Women 200lb+, Let's Astound Ourselves This April!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh day!

Christina
    34 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 4/1: 173 (174.1 average)
    4/8: vacation!
    4/15: vacation!
    4/22: 172.0 (173.3 average)
    4/29: 172.6 (173.2 average)

🌻 April Goals! 🌻

🌻 April GW (average): 172.5

🟡Log everything in grams ✅
    🟡Do at least three fitness classes a week ✅
    🟡More than 80g protein every day ✅
    🟡No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🟡At least 64oz of water a day ✅

lol.

I reduced my average by .1 of a lb.

lol.

It's fine, I'm good, I'm in no rush. I just think it's really funny.

Dance class last night was amazing, and I'm definitely feeling it today.

Today we clean house and get the kids to little gym, and I'll be outsourcing dinner from Harris Teeter (I love that place) and drinking beer with my husband and relaxing (finally).

@serenecompassion2663 you'll feel so good after you work out! Get you some of those endorphins!

Have a great Saturday, everyone! You know what time it is....

0c23cfh2gnia.png
  • mdmcmillon
    mdmcmillon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone;
    I just realized I didn't say I had VSG surgery when I introduced myself in August. I thought it would be easier to drop the pounds, but it is a tool to keep you from overeating. I have a therapist who has been so encouraging through all of this. I sign to do two 5k; for the first one, I had anxiety and chickened out. I did this last one (I walked most of it). I had the most challenging time trying to get motivated to exercise. After the 5K, I have been exercising again on a regular base, and I love it. I have been doing Step Aerobics mostly and Taebo. I plan to move into Bar exercises, yoga, Band work, swimming, and walking/running. I need to cut my carbs more, but I stay under 1400 calories. I have been off from work since I had surgery on my hand. I am returning on the third. My challenge is to avoid the snacks they sell at the front desk and incorporate exercise into my work schedule. I also need to continue bringing my lunch.

@CupcakeCrusoe, thank you for your kind words. You motivated me to plan a getaway with my friends. Thank you for welcoming me to the group. I hope you have fun catching up with your friends. Have a great weekend! Does weighing in daily help? I tend to obsess, so I weigh in weekly.

@serenecompassion2663, it sounds like you are getting it done! I am considering converting my garage into a studio for crafting and workouts. I currently do everything in my bedroom. My husband complains when my desk for crafts is up. So I need to get my project going—great job in decluttering. I am making myself declutter and putting away things before I return to work. I bet you did enjoy Rent.

@pamperedlinny, how was the book called "The Measure"? I love Zumba, and I admire how you use your time wisely. When my kids were on the soccer field, I should have walked instead of sitting there like a bump on a log.

@badnoodle, congratulations on your weight loss of 40 pounds! The meals you made sound so good. The Arboretum sounds like a beautiful place to walk. They say changing your position to walk or run is essential to keep it interesting.

@sandramarshall200 - Hi, I am Monique, new to the group. Hip surgery is no fun, and losing weight prior probably will make things easier. You will work out plenty when you go through PT and OT. After you get your clearance, you may want to work out in the pool with water aerobics(less strain on the joints). Welcome back, and I hope to see you on the community page soon.

Well, I will have a boiled egg and oatmeal this am. I wish you all a wonderful day. My golden retriever Rose is ready to come in and follow me around.
    I look forward to hearing about your weekend, everyone. Be safe in everything you do.

• serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    I actually went out and walked a mile to Dollar General and my favorite resale shop.
    Will be picking up a heavy duty cleaner for my kitchen cabinets and treating myself to a necklace next week. Also found a casual button down shirt to use as a cover-up for my spaghetti strap camis when it gets hot.

Andi in Illinois
  • mdmcmillon
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. I did some planning for future exercises. I did an old favorite yesterday, Taebo. I am ordering some weighted gloves to do this. I love doing step aerobics too. I plan to run/walk with my dog Rose today and do an abdominal workout and band workout. Soon I can add swimming to my list. Yay! My husband and I planned our vacations for the rest of this year and the beginning of the next. Then last night, he asked if his Mother could come on our trip to Orlando. I told him that would be fine and I would stay home.
    My Mother in law says hurtful things to me, and I feel her constantly judging me. So, I want to stay home with my positive energy. My husband says I didn't go to Atlanta last year with him and his mom. I didn't go when they went to San Francisco, Africa, Mexico, and other places. My husband invited his friends to go to Gatlinburg, and my friend invited us to stay in her timeshare in Hawaii. I asked him if he didn't want to vacation alone with me anymore. We went alone on vacation in 2021. I loved it. He said that he is more family oriented. I know that my son will not go to Orlando if my Mother in law goes as well. My daughter can't go until she gets her life in order. Since his mom is in her 80's, I think he should go with her. My best friend's mom died this week, and life is too short. Sorry for the book; I just needed to vent.

@CupcakeCrusoe- I wish I could get motivated for Spring Cleaning. I have been tackling projects one by one. Saturday evening looks excellent. Relaxing with your husband and hopefully getting the kids down early.

@serenecompassion2663 - Great idea to have a dangling carrot to motivate exercise and retail therapy. A cute top for the summer and a promise of a new necklace for next week's walk. Not a bad haul.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Monique. You seem so fair. I think maybe you and hubby need a conversation about holidays, maybe agree to every other break being for couples. If he wants you to spend time with his mother he needs to explain to her that saying hurtful things to you is not ok. We are desperate to be empty nesters, so guard our holidays jealously. We have nothing booked beyond next weekend at the coast , visiting our daughter. I have been really hungry today even right after meals. I may have to have a banana.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies!!!

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum. Hope to see you there:

💜Women 200lb+, Let's Have a Magical May!!!💜

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889731/women-200lb-lets-have-a-magical-may#latest
  • mdmcmillon
    Options
    Hello everyone, Just a quick note to say hello. I was MIA due to my seven-day twelve-hour night stretch. I managed to exercise and stay current on my eating and macros. I had one drop in my blood sugar while drawing labs on a baby. So, I gave her meds and checked my glucose level. I was down to 62. So I drank apple juice and ate some graham crackers and peanut butter. Then I was less shaky and was able to care for my patients. I ate ice cream last night for nurses' week. It was good, but I need to get back on track tomorrow. Welcome to the new and everyone else; I wish you well.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, @mdmcmillon and welcome back! Everyone is over in the May thread. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889731/women-200lb-lets-have-a-magical-may

congrats on staying on target, working like that! that's quite the accomplishment.