The last few kgs are the hardest to shed?

Options
Hi, I’m 38 female 170cm height . For the last 3 month or so I’ve been following a healthy lifestyle (dieting, working out, plus the occasional treats), and I managed to lose around 3kgs. I’ve noticed that the closer I get to my ideal weight (68kg) the more difficult it is to lose the last few kgs of fat. My muscle mass has increased a bit due to sporting (75% of my body weight), my body fat is at around 21%, and I do feel much better (stronger, and my clothes fit nicely). I don’t want to stress too much about a number; but I wonder if any of you has any tips to get to my weight goal (I’m more or less 3kgs always from it). I’m following a 1450kcal per day, I realise I don’t drink as much as I should, and I’m usually a bit constipated, so all of this has probably an impact too. Should I decrease the kcal intake, do more aerobics? Or focus more on the macros? Thanks!

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    If you really are at 21% bf, I'd let it be. Sometimes we get so fixated on our end goal that we don't recognize when that goal may have changed. By putting on muscle, your "goal" weight would be a few pounds higher than without. And the "ideal" weight isn't really ideal, more just a random number an app spits out that's within your healthy weight range.

That being said you can do either... decrease calories ir increase exercise. Up to you.