Good Start To Get Toned?

Options
I work a 8 hour shift at work 5 days a week. I burn 2467 calories during each shift. My breakfast is fruit and water, lunch is protein, and dinner is fruit and water. I am doing the following exercise each morning and night…

1 Minute Planks 5 Reps and 1 Minute Rest Between Each Rep
20 Pushups 2 Sets 1 minute rest between each Set

My Weight is currently 185lbs and I am
5.9 feet tall. My BMI is 27.3.

With this plan and workout, can I get toned abs and if yes how many months does it
take to see results with
consistency?

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I work a 8 hour shift at work 5 days a week. I burn 2467 calories during each shift. My breakfast is fruit and water, lunch is protein, and dinner is fruit and water. I am doing the following exercise each morning and night…

With this plan and workout, can I get toned abs and if yes how many months does it
    take to see results with
    consistency?
    A) you don’t burn 2467 cals during your shift

B) at that weight you’re a lot more than a 27 BMI.

Your abs will be a product of developed abs due to resistance training then losing enough fat to expose the abs. The timeframe will be dependent on many factors however it’s safe to say it won’t be any time soon.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options

take to see results with
    consistency?
    A) you don’t burn 2467 cals during your shift

B) at that weight you’re a lot more than a 27 BMI.

Your abs will be a product of developed abs due to resistance training then losing enough fat to expose the abs. The timeframe will be dependent on many factors however it’s safe to say it won’t be any time soon.

Assuming that 5.9 feet means 5 feet, 9 inches, OP's BMI is 27.3 . Go put the numbers in a BMI calculator.

Also don't understand how you can say definitively OP doesn't burn 2467 in an eight-hour shift when you don't know whether OP's job is carpentry or sitting in a chair counting thumb tacks. 2467 kcal in eight hours isn't that much if you have a physically demanding job, especially if that calorie count includes the base calories for normal body processes. It's only a little over 300 calories an hour. For someone who weighs 185 lbs, that would be a less than 4 MET activity. A product picker in a sales fulfillment warehouse is a common 4 MET-ish job.

you’re correct. I mis read the post