I don't think I'm eating enough.

Options
124»

Replies

• avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    +1 to getting a food scale. It really helps calibrate portion sizes. I keep mine on grams rather than ounces.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Dan__Cote wrote: »
    Dan cote,

The aim is to lose weight long term and keep it off.

Making this a battle of willpower and forcing yourself to adhere to some sort of horrible unpleasant submission of hunger torture is most unlikely to result in long term success.

It might work for 11 days - but I doubt any of the long termers here found long term success with that sort of plan

And apple cider concoctions of any sort do nothing for weight loss.

I can agree that unpleasant hunger torture is not desirable. It gets better the longer you do it. This isn't my 1st rodeo though. I'm new to this forum, not the life. I've been bulking and cutting for the majority of the time since i was in my early 20s. It works for me. Apple cider vinegar doesn't directly make you lose weight. true. It just makes you not have hunger pangs for a while.

Actually, no, not universally. During weight loss, I drank apple cider vinegar daily for weeks at a time, and didn't drink it for other weeks at a time. (Reasons for starting and stopping had nothing to do with weight loss.) It had zero observable effect on my hunger or weight loss rate. I don't dispute that your experience is true for you, but you're on shaky ground when you tell other people how they will feel. They might, they might not. The research I've read on this point suggests minor effects, at most.
    I use to use it during extended field training in the Army to keep hunger away, and I use it during cutting to do the same. It's best if most dieters don't follow my exact advice. It is extremely difficult to manage. Like with anyone's advice on here. Take what you like and leave the rest. Experiment. Try new things. Oh yeah, down another .4lbs since my original post. You don't NEED to burn 3600 calories to lose a pound of pure fat (insert mind-blown emoji). Hormones are powerful. The human body is complicated. To oversimplify such a complex subject that even "experts" don't know everything about is... Anywho, this has turned into a debate forum. Sorry.

back to the original subject.

Yes. 1200 calories seems realistic. Just move your body and drink a ton of water. Stay with it!

Yes, since 2016, also for reasons unrelated to weight loss, I've drank ACV daily. It has had zero affect on my weight or appetite.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    In 2009 I needed to lose 20 lbs so drank ACV and lot the weight but I'm sure the extra cardio and all the chicken breasts had nothing to do with it.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Courage is fire, but blowing smoke doesn't make wishes come true. You're very smart, Dan. I don't think you really believe these things, either. Some people might, but that's why the moderators hold fast to the boundaries. They care. I appreciate all of them.

This is definitely not my first rodeo with smokescreens. B)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,720 Member
    Options
    So, re importance of reasonable goal setting, as an abbreviation based SOLELY on the number of steps you average, you're coming in somewhere between active and very active in terms of TDEE estimators

Reminds me of the time someone explained to me when I was in the 230s and averaging over 10k steps a day that I wasn't actually sedentary regardless of how I thought of myself at the time.