Hello!

Options
I've never introduced myself to the community!
I'm 42 I workout regularly and I love to cook,bake,and eat!
Recently was told I have hashimotos thyroiditis hypothyroidism. I understand it's because I wasn't nourishing my body as I was starting my workout routine 4 years back. I was working out very hard lots of cardio: 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 min or more of calisthenics. Then an hour walk every night. Not consuming enough calories. I assume the rapid weight loss has damaged my thyroid. Although I am not sure if I had a problem before hand.
The doctor says to cut out a few things one is gluten.
Now im including weight lifting and I eat more.

More recently I had back problems as I lifted a heavy box that was a gift for Christmas. Went to the ER found that I had a bulging disc in my lower back. And also was told I have arthritis in the same area. Boo ooooooooo!
It set me back 3 months! Starting December 14. My back is almost healed and I've started working out again for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

My birthday is coming up in June!

I'm new to the message board!

I have been using myfitnesspal for a long while
I enjoy being able to keep track of my habits in order to understand myself
also to improve them
Tagged:

Replies

• dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like:)
  • KayReed2
    KayReed2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am stuggling to gain weight to ,im 73 years young and also have back problems
  • ___Wendy___
    ___Wendy___ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whole milk! Cream! Dairy is a weight gainer! Potato Rice Nuts
    A chocolate malt a day may increase your weight gain☺️
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Whole milk! Cream! Dairy is a weight gainer! Potato Rice Nuts
    A chocolate malt a day may increase your weight gain☺️

don't forget peanut butter!

___Wendy___ - how's your back?
  • Ayaank21
    Ayaank21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What your doing is good but also remember if your recovering from a injury to focus on your meals, more so add more protein, chicken steak have lots of iron and vitamins that can help nourish your body, furthermore the fact that your pushing yourself throughout so many challenges shows that you are dedicated so keep pushing yourself.