Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well Im guessing this daycare lady is blowing off Tracy ,as she said she would call her numerous times and has not..
    So the search goes on.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends!

Machka thanks, yes today is for the laptop. My mom might drag me to a picnic for an hour, and there's dumbbells tonight, but there should be time for most of it.

And Machka, great job on the exercise! You and Pip and Debby and Michele (and others) are awesome successes at the dedication to
    exercise. So inspiring!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I’m going shopping with DD today, and looking forward to it. I have a short list with the items I need most.

Keeping 🤞🏻 for good luck.

Katla
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

I completely agree with Margaret, Mary!!! You should meet with your renter and strongly suggest that if her family does not cease and desist immediately that not only will she not get the $500, you'll be taking them all to court for defamation. You don't have any proof that she told him any lies, but you do have proof that he's talking about you online, like you said. Therefore, it stands to reason that she told him lies. What else does he have to base his comments on?
    I really think you should also let the police/sherriff in on the situation just in case there is anything done to your property.
    You shouldn't have to wait to post! You're missing out on KEY rental season up north! Hopefully you'll catch up with some late renters for the 4th.

Oh geez, Allie. I'm sorry this is still happening. Sending prayers. Miles looks so darling in all the pix.

SO cute, Karen! Happy Birthday GS.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On the scale again this morning, and the stair climbing is doing what it is supposed to do. :)

I'm down another 0.8 kg from last weekend ... 3 kg (6.6 lbs) from mid-March.

I've also been cutting back on food, and I'm just a little bit hungry some of the time, but that's OK.

I had a look at my overstuffed dressing room. I have a lot of clothes, in different sizes, because I have been different sizes over the years. However, I don't have a lot of clothes at the size I was in mid-March. I bought a few, but then it dawned on me that I've got lots of clothes, and if I wanted to save myself some money, I could try losing a bit of weight ... then I might fit into more clothes. :)

It usually takes me at least a 10 kg loss to move down a size. I had just started buying a few things at Size 20 (Australia) ... so hopefully shortly I will be fitting nicely into my Size 18 clothes again.

For reference, these are a couple size comparison charts ...
    3cm10zt0u6yu.png
    qwy9ojqelhix.png

I use PlantSnap app to identify plants. I can check 3 or 5 (I forget) plants a day for free.

Machka in Oz

thanks for the name of the app- putting it on my phone now.

Need to look into it more- don't see where I can get more than just a three day trial but have to pay to start it then cancel before the trial is over

When I open it, it comes up with a Start Free Trial page, so I click Cancel in the top right corner, and then I can use it for a few plant checks each day.

https://www.plantsnap.com/

M in Oz

thanks I will try that

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate being able to keep my head in an emergency.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 8/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 13/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

Feeling overwhelmed this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attach this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, 8171, 8856,8315, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 61/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 19/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Will try.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. It is hard right now but trying.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder. There is plenty here at the park. Wondering how a cave could turn into a lake.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you. I will try to remember to do this. Did not have time.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country. Sounds like fun! I looked up Canada and specialty Quebec where my family originated.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. I love doing this!
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community. Helped a homeless man today.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better. Will watch for this. Did this to school group’s surprise visit to the park.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful. I try every day by helping people find campsites in emergencies.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about. To be completed. Did not finish.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful. Did a grateful meditation on the Balance app this morning which helped me do this.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. For sure! I walked the dog at 3AM and looked up at the vast night sky. I was able to see the Milky Way and billions of stars. Awesome view.
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. To be reviewed
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why. Will try to remember. I asked my daughter this.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful. I have, a bad one, but a good one right behind it!
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others. This happened yesterday when a camper experienced a medical emergency. I was there to help and comfort the wife and assist with the husband.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM
  • dlfk202000
    edited May 2023
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others. Giving ear and shoulder to T and D.

Mary I really like “Picture This”. It does pop up offering/asking you to sign up for a “free” 7 day trial, but instead of taping “continue”, wait a moment for the “cancel” to appear at top right, and tap there. You can identify but not save plants with the free version.

Debbie thanks for the update on Kylia! Thought of you at Grocery Outlet today. Intended to spend around twenty, ended up spending seventy but very pleased with purchases. They had the Cooper Street biscotti (30 cals each only 2.5 g sugar) for the first time in a couple of years and I grabbed 3 bags. Also our favorite roasted garlic olive oil. Took a chance on a bag of Blue Diamond dark chocolate/chili almond mix ups for only $1.99/8 oz. They are YUMMY. Going back to get a few more bags to stash for when I want to CHOMP something salty and sweet.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Thanks for the info on the Picture This app- will check it out- many plants I want to know on my walk.
    We have the same "problem" almost every time we go into a Grocery Outlet. Usually it is the number of bags we bring in(reusable)- If we only bring one in, we end up either grabbing a empty box off the shelf or run back out to the car to get a few more but if we bring three, we don't find much- that doesn't happen very often.
    One thing we bought and really enjoyed and should have went right back to get was some Irish Cream whiskey chocolate bars- marked down 2 for .77. I tried to get dh to go back the next day because he didn't want to go back that night. We went two days later and they were gone. They did have the caramels and we got three boxes(were $2 a box the first day and .99 the next time. They are good but choc. is better)- yes, they do have alcohol in them. I had two pieces of the chocolate that first night then went to bed and actually slept really well. Felt great the next morning.
    We also picked up some rice crackers that were only $1.49 so we tried a few flavors(original, spicy, black pepper). Got in the car and tried them and they taste almost exactly like the Japanese ones dh buys all the time that are $4 a bag. Had his mom tried them and she really likes them. Went back and they had them still AND were now .99 a bag. My favorite is the black pepper. The spicy is also good, very little kick to it but just enough. Got six bags the second trip.
    With one of the corn dog kits I bought last week I froze the two packs of hot dogs for chili cheese dogs later this week and just baked the corn bread squares and made some honey butter. Sent some over to MIL to go with the beef ribs I had cooked. Dh gave her one piece of the corn bread, she finished it and said, what, only one piece??? He then gave her the second piece. I have one more kit and I will do the same. I did two kits the right way and froze what wasn't eaten that night- now they can just air fry a few when they want them.

