Replies

• 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    ✅ Weigh-In
    July
    01: 128.4
    17: 125.8 feeling great about this week’s loss

Intermittent Fasting 12-15 hour, is working for me. I’m not as hungry between meals or at night. The night time hunger twinges are only for a moment. 👍

@ddsb111 thanks for the encouragement
    I'm packing for another family vacation
    Home next Tuesday. And with the help of IF, I'm planning on a quick rebound to my normal weight

Enjoy your week,
    Karen
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    TOM weigh in: 130.4. So I’m guessing I’ll be closer to 128 or so when I’m done! Moving in the right direction. Also, side note, I noticed I wasn’t as hungry, bloated, and irritable the week before. Not sure why but overall I’m feeling empowered, in control, and super motivated to keep going. Also, for the most part, my IF routine now is OMAD, plain and simple. Takes the guesswork out of everything for me and I’m much less tired this way.

Wow Karen you’re on a roll. You’re so close to goal! If I am truly down to 128 which remains to be seen I’ll also be in the 5lb or less club. IF has completely changed my ability to focus on life instead of calories and meal times and stick to my calorie goals. Agree with you on the night time cravings that can come but I’ve learned to find a good distraction and go to bed. It’s working out great so far. Have a great vacation!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Weighed in just because: 128.4lbs
    Goal: 123-124 something like that I think.

Had an accidental fast day yesterday. It was one of those works days that ran into the late evening, and I had to finish a big proposal. I was too anxious to eat anyway. Will check back on Monday with the usual weigh in, let’s see if the 128 sticks.

• ddsb1111
    edited July 2023
    Options
    200Karen wrote: »

No way, that’s amazing! Did you continue IF there? Or just mindfully ate?

Thank you! It’s been wobbling between 127-130 so it will be nice to see those number solid for a few weeks and closer to the 123-127 side.
  • ddsb1111
    edited July 2023
    Options
    200Karen wrote: »

Also- I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! Your family looks so happy, especially you (if that’s you in the last pic).
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ... I apologize for not checking in lately ... I suffer from kidney stones so I have been in bed a lot ... Still doing keto and still doing IF ... I have been eating very little due to the pain so I haven't been able to submit my diary ... I think this 5th foot surgery is going to be a success ... the pain is bearable :) I hope everyone is doing good :)
  • imaginemary
    imaginemary Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I’m on my 2nd month on IF 16/8 7 days a week doing sort of clean keto with blah results so far or actually it worked rather well until a week long trip knocked me off the path and I gained. Reading posts here I see new ideas and will see if an OMAD and a red day mixed in will restart my ketosis. Also not doing my strictest macro percentages which in the past (2019) were as low as 5% carb so of course that’s a really big problem — maybe the only real issue — but can’t hack dirty Keto or meat so aiming for 15%. I will keep trying new ideas and take the macros seriously.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Hi Everyone ... I apologize for not checking in lately ... I suffer from kidney stones so I have been in bed a lot ... Still doing keto and still doing IF ... I have been eating very little due to the pain so I haven't been able to submit my diary ... I think this 5th foot surgery is going to be a success ... the pain is bearable :) I hope everyone is doing good :)

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ve heard the worst things about kidney stones, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. I think your next surgery will go great as well, let’s call it a gut feeling. Your vibe is just giving me all the optimistic manifestations:) I’m sorry your in pain and I’m sure you’re anxious to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • ddsb1111
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’m on my 2nd month on IF 16/8 7 days a week doing sort of clean keto with blah results so far or actually it worked rather well until a week long trip knocked me off the path and I gained. Reading posts here I see new ideas and will see if an OMAD and a red day mixed in will restart my ketosis. Also not doing my strictest macro percentages which in the past (2019) were as low as 5% carb so of course that’s a really big problem — maybe the only real issue — but can’t hack dirty Keto or meat so aiming for 15%. I will keep trying new ideas and take the macros seriously.

I’m glad you’re getting some ideas, motivation, and a place to come if you need to share or vent. The best part about IF is that you can create a flex or hybrid plan that works for you. During the Summer I need to be more flexible and the rest of the year I have more of a routine- typically. However, this summer I only have time for OMAD and I’ll likely go back to my 3 days a week (yellow and red fast days) during the school year. We shall see. As long as I reach my goals without really feeling deprived or losing control I’m happy with that.

July 1: 134 (July Challenge Starts!)
    July 8: 130.4
    July 15: 130.6
    July 22: 127.4
    Today: 127.8
    Goal weight July 31: 126
    Ultimate goal weight: 123-124

My husband and I started to really watch our diet and lifestyle together on July 1st with 31 day month goal (The July Challenge!), and we are both exactly 1.8lbs away with 4 days to go. Even if we don’t make it perfectly I feel like we both already won big.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ve heard the worst things about kidney stones, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. I think your next surgery will go great as well, let’s call it a gut feeling. Your vibe is just giving me all the optimistic manifestations:) I’m sorry your in pain and I’m sure you’re anxious to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you .... My 5th foot surgery was on 7/7 .... the pain is bearable ....I have a long road of recovery ahead of me
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Just checking in 😊

Sunday & Monday I have no idea what happened but I couldn’t move. I pretty much slept through both days. Tuesday I started feeling better and made sure I doubled up on calories to improve my energy levels and figured I’d deal with those extra calories later. I eventually realized I was ovulating and thought this might explain water retention and exhaustion but I don’t remember feeling this bad during ovulation before. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, I’m feeling pretty much back to normal apart from the confusion of what the heck happened but hopefully it’s behind me. I think I’ll weigh in tomorrow to see where I am. I should be about 5lbs or less to goal so I’m shooting for that by Aug 30. I’m ready to get there and focus on maintenance and upping activity via tennis and golf.

