Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

1121314151618»

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    spl8 wrote: »
    Unexpected car trouble today

Cars suck. : :s
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    I ran 6 miles this morning to finish out May with 155.58 miles and complete the streaker challenge for May. This is my highest mileage month ever. It was a lovely morning. I just love running as the sun is coming up.

Very impressed @kgirlhart

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,022 Member
    I realised on Tuesday evening that I hadn't done a HM distance in May, which meant breaking my streak of monthly HMs that had been going since October 2020.
    Oh no! I feel that 🙁
    Guess you'll just have to start again this month (if you want).
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    some crazy idea that it would all be ok as long as I did that

The John Lennon song popped into my head: Whatever Gets You Thru The Night (it's alright, it's alright)

You get to make your rules. Writing "I do want to start again" is music....do it!
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 545 Member
    May Goal: 50 miles

5/1- 2 miles
    5/3- 2 miles
    5/6- 3 miles
    5/7- 2.5 miles
    5/8- 2 miles.
    5/10- 3 miles
    5/11- 3 miles
    5/13- 1 miles.
    5/16- 3 miles
    5/17- 3.5 miles
    5/18- 3 miles
    5/19- 3.5 miles
    5/21- 4 miles
    5/23- 2 miles
    5/25- 4 miles
    5/27 - 4 miles
    5/29 - 3 miles
    5/31 - 2 miles

Total May miles: 50.5/50 miles
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,659 Member
    @eleanorhawkins you could also take a break from it for a while. Maybe if you wait long enough, we can start again together. My HM streak was a similar length to yours when I stopped. But of course don't wait around for me - feel free to get a head start if you get the itch.

How is your Dad doing now? (Feel free to answer here, or message me, or neither - whichever option you're comfortable with.) I know the running isn't technically connected to his health, but it must be hard being far away and feeling like you can't do anything to help. So running those HMs probably helped you a lot, because it was something you could do, honoring him that way and improving your own physical & mental health at the same time, which is also honoring him in a way. You can still do both with your crazy mountain races, hill repeats, etc.

@polskagirl01 I don't think coach will let me wait long, there are 5 months of grind ahead :-/ BUT I would love to streak with you!

Dad is... ok. Sometimes he sounds almost normal, other times... not so much. But he's hanging in there.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,314 Member
    @polskagirl01 It's worth it to calm your body down. I've heard with long CoVID that you can be semi-ok one day and not be able to do anything the next. I hope you start having many many more good days!