Noob here -

Options
Hey everyone! I don't expect anyone to read this but if you make it to the end thank you, and if you comment it is just further motivation. I have decided to try loosing weight again, and this time I am wanting to become more involved and focus on this goal as seriously as I take my job, and academics. So I decided to set a goal weight loss of 20 lbs by June first. Overall I want to be at healthy weight which is 150 for my height but I want to focus on 20lbs right now. I currently weigh 315lbs, and I work at a desk job and take online classes. I also love gaming. So with all this sitting I have realized I have come to the point where this just going to be my life from now on and develop health issues, or I can do something about it. My weight gain started in 2019 when I went from 215lbs, weight lifting, and jogging at least 1.5 miles twice a day, and being on my feet to a desk job. I also met my husband who is blessed with high metabolism, got me back into playing video games and sitting around watching movies instead me going out and hiking or hitting the gym. I am just so tired of feeling like I prisoner in my own body. I need this and want this. I want to post again. I plan on walking and lifting. I also did a little boxing to stay in shape back then, I enjoyed but no nothing about it.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,847 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums, and hope you continue to post as you make progress, have questions, etc.

Not all video games involve sitting still while playing. Have you tried the Beat Sabre? My daughter is exhausted after just a few rounds. And from what I've heard, Wii Boxing is a legit workout.