Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 219

Options

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,352 Member
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    @fmfdfa2020 Thanks for your comments. I love breakfast, and try to make sure I get plenty of protein in the morning because I know it helps, so skipping it isn’t my first choice. I would like to eat dinner later (7ish) but DH is very much a 5 o’clock guy, so we’ve always eaten then. I’ve thought about making lunch very small, because I’m not usually very hungry then and I could use the calories later. I think I eat a “decent” lunch mostly out of habit. I also think my urge to snack is tied to other non-food life things that I need to get a grip on. That isn’t any easier than losing weight! But it’s nice to have this supportive group, and I appreciate your ideas. I could happily go to bed early and read! Or maybe I should go to my office and write (I write mysteries, btw 😁).

@SheilaBoneham I do remember you saying you write mysteries, and I think about dogs?? I LOVE mysteries. I'll have to check out what you've written. Do you write under your name?

Yes, I have written mysteries, and nonfiction about dogs and cats. I’ve been on hiatus for a bit and my mystery publisher went out of business, so my mysteries are out of print. That said, used copies are sometimes available on Amazon, and some libraries have them. I do write under my own name, with my middle name - Webster. Weirdly, searches sometimes don’t work with all three. It’s a mystery! I am working, finally, on something new.

WOB (World of Books) have lots of your second hand books available. I often use this website both for books for myself and my little DGC if I want a specific book, prices are very reasonable and postage is free in the UK.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    @fmfdfa2020 Thanks for your comments. I love breakfast, and try to make sure I get plenty of protein in the morning because I know it helps, so skipping it isn’t my first choice. I would like to eat dinner later (7ish) but DH is very much a 5 o’clock guy, so we’ve always eaten then. I’ve thought about making lunch very small, because I’m not usually very hungry then and I could use the calories later. I think I eat a “decent” lunch mostly out of habit. I also think my urge to snack is tied to other non-food life things that I need to get a grip on. That isn’t any easier than losing weight! But it’s nice to have this supportive group, and I appreciate your ideas. I could happily go to bed early and read! Or maybe I should go to my office and write (I write mysteries, btw 😁).

@SheilaBoneham I do remember you saying you write mysteries, and I think about dogs?? I LOVE mysteries. I'll have to check out what you've written. Do you write under your name?

Yes, I have written mysteries, and nonfiction about dogs and cats. I’ve been on hiatus for a bit and my mystery publisher went out of business, so my mysteries are out of print. That said, used copies are sometimes available on Amazon, and some libraries have them. I do write under my own name, with my middle name - Webster. Weirdly, searches sometimes don’t work with all three. It’s a mystery! I am working, finally, on something new.

WOB (World of Books) have lots of your second hand books available. I often use this website both for books for myself and my little DGC if I want a specific book, prices are very reasonable and postage is free in the UK.

@musicsax Thats fun to hear! Thank you for the pick-me-up!