Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Options
1234568ยป

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

So the past few months my depression took over... but I'm lucky to have met some lovely friends online who have helped me. I've started using my fitbit again and I've made my own Facebook page and YouTube channel of me exercising (in virtual reality) by playing beat saber. It's a great workout and there's songs which are called 'fitbeat' which is for exercising too. I'm loving playing beat saber again and I'm very sore from hours of beat saber ๐Ÿ˜ Please follow my journey below. Get fit with me! Thank you โค๏ธ

https://youtube.com/@VRoz1701

https://www.facebook.com/VRozzz
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

172.8 today!!! Wow, exciting! Also shark week, so glad waiting on that is over.

The baby trees are in the ground, can't wait to see how they go. Yesterday I was having ear issues, so I went to a walk-in clinic. No ear infection (yet), so the doc told me to take some otc stuff and she put in an order for antibiotics if the otc stuff isn't working in 3-4 days. Which is good and so practical, I'm very happy with that solution. The other thing that happened was- I finally had an after-care sheet that said I wasn't obese weight! (It did say that in like, the medical history part of it, but not the main thing!)

Today is poles and splits class, I'm looking forward to both. I haven't been to the gym since Saturday, and that feels like forever ago. And tomorrow's Friday! And my house is clean! These are all Good Things.

So work, errands, make dinner (frozen chicken pot pie, lol), check on the baby trees, go to the gym, come home, sleep, and then FRIDAY. I only hope I can keep this weigh in or something close to it for Saturday. We'll see.

@serenecompassion2663 walking in a lazy river sounds really great and relaxing. I hope you decide to start water aerobics soon, I know @KeriA had a lot of fun doing that.

oop, missed some in my posting! ETA

@pamperedlinny red clay is the WORST, lol. I've got Whatsisface's family in SC, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

@roz0810 !!!!! Hi Roz!!!! Welcome back! Beat Saber looks like so much fun, when I get home I'll definitely subscribe.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you โค๏ธ @CupcakeCrusoe it's very fun. I'm on rest day because I'm so sore from it hehe.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    @serenecompassion2663 - I like the sound of walking against the water current. Where do you do that? That would be really good for my hip I think. I'm taking Mounjaro and it is a different mindset (and such a relief) to be able to stop eating when I've had enough.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

173.2 today, which is fine. Last day of the month, actually, so let's make it official:

Christina
    34 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 3/1: 175 (176 average)
    3/4: 174.8 (175.5 average)
    3/11: 173.6 (175 average)
    3/18: 174.4 (174.8 average)
    3/25: 174 (174.4 average)
    3/31: 173.2 (174.2 average)

๐Ÿ€ March Goals! ๐Ÿ€

๐Ÿ€ March GW (average): 174 โŒ got real close, though - 174.2!

๐Ÿ’šLog everything in grams โœ…
    ๐Ÿ’šDo at least three fitness classes a week โœ…
    ๐Ÿ’š80 -100g protein every day โœ…
    ๐Ÿ’šNo doomscrolling after 7PM each night โœ…
    ๐Ÿ’šAt least 64oz of water a day โœ…

Not bad! As I get closer to goal weight, weight loss is going to be slower (and I was only going for .5 lb/week anyway), so this 1.8 lb reduction in average weight for this month is fine by me.

I'll be honest- I did not want to go to the gym by the end of my workday yesterday. I wanted to stay home and rest. But, because the time to cancel on the classes had already passed, and if I wanted to cancel after that, I'd be charged (unless I was sick, which I wasn't), I went anyway. And after I got there, I was glad I went. I got a good workout, was challenged to do some new things, and worked on my splits (now looking toward hitting the block in a different, lower, orientation). And everyone was happy to see me, and the girls there are so great. I got a hug before I left and everyone told me goodnight and to get home safe. I love my gym. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Last night was super cold, almost freezing, so I hope the baby trees are going to be okay today. I hate March.

Food for today: same as all week, overnight oats with figs and goat cheese, fajita chicken salad, and for dinner, I'll either have chili and a pizza muffin or a low-calorie pizza made with those low-calorie tortillas, with beer with Whatsisface and enough calories for a dessert. We'll see.

April has our big trip in it, and I'll probably eat close to if not maintenance calories for the trip, going to eat some good food and I'm excited about it.

Have a great day, everyone, and I'll see you in the April thread!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Do we have a April thread yet? If so I missed it!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @swimmom_1 Hey. I haven't made one yet, but I will when I get home tonight.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    SW: 288.8 (February 2022)
    CW: 219.6

2/27- 219.6
    3/6- 217.0 (-2.6)
    3/13- 218.4 (+1.4)
    3/20- 217.8 (-0.6)
    3/27- 215.4 (-2.4)
    Total for March= -4.2

Goals for March:
    โฌ‡๏ธ lose 2-3 pounds
    ๐Ÿ’ช do PT exercises 3 times a week
    ๐Ÿฅ› try a new healthy shake recipe
    ๐Ÿคฉ do something fun with my nephews during their spring break
    ๐Ÿ“š read 3+ books
    ๐Ÿ“– keep up with daily Bible reading

Iโ€™m keeping up with PT exercises. So far Iโ€™ve read six books now and may finish a seventh for the month tonight. Iโ€™m still a bit behind with daily Bible reading. My nephews and I watched a new season of a show weโ€™ve been watching the last 2-3 years and then today we watched a movie together. I rescheduled one of my appointments to reduce stress this week and am glad I did. Overall Iโ€™m happy with the progress Iโ€™ve made this month.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œHello, ladies.

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum:

๐ŸŒปWomen 200lb+, Let's Astound Ourselves This April!!!๐ŸŒป

Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887768/women-200lb-lets-astound-ourselves-this-april#latest

See you over there! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

• mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Going to go to April thread, so wrapping up my March posts by looking at how I did with my March goals:

1. Log in things I eat shortly after if possible - was a lot more mindful in doing this, definitely improved
    2. Re-direct myself to the millions of productive things I have to/can do when I want to eat out of boredom, anxiety, etc- I can do better with this
    3. Focus on exercise as medicine/enjoyment/cleansing/empowerment instead of just how it can change my appearance - improved
    4. Not eat in the middle of the night- reduced my night eating, but still doing it probably 50% of the time. I can write this in my food diary notes for sure to have better track