LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Here is the link for next months thread. (All obsolete/no working references pages deleted)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891507/less-alcohol-june-2023-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. It’s so tough to watch them struggle like that. However, there is such immense beauty to have the privilege of spending those last precious moments together. I’m glad you were able to experience that beauty and closeness, as difficult as it is on the whole.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. Healing thoughts.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @cwolfman13 very inspiring! Love how the clarity of being AF means you’re feeling amazing and crushing your goals!

@joans1976 hope you got some nice rest and cat snuggles this weekend!

The wedding was wonderful, it was a great weekend. I got to spend the day with my family yesterday, which was delightful. Regrouping today in terms of eating and drinking! I bashed my pinkie toe the other night, so I’m taking a break from tennis today to let it heal a little more. Ouchie!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Sunday May 28 - AF - Hit my 16 with days to spare. Glad to not be playing catch up as the end of the month nears. I plan to get more AF days before the month ends.
    Monday May 29 - 2 drinks, not planned, but I am okay with it. Planning AF for tonight.

Rolling total - 16AF day out of 29 days.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 Deepest condolences. The experiences you share in your post, whilst truly heartbreaking, are of genuine courage. To read that you were fully there with your father, is beautiful.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I have been partaking in this LA thread since June of ‘22 and it has made such a huge difference in my life. I have met some very kind and smart people on here and hope to continue to be 99% AF.

Thinking of May goals overwhelms me, there’s so much to do, so I’m just going to keep it simple:
    99% AF
    Weight loss of 4-5 pounds
    Get moving

5/1-5/31- 100% AF

I guess I’m one of those people who can’t moderate (?) It’s very strange, I have been 95% AF since June of 22 (coming up on a year! Has it been a whole year?!?) and still don’t really have my alcohol style figured out. I’m grateful I am not an every day drinker like I once was but if I was on a beach I would definitely want something with A in my hand.

I lost 4.3 pounds this month but it was hard won. I’ll take it but I would like to speed up the rate of loss a bit.

I have a little bit of time off next week and the following (Narcissa is getting certified in acupuncture and going to Disney-oh joy) and I have my resume all polished up! Ready to hit send!

On to June!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 My deepest sympathies. I’m so proud of you and your dad. I admire you as a person. Sending virtual hugs!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Sunday May 28 - AF - Hit my 16 with days to spare. Glad to not be playing catch up as the end of the month nears. I plan to get more AF days before the month ends.
    Monday May 29 - 2 drinks, not planned, but I am okay with it. Planning AF for tonight.
    Tuesday May 30 - AF - Planning for AF tonight also.

Rolling total - 17AF day out of 30 days.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Goals for May
    Self-care and positive vibes!
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night.

Current Streak - AF = 1 ~
    I'm ready to wrap up May and move on to June.

@Sinisterbarbie1 ~ I am very sad to hear of the loss of your father. I am glad that you could be 100% present in the experience, even as painful as I'm sure it was. My condolences to you and your family. I understand the grief process having lost many close family members including my parents. I remember doing "normal" things and looking at people and in my head screaming... "Don't you realize my Mom just died". I won't say that it get's better over time, but it does get different. Thank you for sharing with us.

The Month recap to stay accountable
    5/1 AF ~ Yipee! 💚 - Finished April with 3 days straight AF! I changed a lot of things in the past couple of weeks - I'm not sure which one is working or if it's the combination. I lost 9lbs in April. I can't tell you the last time that happened. :heart: April 1 to April 15 - 3lbs, April 16 to April 30 - 6 lbs!!!

5/2 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷'eh. 1:1 for May but did string a few days in a row. I plan to be AF today and Thursday. Friday is Cinco de Mayo and my husband is already talking about Mexican so there might be a margarita or two.

5/3 AF ~ Yippee! 💚There's this window when I get home from work. About 30 minutes after my arrival for about an hour... If I get past that point, I'm usually ok. When there's nothing really stressing me, then it seems to be just habit for me.

5/4 AF ~ Yippee 💚 Today is Cinco De Mayo. Husband wants Mexican food and Margaritas. 😲😮🤭. I've already plugged planned food/drink into MFP and its going to be a tough one but I'm going to try to stay at my calorie budget. I have a salad planned for lunch which comes in at 300 calories. That leaves me plenty of room for a (one) margarita and a chicken taco meal. That leaves me with 45 calories to spare. Oops, forgot the chips and guacamole. 🤞🏽 I think I will go for an extra walk at lunch today!🙂

5/5 A ~🍸🍸🍸
    5/6 A ~🍸🍸🍸
    5/7 A ~ 🍷🍷
    5/8 A ~🍷🍷 Need to get back on track today after a long, fun weekend full of drinks and food! Friday was Cinco de Mayo. Tried hard to make those calories fit within budget and have only 1 margarita #fail. Went to the Zoo on Saturday and walked around for 4 + hours with family (Grandson). It was a cool, wet and rainy day so the animals were VERY active. Usually they are just lying around asleep. After all that walking, we stopped at the Granite City Brewery. Had a burger to die for and a glass of wine. Came home to watch the Kentucky Derby and had a few cocktails. Sunday was back to a "normal" kind of day. Spent the morning cutting bushes and pulling weeds, then relaxed in the evening cooking on the grill (it was beautiful outside) and a couple glasses of wine. Today should be AF for sure and back on calorie budget! Update: Calories ok, but had wine.

