LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,035 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @itladyee Ohmu goodness, what cool pics! I dont know WHAT is going on with that martini besides gummy worms...what was in it?

@ahoy_m8 So interesting about Ozempic. Ive read the grumblings about diabetics not being able to get it. Ive honestly considered drugs to lose weight. My shrink offered some last summer but I read up on the side effects and they were just too serious to risk my mental health. My PCP suggested bariatric surgery at our last meeting. I was kind of offended and in no uncertain terms told her there is no way I will go that route. I can think of six people who had bariatric surgery and their food addictions all turned to other addictions. I have heard positive stories of people getting weight loss surgery and doing well but I dont know any of them personally. I am currently 60 pounds overweight and absolutely know it is not healthy for me. As you know I had other things come up last fall and I put weight loss on the back burner. I lost 50 pounds last year and I feel I can work on it again this year.
    For the alcohol blocking affects from drugs I know my brother takes suboxone for opiate addiction and he doesnt partake in any substances now (except cigarettes.) He said the suboxone just turns off his cravings for opiates. Alcohol was never his substance of choice but he would drink heavily while on opiates. I think its been 11 years since he touched anything. I have a good friend who is very overweight and she tries anything to lose weight, shakes, MLM scams, powders, caffeine pills, detoxes. She tried Wengovy and she couldnt stand the side effects but she barely ate while she was on it, she said her cravings were gone.
    Sorry for the long post, just my two cents.

@joans1976 ~ They put dry ice in the martini so it looks so cool!

My husband is a diabetic and had to wait almost 3 months without meds because Ozempic was not available. He was told that it was being prescribed for weight loss by his doctors.

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn So proud of you that you keep plugging away at this and soon your efforts will be paid back! Packing/moving/organizing is mentally and physically exhausting. It will be great when you can let out a big sigh of relief!

@itladyee Was there alcohol in your candy martini? Im not judging AT ALL I'm just wondering what kind of alcohol goes well with gummi worms!
    I have heard that about Ozempic. So many things are broken in the US surrounding health care. What did your husband do in the meantime?
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn you’re so close to being done packing- you can do this!!!!!!!! What a joy it will be to finally pull away from the old house and start your new adventure!

@itladyee love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

@joans1976 I binged on Emily in Paris and am waiting for the final season of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I hear Succession is good but I don’t have HBO. I can’t keep up with all these shows!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,583 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    On the Ozempic thing, I believe that Canada has decided to stop selling it to Americans because we are running out of it here too. Obesity is taxing on the Medical systems in both countries, but at the end of the day I feel like it should be a priority to make sure that diabetics get it first.

@itladyee

Thank you for those photos!! I love them : - )

@joans1976
    I am completely addicted to HGTV: House Hunters International, Mediterannean Life, Hawaii Life, Mexico Life, Bahamas Life, etc. etc.

@Womona
    I refused the HRT. I went into a local health food store and the proprietor got me on Estroven, which is herbs capped. I stayed on it for 2 years (maximum and then you have to go off of it) and expected that when I went off of it I would have a return of all of the symptoms. Nope. I was done! It took 5-7 days to take effect because it is natural.
    Yes, that heavy bleeding happened to me on and off for a couple of years before I went from perio into full blown (after one year of no periods at all). Yuck, I sure do remember that. It did take years, I would think that it was finally over at 9 months in to having none, and then boom I would get a period again.
    Honestly, it is really really great to be out the other side of it. I found that certain things triggered symptoms for sure, but I wasn't about to give up coffee. Wine, chocolate, coffee, are the usual suspects that exacerbate the symptoms.
    Hormones are changing. I think that you will find something/some way to get through this.

@lmlmrn
    Hotel? I thought that you would be RV-ing.
    Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,035 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

@itladyee Was there alcohol in your candy martini? Im not judging AT ALL I'm just wondering what kind of alcohol goes well with gummi worms!
    I have heard that about Ozempic. So many things are broken in the US surrounding health care. What did your husband do in the meantime?

@joans1976 ~ Oh yeah, there was alcohol! :) I had the "Whisky Business" which had whiskey and my husband's had vodka. His doctor increased one of this other medications until he could get the Ozempic.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 Interesting link, thank you for sharing! While I wouldn't, personally, go down this route, it is interesting to learn of the suspected behaviour interactions between these drugs and alcohol.
    @Womona Thank you!

I haven't quite made the 1 A session per week mini goal (turned into 2 sessions), but my OH is onboard with us keeping it to 1 A session per week going forward. Tackling consumption levels in the meantime, just have to keep exercising that 'put it down and walk away' muscle.

January: 22 AF, 9 A
    February: 20 AF. 8 A
    March: 20 AF, 11 A

Thank you for this thread and good luck to everyone for April and all your goals!