WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I took a yoga class 3 days a week for several years and it was wonderful. I learned so much. I loved the class members & teacher. I miss them.

We moved to Illinois to be near our daughter and grandchildren. It is a good to be near our family.

Now I don’t have a yoga class any more but I practice the yoga positions and movements I learned in my class in Oregon right here in my home. I bought a new yoga mat and strap that help me stretch and move more. I feel better day by day.

Katla in Illinois

Little steps help a lot! Isn’t wonderful how a little yoga makes you feel so much better?

RVRita
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post-nasal drip suggestions!

I am hesitant to use garlic pills on a regular basis. We were on a trip once and a guy in our group took them (supposedly to repel mosquitos) and he stunk.

I have been tested for allergies, and I have many. However, I've been taking an allergy pill and steroid nasal spray daily, for years, and they don't stop the dripping. I'd like to be off the steroid solution. I've been trying Musicnex and it helps a bit, but I don't think it's a long-term solution.

I will try Astepro.

A dental surgeon was diving with us on my trip earlier this month. He said there are procedures that can open the nasal passage non-surgically that can be done by a dental surgeon. His mentor actually has a practice very close to my house, which is coincidental since our fellow traveler was actually from Australia.

I don't know if I will try the dental procedure, but I think it's worth looking into. He guessed I had allergies, post-nasal drip, and congestion based SOLELY on the fact that I told him I am a bad sleeper.

The very negative of living where I live is year-round allergies!

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Annie-I agree with the others. That's likely a scam. Do some research and if you find out it is, report it to the police.

Tina in CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Annie,

What Barbie said about the scale.

You’ve consistently done a wonderful job on your intake, and half a pound on any given day means nothing. You are not backsliding. You are going forward with another day of your excellent plan.

Karen in Virginia
  • kevrit
    Options
    Here is the April calendar if you want. I like these and will try them for as long as I remember! LOL

April 2023 Action for Happiness
    Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate having patience and persistence.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 9/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 24/31 (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
    Meditation: daily. 24/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 14/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 19/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 10/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today.
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water.
    5. Tureen a regular activity into a playful game today.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post-nasal drip suggestions!

I am hesitant to use garlic pills on a regular basis. We were on a trip once and a guy in our group took them (supposedly to repel mosquitos) and he stunk.

I have been tested for allergies, and I have many. However, I've been taking an allergy pill and steroid nasal spray daily, for years, and they don't stop the dripping. I'd like to be off the steroid solution. I've been trying Musicnex and it helps a bit, but I don't think it's a long-term solution.

I will try Astepro.

A dental surgeon was diving with us on my trip earlier this month. He said there are procedures that can open the nasal passage non-surgically that can be done by a dental surgeon. His mentor actually has a practice very close to my house, which is coincidental since our fellow traveler was actually from Australia.

I don't know if I will try the dental procedure, but I think it's worth looking into. He guessed I had allergies, post-nasal drip, and congestion based SOLELY on the fact that I told him I am a bad sleeper.

The very negative of living where I live is year-round allergies!

Tina in CA

Tina, I had an issue with this too. I went to an ENT and he ended up doing a nasal ablation (sp?) which stopped the nightly post nasal drip. Perhaps look into that for help. Nothing else I did worked except a decongestant nightly which is not good for my blood pressure.