Will look for the almonds when we go later this afternoon. MIL want pork ribs and one of them has them $1.99 a pound. will need to cook those for her this afternoon I guess. Maybe she can wait and have them tomorrow- already will be cooking a lot for us- fish, beef and shrimp for tacos to go with the pico de gallo I made yesterday

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, happy Saturday!

Carol - gosh, sorry to hear about the exterminator expense. I wonder if she spilled sugar or did something to attract ants. Borax has worked for me in the past. I wonder if she appreciates the good deal she's getting. :o

Some of the stories we've discussed in the group week = no good deed goes unpunished. :(

Kelly - sorry to hear about your sis, crossing fingers it's just some transient thing and not the worst case. I don't blame you for being upset, you've always been the strong one. How neat your DH was helpful and consoling - I think he needed to be the strong one for a change. Great opportunity for him. I recall I would sometimes ask my DH's help or advice for something I knew I could do or a decision I'd already made but I could tell it made him feel good - and useful.

It's a nice cool morning! No hot sun or scorching wind - kind of overcast, temps about 60. Just right to putter outside. I finished putting the slats in the chainlink between the house and shop. Up close, it looks hokey - I had to use zip ties to fasten some of them at the bottom and didn't have any black or green ones, so used red.

udx8ty37jugw.jpg

Look at my nice green lawn that should have been mowed three days ago, lol. Also, the bush below the little window used to be a hugely overgrown Rose of Sharon. The landscapers whacked off about 2/3 of it and I wasn't sure if it would survive. I think it's OK - there's more dead wood that needs to be removed.

I'm hoping it will cut the wind that comes rushing through from the north, tho it now occurs to me that Bernoilli's principle might take effect - if the wind is forced to go through reduced area (between the slats) it might speed up! Same principle that makes planes fly. Gosh I miss DH - he used to talk about it a lot and would know. Question for Roger next time I see him.

Discussion about larger size clothes - confession time here. I have gained so much weight around my middle in the past couple months, even my larger sweatpants are getting to be uncomfortable. I'm tired of my belly getting in the way when I bend over to tie my shoes. :s I know it's too much sugar and processed food, especially after supper. I'm not going to vow to never eat that stuff again, or to lose five pounds in two months.

But I can make sure to eat protein at the beginning of each meal. Check this out:

A couple days ago, I got into the mixed nuts after supper and had a big handfull. Then decided a few cookies would be fine. :# I felt uncomfortably full and figured my blood sugar must be through the roof so I got out my meter and tested about an hour after the binge.

I was stunned - 117. I stuck another finger - 116. Normally, it would have been in the 130's.

I just finished reading "Glucose Revolution: the Life-Changing Power of Balancing Your Blood Sugar" by
    Jessie Inchauspe. She says by eating first fiber, then protein/fat and saving carbs for last, you greatly diminish glucose circulating in your blood. Based on my low glucose reading, I'd say she's right.

She's also a fan of taking some apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar) prior to each meal - a tablespoon in a glass of water 20 minutes or so before eating, for example. This follows what others have mentioned based on research - it helps reduce belly fat. I need to set the ACV on the counter so I remember.

On that note, time to head back outside.

Make it a fabulous weekend. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

My ACV is by my vitamins and coffee maker.🙃👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Yup im awake at the butt crack of dawn but will probably go back to sleep.
    Yes Carmine was back within the hour..
    Hopefully she will just stay in her room this weekend.
    She does this to herself..
    I know poor Tracy is just exhausted from all of this.

Hugs and prayers for Tracy- I remember how it was when my son was acting up like that. Trying my best to get him back on track, trying to keep the peace between him and dh(covering up a lot of what son was doing in order to keep the peace), not sleeping wondering how much of a hassle it was going to be the next morning to get son out of bed and to school and even to the point of wishing he would move in with a friend so I didn't have to deal with it anymore. So glad we got through it and are now close again, like when he was little. It was a rough few years for sure.
    Pulling him from the high school and doing independent studies really made the difference and I thank his teacher when ever I can and I promote the school he did it through- his HS said he could not do independent studies but a classmate of his told us about the one she was going to. Best thing we ever did. He excelled in it and became a totally different kid. One we actually loved being around and still do.