Weight gain after depression

Options
Hi everyone! I’m happy to be apart of a community. I’m looking for friends and accountability partners. I’m currently at 127 with a goal weight of 145. I was depressed and lost weight fast from loss of appetite and it’s been hard getting the weight back. I downloaded the app to track my calories but haven’t explored it as much as I should. So here goes!

Replies

• BadBimmer
    BadBimmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Mindset is everything. Consistency is key.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    For me, the antidepressant Remeron was an incredible appetite stimulant. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't trying to gain weight. I thought I was overeating first due to stress, and then due to a major surgery, and my medical professionals agreed that it was likely due to the surgery. Then I read here on the MFP forums about Remeron increasing appetite, and did a little more research, then discussed with my doctor. I was very sad to stop taking it, as I got the best sleep I'd had in 20 years, but the appetite side effect was unacceptable to me. Might be something for you to consider though.

Otherwise, go for calorie dense foods. Fats have 9 calories per gram as opposed to carb and protein's 4 calories per gram, so bring on the butter, oil, nuts, nut butter, cheese, etc.