Dealing with weight gain

Options
I’ve lost quite a bit of weight since I’ve started my journey but recently I’ve gained some back. I’ve been strength training so I try to blame some of it on muscle gains but due to some recent changes in my life I’ve been putting off my workouts. I want to get back to it. I would input every calorie almost obsessively into the app but now I don’t sometimes I’ll just log breakfast and give up through the day. I’m posting this so I can hold myself accountable. I was so close to my initial goal and I messed it all up. This time I want to reach my goal.

Replies

• dulce_picosa
    dulce_picosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing, logging a few things and then saying whatever for the rest of the day. I think having weight loss buddies will help as well. Will send you an add :smile:
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,276 Member
    Options
    I wish you well on your renewed self-accountability. Personally I don't add meals as I eat them; I add all my meals at once, first thing in the morning, for what I have planned to eat that day. Helps me to know if I have calories left over or are over calories, if my protein level is good enough, etc. Right before bed I check again and adjust numbers as needed to match reality...did I really eat two burgers, or did I stop at one and a half? Did I refill my glass?

By logging food in this way, I only spend maybe 5 minutes total in the day logging, so it doesn't feel like an onerous chore. Doesn't work for everybody, but does for me.