LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @itladyee Here's hoping for a quick recovery! No doubt the process will be a lot better with you there by their side. :) Thank you for the kind words also!

@Hopeful0087 Good luck with whatever you decide to do, I hope things work out and you find yourself in a better place.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    So far for May: 9 AF, 5 A

08/05, M - A
    09/05, T - AF
    10/05, W - AF
    11/05, T - A
    12/05, F - AF
    13/05, S - AF
    14/05, S - AF

I am seeing improvements when I stick to 1 spirit unit per drink, but with my drinking sessions I am feeling like Father Dougal McGuire in that Speed 3 episode of Father Ted, where if his milk float exceeds 4 miles per hour, bad things will happen.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1

Thank you for the Bibbs update : - )
    I enjoyed the photo and story behind it immensely!

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days in April.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Saturday May 13 - AF - They have wine, beer, and coolers at the theatre, and you can take them to your seat. The play was really good, the intermission conversations were good. Did I want to join all of my friends in drinks? Yes, but I resisted. I may have a couple of drinks tonight after a busy shift on my usual day off. We'll see, leaving that open.
    Sunday May 14 - 2 drinks after work. I worked the last 2 weeks with only one day off, and not completely off from social engagements like I prefer, I would rather have stayed in my dirty garden clothes : - ). I am now one day into working 15 days straight, I take it where I can get it. Having drinks last night was so nice for me, good taste, little buzz. Planned AF for tonight to get my 10, Tuesday is up for grabs at this point.

Rolling total - 9AF day out of 14 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 I am so sorry you haven’t been feeling very well. I have acquaintances who also experienced a lot of fatigue after all the treatments but the good news is the fatigue did disappear after some time. 💗
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Goals for May
    Self-care and positive vibes!
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night.

Current Streak - AF = 0 ~

5/14 A ~🍷🍷🍷Mother's Day. I splurged with cheese and crackers and a chocolate flavored wine. Now it's time to get back on the plan - both for eating and drinking. I did make this instant pot pepper steak for dinner yesterday. It was actually pretty good and serving was under 350 calories, then add rice. I was going to serve over cauliflower rice, next time.

The Month recap to stay accountable
    5/1 AF ~ Yipee! 💚 - Finished April with 3 days straight AF! I changed a lot of things in the past couple of weeks - I'm not sure which one is working or if it's the combination. I lost 9lbs in April. I can't tell you the last time that happened. :heart: April 1 to April 15 - 3lbs, April 16 to April 30 - 6 lbs!!!

5/2 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷'eh. 1:1 for May but did string a few days in a row. I plan to be AF today and Thursday. Friday is Cinco de Mayo and my husband is already talking about Mexican so there might be a margarita or two.

5/3 AF ~ Yippee! 💚There's this window when I get home from work. About 30 minutes after my arrival for about an hour... If I get past that point, I'm usually ok. When there's nothing really stressing me, then it seems to be just habit for me.

5/4 AF ~ Yippee 💚 Today is Cinco De Mayo. Husband wants Mexican food and Margaritas. 😲😮🤭. I've already plugged planned food/drink into MFP and its going to be a tough one but I'm going to try to stay at my calorie budget. I have a salad planned for lunch which comes in at 300 calories. That leaves me plenty of room for a (one) margarita and a chicken taco meal. That leaves me with 45 calories to spare. Oops, forgot the chips and guacamole. 🤞🏽 I think I will go for an extra walk at lunch today!🙂

5/5 A ~🍸🍸🍸
    5/6 A ~🍸🍸🍸
    5/7 A ~ 🍷🍷
    5/8 A ~🍷🍷 Need to get back on track today after a long, fun weekend full of drinks and food! Friday was Cinco de Mayo. Tried hard to make those calories fit within budget and have only 1 margarita #fail. Went to the Zoo on Saturday and walked around for 4 + hours with family (Grandson). It was a cool, wet and rainy day so the animals were VERY active. Usually they are just lying around asleep. After all that walking, we stopped at the Granite City Brewery. Had a burger to die for and a glass of wine. Came home to watch the Kentucky Derby and had a few cocktails. Sunday was back to a "normal" kind of day. Spent the morning cutting bushes and pulling weeds, then relaxed in the evening cooking on the grill (it was beautiful outside) and a couple glasses of wine. Today should be AF for sure and back on calorie budget! Update: Calories ok, but had wine.

5/9 A ~ 🍷🍷Long day yesterday. Husband had knee replacement surgery and I didn't plan very well for "me". Was hungry most of the day, only remedied by snacks. Couldn't bring outside food into the waiting room and they only had snacks and I didn't want to leave the area in case their were updates.

5/10 A ~🍷🍷 Another long day yesterday. The hospital is 1.5 hours away from home (he wanted a specific doctor) so another 3+ hours driving and they kept him another night. I did better with food choices but still over budget. The "all or none" in me is looking at a Sunday reset.

5/11 A ~🍷🍷🍷Yet another long day. So about 6 years ago, I use to commute to work 90 minutes each way, 5 days a week. After making a similar drive for three days in a row, I don't know how I managed. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do....
    It was a stressful day. Husband was released🙂 but really not mobile at all. He "sort of" fell while getting into the car. I say "sort of" as the car broke his fall, he ended up sitting on the car floor. Someone eventually came out to help get him in the seat. We drove home. Took him over an hour to get from the car to inside the house. Once inside, he "thought" he was going to climb the 15 stairs to get to our bedroom. I said, nope, nadda, not going to happen. I said pick a couch or you can sleep in the recliner in the TV room and "maybe" we will try again tomorrow.
    Then I cooked dinner and had wine!! Today I'm making him walk through the house every 60 to 90 minutes.

5/12 A ~🍷🍷🍷

5/13 A ~🍷🍷🍷

My 2023 Stats...
    Current Month
    AF = 3
    A = 11
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%