"Are you turning into a man?"

Options

Replies

• amie709
    Options
    This is what my husband asked me this morning when he saw me drinking my whey protein shake after lifting weights this morning. I'm starting stage 2 of nrolfw this week. How can I convince my husband that I will not "look like Jillian" when I'm done?- he's apparently not a fan of her arms/shoulders. Should I just make him read the book?

Next time he says that tell him to suck your d**k!! He won't say it again lol.

Personally, I think that her shoulders and arms look great but tell him that it really does take a lot of training to build muscle and reduce fat enough to see the muscle well!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like a jealous woman.

LOL!!!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Um if my husband said this I would totally respond: Yes. Yes, I am turning into a man. Guess you have some life choices to make, huh? LOL

Jillian does look manly to me but it's not her body, it's her hard manly face.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with her arms/shoulders? I like definition... just don't go low enough in body fat to see it if you don't like it.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    My husband always makes sure I get extra protein...

Lol :laugh:
    *Highest of fives*
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Her arms are pretty manly looking. It's just a preference.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people are so afraid of looking like Jillian.

wX91eU2l.jpg

Since when is that manly?

I think it's from a large group of very out of shape people who have no clue about how much work it takes for anyone (men and women alike) to actually build enough muscle and lose enough fat to get "ripped." Someone commented on one of these threads not too long ago that yea, "I didn't go to college because I was afraid that I'd accidentally get a Ph.D." I think that sums up my view of this issue nicely.
    Yep! After talking about my plans to start lifting to a coworker the other day, I was told, "Ew, don't! You'll get all bulgy and bulky like Shwarznegger." Really? :noway:

Just wait until the results start to show. I had a friend tell me the same thing almost verbatim. Then a month later she was asking me what I did to get my arms and shoulders looking so good, so I got to say (innocently) "I do that thing you told me not to do."
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My husband always makes sure I get extra protein...

Yours too? :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*dead*
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    My husband was also a little worried when I first started lifting. Now, after a couple of months, he recently said "wow, your legs and butt have gotten sexier lately...it must be from all that training you do!" I smiled and said, "now do you believe me when I say I'll keep looking better, not manlier?" He laughed and agreed. He is very supportive now :smooched:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just show him this thread while you do him from behind...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy

(Thanks taunto:flowerforyou: )
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Um if my husband said this I would totally respond: Yes. Yes, I am turning into a man. Guess you have some life choices to make, huh? LOL

Jillian does look manly to me but it's not her body, it's her hard manly face.

the first sentence is hilarious.

the second is not necessary...why be so insulting?
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    ask him if he can grow a snapper. Your hubby sounds like a moron.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Her arms are pretty manly looking. It's just a preference.

Doctor, my eyes....

I don't care for her affect/personality, but her body is beautiful and every inch feminine. The epitome of glowing health...I don't see "manly" anywhere.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Jillian's arms, it's her face that's the problem!!!

wow. glad you are so secure in yourself and your perfection that you can pick on someone for their looks.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    And then you told him to get comfortable with being face down in a pillow, right?

My guy seems to like my new strength and baby muscles, lucky for him since I know my goal and will go after it whether he likes it or not.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Jillian's arms, it's her face that's the problem!!!

Well, way to be nasty.