Have a great day!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    I forgot to post results from our July challenge.

July 1: 134
    Aug 2: 129.6 (missed the day before)
    Loss: 4.4 lbs
    b8ncg5tggqmq.png
    teiyoc97kyav.png
    f1abasdewhdt.png

Here’s the daily(ish) weigh-ins. Tbh, I had to be INCREDIBLY DISCIPLINED for these results. Seriously, wow. I honestly don’t know what I could have done much differently and I’m really proud of the results. It just goes to show you have to fight for every ounce when you get close to goal haha. One more month and we’re there!

Husbands results: 165.2-159.6
    Loss: 5.6lbs

We’re feeling great!
  • ddsb1111
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Aug 2: 129.6lbs
    Aug 9: 128.8lbs
    Hoping for 127.8 by next Wednesday 🤞🏻

Just doing OMAD everyday. We have guests, they got here July 28th and staying until Aug 14th so the ability to focus on diet alone is much less but I’m sticking to a true One Meal A Day (OMAD) consistently at least.

Have a great day!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    TOM is rough sometimes, ugh. I’ve been consistent with OMAD, no problems there. Even leading up to it which is surprising. Usually I’m starving for several days before but I was fine. Then today I had to stay in bed for most of the day, not great. But when I weighed this morning feeling like I was 10 lbs heavier I was shocked to see 127.4! Does that mean I’ll be close to 125 after? Would be nice. Whatever it is of course is fine but I’d be really close to goal which is exciting. I’ve got a trip to Croatia soon so I’d love to have time to make sure my goal weight is solid before I go.
  • ddsb1111
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Friday Aug 18: 126
    Goal: 123/4
    IF method: OMAD

Now that the guests are gone, kids are back in school, TOM over, and starting our routine again, I wanted to check in to see where my weight landed. Happy I’ve reached my lowest weight in a year. This used to be my “heavier” weight when I would tell myself to reel it in, and now I’m just happy to see it again. Much more lenient with my scale weight these days than 5-10 years ago.

• ddsb1111
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Mon Aug 28: 125.2 lbs last I checked.
    Goal by EOM: 125 ( 3 more days)
    OGW: 123/4
    New GW: 120
    Diet: OMAD

My husband and I decided to extend our July challenge to Aug, don’t know if I mentioned that already, and we are right on target. He met his goal yesterday and I’m .2 away but we have 3 days to go and I have to make sure it doesn’t swing in the wrong direction.

We’re going to Croatia in 4 weeks so I made a new goal of 120 lbs. Super ambitious. I’ll see how I feel there. If it’s too much of a daily hassle I’ll increase my weight a little but I’ll just wait and see. We both will have 5 lbs to reach our goal. The entire time we’ve done this challenge we’ve been neck and neck on our loss. I gotta say I’m shocked, I expected guys to lose so much more and so much faster, but we’ve been pretty much neck and neck the entire time.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just had my 6th foot surgery on 8/25.. I have 6 titanium screws in my foot, a plate on the flat side of my ankle and a rod on the other side of my ankle where it goes to my knee ... my old podiatrist was lost so he sent me to his co worker to get a 2nd opinion ..so glad I did ... I am crossing my fingers, eyes and toes that this one will be successful .. still doing keto and still doing IF ...
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Just had my 6th foot surgery on 8/25.. I have 6 titanium screws in my foot, a plate on the flat side of my ankle and a rod on the other side of my ankle where it goes to my knee ... my old podiatrist was lost so he sent me to his co worker to get a 2nd opinion ..so glad I did ... I am crossing my fingers, eyes and toes that this one will be successful .. still doing keto and still doing IF ...

Hi Megan, that sounds pretty extreme but you must need it. Fortunately your doctor had no ego about getting you a second opinion and you feel confident in the procedure. Wishing you a swift recovery and rehab so you can start living your life to the fullest.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

Hi Megan, that sounds pretty extreme but you must need it. Fortunately your doctor had no ego about getting you a second opinion and you feel confident in the procedure. Wishing you a swift recovery and rehab so you can start living your life to the fullest.

Thank you so much ... I am crossing my fingers that this is the last surgery ..I am soooo over it
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Aug 30: 123.6 (woah! Shocked!)
    Goal by EOM: 125
    OGW: 123/124
    New GW: 120
    IF: OMAD

Technically the August Challenge ends tomorrow so I wanted to check where I was this morning to see if I was close to 125 and I beat it by 1.4 lbs!! This is an absolute shock. A few days ago I was retaining water, but apparently I didn’t realize how much (thought it was closer to .5 or something). But, wow I’ll take it. We don’t often get these welcomed surprises in weight loss so I’m just ELATED. Reducing even 250 calories for a 1/2 lb loss a week is already a feat with my low TDEE, and I’ve been really giving everything I have to these challenges (averaging .9lbs a week), so this feels amazing.

After the August Challenge I have two other major milestones:
    1. Get to new GW of 120 by my trip to Croatia (3 weeks away)
    2. Maintain weight by my Birthday Oct 7.

After that, navigating the world of Maintenance indefinitely and increase athletic/health goals.