Hello! It’s me!

Options
Hey peeps. I’m a 45 year old mom who’s been stuck at (around) 240 lbs for the last 6 years. I have had so much trouble putting myself first. There’s always so much I do, do, do for the family and my job. At the end of the day my “reward” is bad food. I need to drop this weight for my health, my sleep, my back, my sanity! I want to learn how to break these bad habits and take care of ME!!

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You’ve come to the right place. Get stuck in reading the sticky threads and reach out if you need advice.
  • avthak
    avthak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just turned 47, in family transition with 3 kids. I live in southwest suburbs of Chicago.
    I have gained over 30lb over the years. I used to better about being active and watching my diet but those were the days of no responsibility. I struggle with working out, making sure I drink enough water, meal planning on my days off, and eating out of boredom or struggling with my emotions.
    The whole spectrum.
    And I very much dislike logging in food esp, how much, though I know it’s important.
    First I would like to start by working out in the mornings on most days, so Looking for an accountability partner to just work out first thing in the morning, virtual or in person.
    Just to start a habit at a time. I feel better when I work out and it has to get done first
    thing otherwise it doesn’t happen- ideally would like to get up at 5:30, and workout 6-6:30 just to get it done before work and my youngest waking up or the middle child needing a ride to school. I don’t go to bed on time and then don’t wake up.
    Working out helps my be calmer, less reactive impulsive, able to focus and feel confident.
    Any how, I would really appreciate the support. Just would like at least one constant supporter in this area if my life.