Weight gain journey!

Options
jordansteinman98
jordansteinman98 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! My name is Jordan. I just decided to download this app as my garmin device app wanted me to in order to get health stats transferred to it.
Anyways - a little about me. I have always been on the lower end of the weight scale just bordering being underweight, and a little over a month ago I contracted a parasite that made me lose around 15 lbs in less than 4 days, and currently at this point I finished taking antobiotics and am looking to gain the weight back as this caused me to be far underweight. Without having my full digestive tract and git health in order its hard for me to eat enough food to get enough calories per day, but I am hoping becoming a part of this community, and really putting in my best effort I will get back to my regular weight (plus some, as I want to bulk up as well). Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you and seeing some success stories!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,327 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I wish you well in recovering from your parasite. That must be awful. If you're looking to build muscle as well as weight, for sure focus on getting plenty of fuel and especially protein. There's some good tools here to help you find foods that will help you meet your fuel goals. One is a Google document that I think was created by an MFP user. It has some bugs, but it's a good resource.