Proper Human Diet

Options
Read ...Lies my doctor told me, by Dr. KEN BERRY
It will change your life and your relation with food. It is not a diet so much as a way of life.
The benefits my husband and I have gained already are amazing. Overall better health, losing weight, increased energy, improved labs, fewer medications, decreased inflammation and pain, improved mental clarity.
The list goes on..... what did we do??
QUIT EATING THE CARBS!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    Ken? Is that you?

Ha, might very well be :D
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The only human diet to lose more than 70lbs in a year is to eat 2560 Cal a day of which more than 44% and less than 45% are carbs. I have proof too! So I've found the secret. Send money now! Buy the book!

Or maybe not.
    Diet biz is a 60B a year industry.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The only human diet to lose more than 70lbs in a year is to eat 2560 Cal a day of which more than 44% and less than 45% are carbs. I have proof too! So I've found the secret. Send money now! Buy the book!

Or maybe not.
    Diet biz is a 60B a year industry.

That’s why it blows my mind that people got so bent out of shape when MFP started charging for extra services. For heavens sake, you can use it for free and still be successful.

People spend way more on bars, shakes, and the latest fad, and imho MFP is way more successful.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It will change your life and your relation with food. It is not a diet so much as a way of life.
    The benefits my husband and I have gained already are amazing. Overall better health, losing weight, increased energy, improved labs, fewer medications, decreased inflammation and pain, improved mental clarity.
    QUIT EATING THE CARBS!

I'm happy for you and your husband.

I live in Italy and we eat a lot of carbs here---pasta, pizza, breads, pasteries, etc. The population is not obese and most are at a normal weight for their height. Carbs are not the devil. Overeating is.

how wheat is grown and processed in europe is very different than how it is grown and processed in north america and there are lots of studies about how/why carbs don't have the same impact on Europeans. also, italains don't make a pasta a main dish like here in north america
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the increase in obesity has a lot to do with the increase of fast food, ultra processed foods and a decline in the prevalence of home cooking and less about a countries traditional diet, generally speaking. Cheers.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    QUIT EATING THE CARBS!

Yeah, a lower carb diet for the vast majority is by default a whole food diet, so in that respect is much healthier. Also low carb covers a spectrum, which somehow seems to get lost in the conversation, which is par for the course. I'm lower carb for quite a while and I still eat bread, pasta, legumes, beans and other grains periodically, crazy I know lol. Anyway, glad your seeing good results. Cheers.