intake to 64 oz per day
    🧡 Practice walking 3x/week
    🧡 Incorporate stretching on weekends

January went well. I have worked on giving myself a break and not being highly critical. I haven’t put any resolutions aside but I need to recommit to ensuring they happen.

💕What good things have happened to you so far in 2023? And what's one way you've made
    yourself proud?

So far I’ve progressed in my recovery. I’ve increased my efforts to exercise daily. I’m proud of how my weight loss has impacted my ability to move. I love forward to more loss and progress 😊

Have a great week❣️