RVRita
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Annie Tina is right. If you report it to the police immediately, they will help with the situation. Does your father have any type of dementia? My mother-in-law started showing signs of dementia, and we found out that she was being scammed by telephone order operators. As well as by mail. She was literally giving her money away. She handled her own check book, and we had no idea. We had to have a hard talk with her! We also took her checkbook away. Even people that she considered her friends were getting money from her and giving her sob stories. She even gave one of her credit cards to one of the ladies. Even if the guy is legitimate is your roof leaking? Did your dad call him? or did he just drop by and convinced your dad that he needed it replaced. Sorry I am harping on this a little. I was just so disgusted with the people that took advantage of my mother-in-law. It can even run deeper than that. My own sister committed credit card fraud not once, but twice on our mother. You talking to your dad is only protecting your mom and dad! He may be really angry like my mom was! I called social services and reported my sister. They sent out the police to talk with my mom and sister. She had to repay the credit card companies. But it had to be done! Sometimes it’s better to get social services involved. That’s what I had to do. I know one of the ladies mentioned elder abuse. They do have elder abuse hotline’s.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed myself again and now instead of up half a pound, I'm down seven tenths. Crazy scale. You all are right.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Up way too early- started at 6am- the momma cat was sleeping on dh like she does all the time. Walked over and laid on me- I didn't look, thinking it was the other cat. I heard dh say "don't do it"and right then I got that warm feeling. Damn cat laid on me and PEED right on me. Jumped up, took all my blankets off and put them in laundry and then grabbed a quick shower. With all my blankets in the laundry and not feeling like going to the living room to grab another one, turned on my heating pad and covered with just the one blanket that had been under me and dozed off for a half hour before time to get up. Had an appointment at 8AM to get new tires after hitting a pothole(dh did that just two months ago). We were close to MIL's house and dh really didn't want to take me back home after dropping the car off and then going to his mom's so I went with him. Took the dog for a walk while he took care of her- got a nice 22min walk in. He was thrilled and dh was done when we got back.
    Went to the store on our way home. Picked up what he needed for his mom, some things on sale, including some sushi to take up for dinner for mom and I tonight.
    Getting ready to go walk the wetlands for an hour before picking Ezie up from school.
    Need to pack my stuff for going to mom's. Doesn't take long and I have a list of things I want to make sure I take, like the corned beef I cooked yesterday. Hoping we get rye bread at food program to go with it for lunch tomorrow, or dinner.
    Looking forward to seeing mom, spending time with her, helping at the food program(but hate being up at 4am to help there, 6 would be so much better) and then seeing my aunt on Sunday. She is my dad's last surviving sibling. She is the last of 10.
    I will bake some treats to take up to have with her.
    Getting my greenhouse delivered today that I bought myself for my birthday- want to plant it this coming week. Picking up potting soil(already ordered/payed for) on Monday or Tues.
    May plant some with mom but not sure so want to start at home too.

Have a great weekend ladies.
    I will check in this afternoon before I leave but won't be back on until Sunday night or Monday morning(not sure when I am coming home)will depend on how things are going up there. Hopefully the room mate isn't there much or at least stays in the room.
    I really wish mom would ask her to move out.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, soon to be back home in Alexander Valley :smiley: at least for the weekend
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Debbie ~ I have to honestly say I don't understant how you can put up with the cats wetting on your bed and especially not on you. I know you and your husband love them dearly, but, that would change my feelings.

Mary ~ Congrts on your weight loss. Good advice you and others are giving Annie.

Vicki ~ I know you are a blessing to your church community. You seem to always be there for those in need.

Carol in GA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Annie ... I am a daily "weigher" too and have found that using an app that keeps track of trends helps keep the fluctuations in perspective.. A free one that I've used (you can purchase premium but I've never seen the need) is Happy Scale (https://happyscale.com). You might enjoy something like this.

Beth
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Yes Carmine takes lessons for guitar every Thursday
    At the tech High school the first quarter you go through all the shops to see which one that you think will fit you. And Carmine picked carpentry, even came down to mom and dads room crying he was so happy that he got it
    Now a whole different ball game..
    No school today,staggered downstairs and woke his brother up to get a bagel and go back up to his room.
    u05fmhj132d2.jpg
    Tracy took Miles outside this afternoon to play.. got him those sneakers at the consignment shop.. he thinks he is big stuff now lol
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!

Can't believe when things come up that I feel like I HAVE TO DO at work on the first days of break, but gosh it feels good to get them done. Now I am NOT looking at email all next week!

Have a great weekend!

31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life...OKAY!
    Thanks for the April list Rita!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ I have to honestly say I don't understant how you can put up with the cats wetting on your bed and especially not on you. I know you and your husband love them dearly, but, that would change my feelings.

Mary ~ Congrts on your weight loss. Good advice you and others are giving Annie.

Vicki ~ I know you are a blessing to your church community. You seem to always be there for those in need.

Carol in GA

if this cat wasn't so old and little, and it not being winter(with it raining almost daily)
    she would be outside like one of the others. She used to be an outside,feral cat for many years. A neighbor told dh that he planned on catching her and our one outside cat and take them to the shelter because he hated cats. He knew they belonged here, so dh brought her in.
    This is something newer with her. She is good for a long time then she starts it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- *let Lucy walk for a mile, then went in the stroller*, 1hr 54min 56sec, 127elev, 3.13ap, 84ahr, 107mhr, 6.11mi= 606c
    Strava app = 748c
    Other- last of grout work on master bathroom shower, 1st session 58.43min= 271c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 38.51min, 558elev, 112aw, 15.9amph, 105ahr, 117mhr, 28gear, 10.27mi= 271c
    Zwift stats- 38.56min, 558elev, 112aw, 53arpm, 15.87amph, 10.3mi= 252c
    Other- finish grout work in shower- 13.38min, = 61c

Total cal 1183