Lifting weights 4 times a week and playing Tennis 1-2 times a week. 50 lbs goal.

Options
AncientDynasty
AncientDynasty Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2023 in Introduce Yourself
First time using the community side of this app.

The goal last year was to lose 80 lbs. I lost 35 lbs. This year the goal is to lose 50 lbs. I have tried so many diets in the past and what I've found to really work for me is OMAD or 2MAD. I lost that 35 lbs in 3 months, from January to March 2022 and I just maintained the rest of the year lol. I think it's too fast and it made me give up because I was eating about 1300 calories a day while doing cardio 5-6 times a week. (I don't recommend it) Last year I was not weightlifting, and I'm realizing this year that on the days I lift I don't really have an appetite, but on the days I'm not lifting I have a huge appetite.

The bottom line is that currently, I'm 5 foot 9, 205 lbs never lifted weights before.
The goal is to get to 165 lbs while gaining some muscle. (not sure if that's a good weight goal overall depending on how much muscle I gain, lose, or maintain)
I want to start doing calisthenics when I am lighter in weight.
Im currently eating between 2000 - 2500 calories losing about 0.5-1.5 lbs a week

Lifting weights 4 times a week,
Mondays and Thursdays(upper body) - Bench Press, Barbell Rows, Overhead press (3 sets, 6-12 reps with progressive overload each week as needed)

Wednesdays (Walking) - 60 minutes

Tuesdays & Fridays(lower body) - Deadlift and Squat( 3 sets, 8-15 reps with progressive overload as needed each week)

Saturdays & Sundays (cardio) Tennis(I love Tennis) 120 -180 minutes a week

So far it's working for me. I've seen a similar routine work for other people, So I know something like this can work for you too with some tweaks here and there.

Let's get it!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,163 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the Community part of MFP!

I've been here (MFP in general) almost as long as you have (2015, in my case), but have been active in the Community most of that time, feel like it's been beneficial.

In the Community, you'll probably find "your people", i.e., fellow lifters, over in the Gaining Weight and Bodybuilding section (even though you're trying to lose weight, that's where a lot of the serious strength trainers post), maybe in Fitness and Exercise, and there are some lifting-related challenges in the Challenges part of the Community.

I'm not much of a lifter myself, but pretty active in other ways. Since I lost around 50 pounds with MFP, that part of your post caught my eye, so I decided to stop by your intro thread to say "hi".

Wishing you much success this year!