Meal prep for returning to the office.

Options
I am having to return to the office after working remote for 3 years. Over the three years I lost 37-40 pounds depending on the day. I am looking for suggestions for keeping the weight off and losing and 20 more pounds. My days start about 3:45am, I have an hour drive one way and my work day doesn’t allow for much movement. I work in technical support so I am connected to a computer all day. I do have a standing desk at the office. Quick meal preps, tasty lunch (that’s not salad all the time) and snacks would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Here are some no/low prep ideas I used to like when I wasn’t remote:

Wrapping cherry tomatoes in slices of ham/chicken/turkey (could replace the cherry tomatoes with babybel lights for a bit more fat some days)
    Soups
    Protein bars
    Boiled eggs
    Jerky
    Ricecakes
    Sugar free jelly

Congrats on the progress so far and good luck with the rest of your journey!

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave and fridge in the office? If so you should be able to keep doing mostly what was working for you at home. I tend to make one or two things on the weekend that will last or can be repurposed during the week - so a big pot of soup or chili (heavy on veggies sometimes no meat at all), The soup or chili obviously needs a microwave. But if you roasted a chicken (or get a rotisserie chicken or roast some chicken parts) the cold chicken goes on salads, in grain or pasta salads (which also typically get mixed with lettuce in my case to keep things bigger in volume not a carb heavy)or rolled in tortillas with whatever looks promising in the fridge. This can all be eaten cold or room temp, but if you made something good for dinner and have access to a microwave you can have a lunch size portion of leftovers. I also roast lots of veggies that reappear in sandwiches, salads and to round out snacks at room temp the next day,

I tend to eat lunches that are less traditionally composed like a proper meal. So I will keep stuff in the house i like in packable portions (yogurt, cottage cheese, small portions of cheese, fruits, veggies, hummus guac, boiled eggs, mini egg crustless quiches baked in muffin tins, edamame, cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers, tzatiki) and just put together a little box of snacks to have at lunch or over the course of the day.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It can be easy as sandwiches. On Sunday, do this and store in frig: Peel 5 iceberg leaves off the head, slice one tomato, have meat coldcuts (non-nitrate/nitrite versions are available in many places), have one package of sliced cheese and some eat-out-of-hand fruit. Assemble a sandwich the night before, applying condiments in a manner to not touch bread (so it doesn’t get the bread soggy) and wrap it up. Take to work in a bag/box with a freezie along with a piece of fruit.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about how you lost weight at home as opposed to how you put it on at work? My office always had a supply of donuts and sweets close at hand. I became a germaphobe one day (this is way before covid) after watching my coworkers pawing the donuts looking for their favorite filling. After that it was- if I didn’t bring it myself, I’m not eating it. Whatever else I might have brought for lunch, I always brought 2 apples. Only other issue was getting past the vending machines on my way out. But that only took a bit of concentration and about 30 seconds of willpower.