B)

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this is happening, Mary. On the positive note, that house is adorable and looks very well maintained. Your asking rent seems more than reasonable.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Heather, very nice!

I thought there were a dozen things to get done today, but the only one I can remember now is laundry. I should have made a list!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It’s been a gorgeous day, 15*C and clear blue skies. We’ve been out again looking at summer bedding plants today.

I have some laundry to put away but will leave it until tomorrow morning.
    Rita: The original picture you posted looked just like my prunus purpurea. My one is a about as tall as a house. It’s n our little wooded area at the end of our garden.
    Heather: Abstracts have a way of developing in their own direction. That’s a particularly attractive end result.
    Mary: I sympathise with you over the rental shenanigans. We owned a rental apartment for about 15 years, and had several bad tenants. It was nicely done out and we were fortunate it was well cared for by most tenants. But we still had to redecorate and do maintenance each time we got new tenants. Finally decided it was too much trouble and sold it.

☘️ Terri
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I compared all suggestions to the picture I took of the mysterious bush. Purple leaf sand cherry looks exactly like mine!

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
    u1i6oxo2a36f.png
    vuisuqwajajm.png

From my PlantSnap app. It’s not very accurate but the closest I could find.

RVRita

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate a cool breeze on a warm day.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 8/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 13/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

Feeling overwhelmed this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attach this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, 8171, 8856,8315, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 61/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 19/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Will try.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. It is hard right now but trying.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder. There is plenty here at the park. Wondering how a cave could turn into a lake.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you. I will try to remember to do this. Did not have time.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country. Sounds like fun! I looked up Canada and specialty Quebec where my family originated.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. I love doing this!
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community. Helped a homeless man today.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better. Will watch for this. Did this to school group’s surprise visit to the park.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful. I try every day by helping people find campsites in emergencies.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about. To be completed. Did not finish.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful. Did a grateful meditation on the Balance app this morning which helped me do this.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. For sure! I walked the dog at 3AM and looked up at the vast night sky. I was able to see the Milky Way and billions of stars. Awesome view.
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. To be reviewed
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why. Will try to remember. I asked my daughter this.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful. I have, a bad one, but a good one right behind it!
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    dk4r6uktiaql.jpg
    This is the colour of my son's worktops. The units are the pinky colour. Oh well, I had a go. ;)
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Today I have a dermatology appt in the afternoon. They will be freeze spraying places on my back. Not too thrilled about it.
    Guam has sporadic power outages, so haven't contacted him directly, just a little blurb text Thursday morning on Facebook. But he did state he was on his way to work. 💖👍🏼

Husband was sick last night, poor guy😥. He slept in his chair so he'd be more upright. Woke up this morning feeling better so that's good.

So sorry you ladies having family issues, renters issues, etc. We try our best, and people take advantage of that, which in the end is no way to treat a person. My thoughts are with you, and I hope things settle down. Hugs!

I have been binge watching "The Santa Clarita Diet" series with Drew Barrymore. Thoroughly enjoying it, but a wee bit gory and bloody. Her sweet humor gets me thru it. Just darn funny. If your squeamish about blood, I wouldn't recommend it though.

The other night I made Kodiak protein pancakes with and egg and milk (well half & half). I sliced up a banana, threw in a handful of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips (because why not!), and topped with a swipe of peanut butter. With a drizzle syrup I was a happy gal. Definitely got my protein that meal!

Last night was some pasta, a bit of marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, a couple of spicy meatballs, and a bit of mozzarella shredded cheese. Bowl of heaven right there. I use cellentani pasta. Campanelle pasta is good too. I like pasta that holds the sauces well.🤗💖

Cheers my coffee to yas!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On the scale again this morning, and the stair climbing is doing what it is supposed to do. :)

I'm down another 0.8 kg from last weekend ... 3 kg (6.6 lbs) from mid-March.

I've also been cutting back on food, and I'm just a little bit hungry some of the time, but that's OK.

I had a look at my overstuffed dressing room. I have a lot of clothes, in different sizes, because I have been different sizes over the years. However, I don't have a lot of clothes at the size I was in mid-March. I bought a few, but then it dawned on me that I've got lots of clothes, and if I wanted to save myself some money, I could try losing a bit of weight ... then I might fit into more clothes. :)

It usually takes me at least a 10 kg loss to move down a size. I had just started buying a few things at Size 20 (Australia) ... so hopefully shortly I will be fitting nicely into my Size 18 clothes again.

For reference, these are a couple size comparison charts ...
    3cm10zt0u6yu.png
    qwy9ojqelhix.png

I use PlantSnap app to identify plants. I can check 3 or 5 (I forget) plants a day for free.

Machka in Oz

thanks for the name of the app- putting it on my phone now.

Need to look into it more- don't see where I can get more than just a three day trial but have to pay to start it then cancel before the trial is over
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Machka great job on your stair climbing and weight loss! Way to go!

Great to hear that Kylia is fine.

I just received my new laptop. I hope I don't mess it up! These things scare me. But I can handle the fear without chocolate, right?

I am down one tenth of a pound for last week. I need to get back to eating less. My next goal is 165 which is only down three pounds, but for some reason they are tough ones to lose.

I'm going out to eat on Sunday, might have to get a salad.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options