LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Thursday 3/30.
    I can’t believe tomorrow will mark the end of the month.
    This thread has helped me so much to stay accountable to myself and meet my personal goals. Thanks to each of you!

What I learned this month:

1. I am able to meet my goals for LA
    2. It wasn’t easy but it wasn’t impossible
    3. There is a direct correlation between having LA and my weight loss goals.
    4. I am feeling more energetic, rested and mentally clear with my new choices.

Rolling total: 22 AF out of 29 days
    AF - 22
    A - 7
    Just returned from my 45 minute walk and I will most likely enjoy a glass of wine later tonight.
    Tomorrow I have an afternoon hike planned with daughter-in-law and then will go see a local play with DH.

Let’s stay true to ourselves and finish the month strong.

I love this!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hello My "LA" friends! Happy March! I am SO ready for spring! My goal is 16 AF days minimum in a month. I'm drinking less for weight loss and the additional health benefits. I usually post the next morning.

Thu 3/30: Drinks (2) - I had a couple glasses of red wine with dinner. I didn't sleep well. Red wine gives me night sweats and I have bags under my eyes this morning; another reminder why I'm drinking less alcohol! :grimace: The plan is AF today. I'll meet my goal for the month (yay!). However, I had more drinks than my daily goal on most of the A days, which was more like three or four rather than a couple (boo!). I'm looking forward to warmer weather and doing a better job in April!

Rolling Total: 15 AF Days out of 30
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @joans1976 If you like Sly Stallone, we just binge-watched him in Tulsa King on Paramount+. It's a lot of fun.
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    I really appreciated one dinner party where there was an emphasis on mocktails. The host put out a number of interesting mixers, seltzer water, lemons, and limes. Alcohol was available as well, but it led to a group adoption of moderation. It was a very nice evening with lots of nice conversations.

This is a fantastic idea and something I've never thought of doing. My next party or one that I attend will have mocktail options.

Congrats on a successful March and good luck in the 5k!
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    All - I haven't had a lot of time lately so haven't been able to respond to some of these great posts, but I'm here and reading. It means so much to me to be part of this community.
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @joans1976 Congratulations! I ditto @Womona in that "I am so, so happy for you!!!! That is such wonderful news- you truly deserve it after all you’ve been through. Good luck on the job search, we are all rooting for you!!!!!" And @Sinisterbarbie1, thank you for sharing your personal story. I'm glad you are on the other side of it and doing well! Amanda - You will get there too!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,583 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days for the shortened month of February.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Monday March 27 - AF - Very busy week for me, that will keep me AF until at least Thursday or Friday.
    Tuesday March 28 - AF - Planning on hitting my 16 Wednesday.
    Wednesday March 29 - AF - Hit my 16. Going to try to stay AF Thursday.
    Thursday March 30 - AF - Planned drinks for Friday. It has been an emotionally charged 2 weeks for me, plus started the month out with Covid. My favourite job of 10+ years has terminated 100% of Canadian staff due to mergers etc. Very sad, it was part of my identity, it was my happy place, I was very good at it, and it is over as of today. I will re-evaluate and make a plan to move forward next week.

Rolling total: 17AF day out of 30 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Friday 3/31
    @joans1976 you are an inspiration with all you have been through, and the news of no evidence must feel GREAT! So happy for you. A new job sounds like a great way to spring forward :)
    @Fursian glad you are here…..your monthly stats you posted are so admirable!
    @RockinRobyn672 - try not to beat yourself up, you racked up your AF days - a very worthy accomplishment!
    @forestdweller1 I am positive you are not the only one struggling! We are all in this together.
    @Womona the only way I can control my LA and weight loss is by tracking ….. tried too many other ways to no avail!

March 3/31 Stats:
    Goal: 20-23 AF days
    Rolling total accountability: 23 AF out of 31 days (counting AF tonight)
    AF - 23
    A - 8
    I read somewhere in order to change a habit for the long term it is best to ease into bigger goals, so I will keep the same goals for next month and thinking about a few tweaks.
    Hope to see you on the April thread!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Yay, yay, yay! Still here for you. You have had an inspirational outlook throughout, so thank you for sharing with US. Here's to being on the "back 9"!
    @womona May the force be with you.
    @dawnbgethealthy On no. Was that the Foster Grant job? I remember once you said you would never quit that one. I hope it was not that one. But in any case, it is the end of a great chapter. Maybe something just as wonderful will fill the space that that job leaves in your life. I always think of "You can't pour into a full cup" and that creating emptiness makes room for joyful things to happen. (So sorry I cannot give proper attribution on that expression, I thinks its old Chassidic wisdom. But don't hold me to it.)

Happy Friday, LA friends. AF so far this week. A glass of wine sounded good last night (for several hours, at that) but I just waited it out. Hope that "pent up demand," as it were, doesn't pull me off a reasonable balance tonight. No big plans this weekend. Hopefully more progress in the yard. Concert at a friend's house Sunday then stepdad coming to dinner afterward. Boy, the weeks are flying by.

March for me was ok re: M-Th AF but all over the map with F-Su<2.
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Thinking of you on your last day with your happy job!
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Busted hump today in the studio, went through a lot of stuff. Some things got redistributed to various closets and other spaces. Some things are getting given away or donated. Some things went to the dumpster. It's a mixed bag, I have a lot more space in here now, but I think it's had a negative affect on the acoustics. Next step is absorption panels, I have some in place but not nearly enough for a room this size and shape - I have materials already, so it's just a question of building them. Once that happens, I'll be looking at building quadratic diffusers for the back wall and we'll see how the room sounds.
    AF again today.

-m
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your favorite job. I know you’ve got your chin up but we are here for you.