LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Snow in March! Wow! I hope that it's pretty at least.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 enjoy your days off! Hope you recovered from overdoing it yesterday!
  • Womona
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Love the trailer pic! Lurking airstream photos is a guilty pleasure. So much creativity!

Happy Friday, all. AF so far this week. A couple times a drink sounded pretty good, but habits kicked in and waited for the weekend. Don't have anything social planned, hope to get some yardwork done. Not quite warm enough to plant some things, but past our last frost. We can at least put away greenhouse and start prepping beds.

I need to master those habits! Good for you!
  • Womona
    Options
    Thu 3/23: AF - We stopped at a bar last night during our walk on the boardwalk (DH loves to go bar hopping). I had a very Heineken 0.0 that the bar tender pulled from the ice. Being very cold made it extremely refreshing and tasty, plus it's 69 calories vs. the usual 200+ from the Hazy IPA I would normally order.

We're planning a long weekend soon; maybe a New York trip. After 35 years, the Phantom of the Opera is closing down in April. We may try to catch a show.

Rolling Total: 11 AF Days out of 24

Woo hoo! So great you had a nice cold NA beer that has less calories. Phantom is closing? The end of an era!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,583 Member
    Options
    @Michieb125

Glacier National Park is sooo beautiful!!
    And not too terribly far from me : - )
    I will look forward to hear when you are heading this direction.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days for the shortened month of February.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday March 19 - AF - I plan to rack up more AF days this week. I have plans for the weekend including drinks. I will see if I can stay mostly AF during the weekdays.
    Monday March 20 - 2 1/2 drinks. 2 would have been enough, yes, 1/2 went into the freezer. Very long day, I worked at one job and then worked out of town at another. I didn't even try to abstain. Planning AF for Tuesday.
    Tuesday March 21 - AF - Working a split shift Wednesday with another job during my 2 hour break. No plan for AF or A Wednesday night as I type this Wednesday morning.
    Wednesday March 22 - AF - I really really wanted drinks last night after a long workday. Had to do the 6 minute thing several times. As I type this the next morning I am very glad that I abstained. Planned drinks over the weekend.
    Thursday March 23 - AF - Long day including working out of town. I knew that I would be having drinks out on Friday, so it was easier to stay AF than it would have been had I not had plans for Friday after work.
    Friday March 24 - Drinks, out with a friend. It was a very nice time. No plans for A or AF for Saturday.

Rolling total: 12AF day out of 24 days.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had half a glass of watery frozen sangria with dinner at a nice Cuban restaurant. Other than that, no alcohol, no atarax, no delta 8 and I slept like absolute garbage. Still no alcohol in the house.

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    10 AF so far this month - not the greatest but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Gonna try to finish out March strong and quit letting work stress drive my decision making.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Micieb125

Yes, Victoria and Vancouver Island are beautiful, especially Tofino and Ucluelet.

I am about 12 or more hours away from there including a $100 Ferry ride from Vancouver. (I usually just fly when going there to visit friends)

I live in the SE corner of BC, almost to Alberta. I am about 40 minutes away from Idaho and about an hour 20 to Eureka Montana.

Very excited to hear about your trips : - )