5/9 A ~ 🍷🍷Long day yesterday. Husband had knee replacement surgery and I didn't plan very well for "me". Was hungry most of the day, only remedied by snacks. Couldn't bring outside food into the waiting room and they only had snacks and I didn't want to leave the area in case their were updates.

5/10 A ~🍷🍷 Another long day yesterday. The hospital is 1.5 hours away from home (he wanted a specific doctor) so another 3+ hours driving and they kept him another night. I did better with food choices but still over budget. The "all or none" in me is looking at a Sunday reset.

5/11 A ~🍷🍷🍷Yet another long day. So about 6 years ago, I use to commute to work 90 minutes each way, 5 days a week. After making a similar drive for three days in a row, I don't know how I managed. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do....
    It was a stressful day. Husband was released🙂 but really not mobile at all. He "sort of" fell while getting into the car. I say "sort of" as the car broke his fall, he ended up sitting on the car floor. Someone eventually came out to help get him in the seat. We drove home. Took him over an hour to get from the car to inside the house. Once inside, he "thought" he was going to climb the 15 stairs to get to our bedroom. I said, nope, nadda, not going to happen. I said pick a couch or you can sleep in the recliner in the TV room and "maybe" we will try again tomorrow.
    Then I cooked dinner and had wine!! Today I'm making him walk through the house every 60 to 90 minutes.

5/12 A ~🍷🍷🍷

5/13 A ~🍷🍷🍷

5/14 A ~🍷🍷🍷Mother's Day. I splurged with cheese and crackers and a chocolate flavored wine. Now it's time to get back on the plan - both for eating and drinking. I did make this instant pot pepper steak for dinner yesterday. It was actually pretty good and serving was under 350 calories, then add rice. I was going to serve over cauliflower rice, next time.

5/15 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷

5/16 AF ~ Yippee 💚
    5/16 A ~ I thought the mind game prediction would help. It didn't. I'm going to start wearing ear buds when I get home. It's now been a full week since my husband's surgery. I don't discount that he has pain but the yelling is driving me nuts. Each time he yells, and he yells a lot, I panic and think that he's fallen or something. Somehow, I'm thinking, when I'm at work and he's alone, he's not screaming bloody murder. #andthistooshallpass. I am going to focus on being AF tonight, screams or no screams. I want to balance this month out.

5/17 AF ~ Yippee 💚 Success! Yesterday was good. Within calorie range, still a little short on water, but no alcohol! But, although a great day all around, the scale didn't show it and in fact, showed a gain. That was a little frustrating this morning ..... Gotta turn this ship around!!

So what did I do..went to Amazon and bought a new scale! (I did but not solely for that reason). I found one that tracks more metrics and I also bought a digital tape measure (I love gadgets). Keeping the focus!

5/18 AF ~ Yippee 💚 Happy with AF day but still frustrated with the scale. It was another good day. Got my water in (65oz), went for an additional 40 minute walk at lunch (16,653 steps for the day). Slightly over on calorie count but it was my low calorie day. Target 1050 - came in at 1326 (still good as far as I'm concerned). I am going to start tracking measurements so see if there's any changes elsewhere to help boost my morale!

5/19 AF ~ Yippee 💚 Three day streak -

5/20 ~ 🍷🍷🍷 Made it 3 AF 💚💚💚in a row, then planned to drink yesterday. No plans to drink today through Thursday (we shall see how it goes). Feeling pretty positive for the week on deck.

5/21 ~🍷🍷
    5/22 ~🍷🍷
    5/23 ~🍷🍷
    5/24 ~🍷🍷
    5/25 ~ 🍷🍷The scale kept playing the yo/yo game with me and left me frustrated. My thoughts were if I'm not going to see great progress and it's going to be "this" slow, I might as well factor in my wine. So i did. I didn't say my thoughts were rational. My goal is to get through this weekend without a gain and then regroup next week after the holiday. Target Tuesday AF again.

5/26 ~🍷🍷
    5/27 ~🍷🍷
    5/28 ~🍷🍷
    5/29 ~🍷🍷
    5/30 ~🍷🍷
    5/31 AF ~ Yippee 💚 - Planned for today - ready to kick start June
    My 2023 Stats...
    Current Month
    AF = 7
    A = 24
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 My sympathies to you for your loss <3 I'm very proud of you for staying AF during all of these horrible times.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Tuesday May 30 - AF - Planning for AF tonight also.
    Wednesday May 31 - AF - 18 for the month, happy with that.

Rolling total - 18AF day out of 31 days.