"Are you turning into a man?"

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband always makes sure I get extra protein...

Yours too? :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*dead*

Haha, you guys! Yes, I have that all taken care of, too. :laugh:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I left my BF because he wasn't happy with my life changing diet...no regrets from my side :)
  • msneave
    Options
    Some guys are so clueless. It is so hard for a woman to put on muscle in certain areas of the body. I've been exercising for a very long time and even when I was lifting super heavy my upper body would not get as muscular as I wanted it to be. Even when I had super muscular legs it didn't make me look like a dude. Sometimes when guys say stuff like this they feel threatened by what you're doing; they think oh crap she's gonna get hotter and leave me. I better start screwing with her self esteem. Some realize what they're doing others do it subconsciously. Either way don't put up with it! Tell him to get over it and to start being supportive :smile: My ex-husand used to try to sabotage my fitness and healthy eating all the time which is one of the many reasons he is the ex-husband :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Jillian's arms, it's her face that's the problem!!!

wow. glad you are so secure in yourself and your perfection that you can pick on someone for their looks.

I never said I was perfect. It's perfectly fine for me to say someone is ugly, just like anyone can go ahead and say I'm ugly. It's ok for a woman to say a guy is ugly but it's wrong if it's the other way around??? Yea, ok.

"the other way around? yea ok?"

did i ever say it was ok for a woman to say a guy is ugly? you are trying to prove a point with something that was never even said here.

If that is how you want to put yourself out there that is obviously up to you...it's a shame though.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people are so afraid of looking like Jillian.

wX91eU2l.jpg

Since when is that manly?

This. I think Jillian is ridiculously hot. And if your guys don't appreciate y'all, well, there are plenty of single guys who will.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    You can't convince him, just have a witty comeback and then you just keep going no matter what he says. :smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Jillian's arms, it's her face that's the problem!!!

wow. glad you are so secure in yourself and your perfection that you can pick on someone for their looks.

I never said I was perfect. It's perfectly fine for me to say someone is ugly, just like anyone can go ahead and say I'm ugly. It's ok for a woman to say a guy is ugly but it's wrong if it's the other way around??? Yea, ok.

"the other way around? yea ok?"

did i ever say it was ok for a woman to say a guy is ugly? you are trying to prove a point with something that was never even said here.

I'm not trying to prove anything. You just got overly sensitive because I expressed that I though Jillian's face was ugly. Oh well

ok:flowerforyou:
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    He's criticizing you because he feels bad about himself. :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    And then you told him to get comfortable with being face down in a pillow, right?

Lol love this.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think Jillian does have a manly face given the strong jawline. Some people aren't into that look, but I'm sure she could have her choice of boytoys at any moment. That being said, I don't think lifting gives you a strong jawline!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    the second is not necessary...why be so insulting?

Where is the insult? I think her face looks manly. I didn't say she was ugly or anything. I actually think she is pretty, but in the way a man is handsome. I think her face looks hard in the same way that most men's faces look hard. Perhaps I could have phrased it better.

Do you know a nice way of saying a woman's face looks hard like a man's? Do tell.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I cannot even fathom, not even for a second, staying with a guy who thought it was ok to insult my body, muscles, choices, etc.

A comment like that, even in jest, would get a nasty look and a prompt, "eff you".

Imagine for a second if the situation were slightly different. Say, perhaps, that you had a lapse in routine for a few weeks, you haven't been able to go to the gym for a while. In what universe would it be ok for him to say, "are you turning in to a fat-as$?"

NONE. That crap is never ok. Husband or not.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    I cannot even fathom, not even for a second, staying with a guy who thought it was ok to insult my body, muscles, choices, etc.

A comment like that, even in jest, would get a nasty look and a prompt, "eff you".

Imagine for a second if the situation were slightly different. Say, perhaps, that you had a lapse in routine for a few weeks, you haven't been able to go to the gym for a while. In what universe would it be ok for him to say, "are you turning in to a fat-as$?"

NONE. That crap is never ok. Husband or not.

I actually agree but was trying to be nice because it's a sensitive topic for me and so perhaps I could be overreacting.:tongue: My first instinct was to say, "tell him to STFU." If he keeps it up most certainly so. I discussed my fitness goals with my husband once and I don't care to ever do that again, because you know, some people are too old, or have had to many children, or just are not "built that way". It couldn't really just be about BF%, lean muscle mass and nutrition, etc. :grumble: So just carry on regardless I say. :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Dudes saying that are usually concerned that their woman will look better than they do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    And then you told him to get comfortable with being face down in a pillow, right?

My guy seems to like my new strength and baby muscles, lucky for him since I know my goal and will go after it whether he likes it or not.

Yep! I'm glad that my husband likes my muscles and the fact that I'm getting stronger, but I'd be doing what I want to reach my goals anyway. His appreciation is just a bonus.

He did start lifting a few months after I did, which I took as a compliment.

Jillian does look manly to me but it's not her body, it's her hard manly face.

I'm not a huge Jillian Michaels fan (I don't know a whole lot about her, honestly) but dissing her face is not cool. Besides, I never think it's prudent to insult someone who could kick your *kitten*, and that woman is a badass.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Jillian when on the Biggest Loser is so pretty to me. Reminds me of Linda Hamilton in T2.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Do you know a nice way of saying a woman's face looks hard like a man's? Do tell.

Strong features I think can be used to describe men or women with the look I believe you are describing.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a smart *kitten*, so I would just tell him yes, that my penis will be much larger then his, and go on about my day.

I'd probably do the same and tell him to brace himself for the new gay lifestyle y'all are about to start living. Frankly, it's such smart *kitten*, rude comment, I would probably respond along the same lines.

<insert thoughtful, mature alternative response here>

Yes and yes.

Oh it makes me laugh or mad depending on my mood at the stupidity of comments regarding women lifting.

My husband was against it, then he liked my results...then he started to encourage me...now he wants to lift!!
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    the second is not necessary...why be so insulting?

Where is the insult? I think her face looks manly. I didn't say she was ugly or anything. I actually think she is pretty, but in the way a man is handsome. I think her face looks hard in the same way that most men's faces look hard. Perhaps I could have phrased it better.

LOL maybe just dont say it?

its ok, maybe i am being sensitive like the other poster pointed out. I just dont care for criticizing people for their looks.It seemed like an insult but maybe it wasnt:flowerforyou: