Weight loss plans

Options
I was just doing some research into weight loss plans. It's interesting to me. People say they want to get their life on track and get healthy but they don't know where to begin.

I think it starts with the want and then you have to have some goal in mind. You need to then find a way to work towards that goal.

So this brings me to... has anyone had success with plans? I remember doing the Beach Body 21 Day fix back in 2016. It really did help me to see how my eating habits had to change. These days I am seeing more of Arbonne 30 days to healthy living.

I really do like these and feel like they can help those getting started. So with these plans and tracking on here, have you had success with these?

Replies

• Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I second what the above poster said.

And also add that IMO Arbonne is a cult and it will just end costing you a fortune for exactly what you could have done by yourself for free.
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inputs! It's a great discussion because we are surrounded by this so much socially. It's a simple topic... our survival... food. I don't think that food should ever be negative. It gives us life, happiness, brings memories. There's just so much. I always believe that there should be balance. At the end of the day, you need it to fuel your body to keep moving but at the same time you can emotional eat. How can you take that away?? Isn't that in itself emotional eating. I know I'm going into a tangent but I do feel strongly on this. Thank you again for your opinions!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I just did this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Everyone's unique, so that won't work for everyone, but it seems to have worked fine for me through just under a year losing from class 1 obese to a healthy weight, and for staying in a healthy weight range for 7 years since.

That's just the eating, though. My basic advice about "exercise" - pretty much what I did myself - would be to find some way(s) of moving more that are so fun you'd do them even if they weren't good for you. . . short of that, at least something tolerable and convenient enough to keep doing regularly long term.

Again YMMV, and those answers are both pretty low drama and non-revolutionary.
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I just did this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Everyone's unique, so that won't work for everyone, but it seems to have worked fine for me through just under a year losing from class 1 obese to a healthy weight, and for staying in a healthy weight range for 7 years since.

That's just the eating, though. My basic advice about "exercise" - pretty much what I did myself - would be to find some way(s) of moving more that are so fun you'd do them even if they weren't good for you. . . short of that, at least something tolerable and convenient enough to keep doing regularly long term.

Again YMMV, and those answers are both pretty low drama and non-revolutionary.

I just read through that and it contains lots of great info! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • sjl0210
    sjl0210 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To be honest every workout is progress, even if you do it "wrong". Personally I just use MyFitnessPal, find my maintain macros, then add or lower the numbers depending what goal I have. For workouts, it also depending on your goal. But any plan is good, if you stick to it and progress each week with for example more added kg to the exercise etc. :)