Fasting Check-in for Whomever Whenever!

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    Only the second day of June and I hope everyone is having a great start to the month so far!

I've been 18/6 fasting these past two days. I'll get a longer one in, hopefully, mid next week but I'm taking it easy for now. I am moving more and staying within calorie goal range. I feel optimistic...my little vacation is less than 3 weeks away, first one I've been on in almost two years.
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Happy Dancing in Oregon
    Finally the scales are below 130 💃 🤸‍♂️ 🥳 👏 💃 🤸‍♂️ 🥳 👏
    It’s day 5, doing the 12-hour IF
    AND it's keeping me out of the kitchen

Karen
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @LoveyChar Exciting! We have a vaca coming up end of June (mini one) and a 2 week vaca in Sept so the motivation is real for me too! You got this.

@200Karen Yay!!! for reaching a milestone! Hopefully I’ll be there soon. I think you’ll find this WOL a relief since it keeps your mind off food and your body out of the kitchen when you’re not in your eating window. Makes a big difference for me.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Hope you’re doing okay, all things considered. Try to move what you can and stay on track and your progress will make all the difference in the near future. But, at the same time, you’re going through a lot so definitely give yourself some grace too 😊

I’m weighing in Monday so I need to be mindful this weekend. I’m also starting a mutual IF/Fast schedule with a coworker and we have a little weight loss competition going (winner gets $100) so this should be an interesting month! We did it a couple years ago and had a lot of fun and both did really well so I’m looking forward to a little friendly competition.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ddsb1111 I am planning on using my home gym 5 days a week for 30 minutes ... my eating and IF is on plan ... with the help of my daughter we will meal prep each Sunday
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    New week, still a new month, and a full moon tonight. Fasting as long as I can today, usually sets my week off better if Sunday starts on track. Feeling optimistic and won't lose 10 pounds before vacation but there's a chance I might be under 120 and that would still make me happy. With clothes on this morning, I weighed 123, lost a couple. I'll take it and progress.

So... Happy fasting, if anyone is fasting today. Even better, happy breaking fast if anyone is doing that as well.
  • 200Karen
    Options
    @ddsb1111
    thanks for the warm welcome and uplifting posts
    I am enjoying the new WOL

Day 8 and feeling strong

💞 Karen
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Thanks @ddsb1111 I am planning on using my home gym 5 days a week for 30 minutes ... my eating and IF is on plan ... with the help of my daughter we will meal prep each Sunday

That’s a really impressive! There’s no way you won’t reach your goal, especially with the support of your daughter. This is really inspiring.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    New week, still a new month, and a full moon tonight. Fasting as long as I can today, usually sets my week off better if Sunday starts on track. Feeling optimistic and won't lose 10 pounds before vacation but there's a chance I might be under 120 and that would still make me happy. With clothes on this morning, I weighed 123, lost a couple. I'll take it and progress.

So... Happy fasting, if anyone is fasting today. Even better, happy breaking fast if anyone is doing that as well.

Exactly! I’ve always loved new weeks and months to have a fresh start. I hope you had a great fast day. You’re going to feel amazing on your vacation, those clothes and the time of day you weighed are pretty close to adding 3lbs if not more.
  • ddsb1111
    edited June 2023
    Options
    200Karen wrote: »
    Good morning
    I’m still feeling great with my 12/12 IF

JUNE: 9 days completed
    Monday WI: 128.6
    Goal WI: 120

Starting Wednesday, I’ll be on 6-day vacation and I’m determined to continue my IF success.

Best wishes
    Karen

This is awesome, I’m glad you’re doing so well. You should be proud of the 9 days completed that’s impressive! Enjoy your vacation and let us know how it went.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @200Karen Have a great time!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Fasting today and have quite a bit to keep me busy so I think it’ll be a quick and painless one. Looking forward to it actually! Always feel much better when I can take a little break from thinking and eating food and the debloating isn’t bad either.

Have a great day and weekend!
  • 200Karen
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon
    My vacation went ok with only a minimal weight gain.
    I did take a break from tracking and fasting

@ddsb1111 Yes it is amazing how quickly the hunger subsides

@LoveyChar thanks for the vacation well wishes

I've restarted my IF, building from 12/12 to 14/10
    And still feeling great

IF for JUNE: 13 days completed
    Wednesday WI: 129.0
    Goal WI: 120

Best wishes
    Karen

• ddsb1111
    Options
    Hi y’all! Work has been a killer the past couple of weeks but it will be winding down here soon fortunately. I’ve managed to do 2.5 fast days last week and this week I had a small window on Sunday and yesterday so not too bad! I’m feeling better, just finding a good rhythm and ready to smash this last 9 lbs!

AM weigh in: 133
    Goal: 124

I’ll do another weight check on Monday to set that downward trend.

Ciao and have a great day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

That’s a really impressive! There’s no way you won’t reach your goal, especially with the support of your daughter. This is really inspiring.

I have not used my home gym ( I am terrified of getting more hurt) ...I will be having a 5th foot/leg surgery on 7/7 I really hope this is my last
  • ddsb1111
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So, funny thing just happened. Since I got married 4 years ago I’ve gained around 10 lbs give or take the day. I think about it often just because my clothes don’t fit right, but my husband has never mentioned any weight gain on his end. Today he yells from the bathroom- hey! Guess how much I weigh!? I’m like, ugh I don’t know… 158? 160? Side note- He was like 145 when we got married so super lean. He said, No!!! I’m 168! What happened?! Hahaha, so apparently we are in the same boat, in shock, and ready to get back to our best. This is awesome because it makes being able to focus and eat better much easier and we always love a little friendly competition. So now I’ve got a partner in crime to nail this, I’m so excited!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Monday weigh in: 131.6
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good 4th. My husbands birthday was the next day so it was back to back celebrations. I did great on the 4th but my husband insisted we have a cheat day and go out for lunch and dinner on his b-day. I get it, no big deal, just back on target today.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Starting weight July 1: 134
    Last Monday’s weigh in: 131.6
    Todays Monday weigh in: 129.8 !!!!

Down 4.2lbs. Probably about 3 lbs of water weight initially and the rest actual weight.

Ahhhh! It feels so good seeing the results from all the work I’ve been putting in. Still going strong. It feels good to see the 20’s again. I know it doesn’t take much to bump me over the line again but I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing since the 1st of the month and the result will come. Pretty elated to have my mental and physical self lining up. That’s been my struggle since January! Big win.
  • 200Karen
    Options
    I'm now continuously IF 14-hours+ and feeling great
    And my blood sugars are doing fine

My weight is below 130 and holding
    Today's weigh in was 127.4
    Goal 120

@ddsb111 that's fantastic your partner is joining in the health journey

• ddsb1111
    Options
    200Karen wrote: »
    I'm now continuously IF 14-hours+ and feeling great
    And my blood sugars are doing fine

My weight is below 130 and holding
    Today's weigh in was 127.4
    Goal 120

@ddsb111 that's fantastic your partner is joining in the health journey

Whoohoo! That looks like an all time low so far, you’re crushing it!