Mindful Eating, Exercise and Meditation and still not losing weight.

Options
I've been tracking calories, meditating and exercising for over a month now. I've only maintained my weight. I'm not trying to lose much but it's frustrating. Anyone else have the same issue.

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I see you posted a fortnight ago, have you seen movement in the scales or in your measurements by now?
    If not then it suggests you’re not eating at a deficit and need to either move more or eat less or both.
    If you post your stats then people can maybe help with more specific advice.
    If you open your diary and invite feedback then people may be able to recommend how you can improve your logging which may help a lot.
  • seanpfinley
    seanpfinley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Nothing new to report. Plateau City! The one day I had some movement…I didn’t eat breakfast…so maybe the the deficit idea may work. I changed jobs and sit more so maybe it’s everything! Back to it. Hopefully my next fortnight will be better!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    The formulas provided by MFP (and elsewhere) are population averages and are not perfectly accurate for each individual.

Assuming you are otherwise healthy, are truly carrying extra weight, and you trust your scale, it most likely means you are actually eating at your maintenance level. That is not a bad way to start calorie counting! Eventually you will end up back at this level to keep from gaining the weight back. From here, you could reduce your plan and see what happens. I choose a deficit that is ~25% below maintenance, but there's no reason not to try, for example, a 10% deficit at first. Any deficit works!

When you have questions about your health, it is always worth speaking to your doctor and, if you like, getting a referral to a nutritionist who can help set up your plan and help you develop a healthy diet.

Best of luck!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many calories are you eating and how are you calculating your total?