Success: I did it! I'm in the 330's!!!

Options
Daeygur
Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
In January I posted that I lost over 30+ pounds, and a whole lengthy story about how I got there and yadda yadda. Well, I'm happy to say that I have officially lost 51 pounds in total! I went from 390 to 338.94 and I keep losing!!!

Since January things have changed.

1. I got a new car. Traded in my old rundown pickup for a 2012 Ford Fusion.
2. Got back together with my ex then broke up with him because I deserved better.
3. Moved into a new apartment in April and got the upstairs! I never would've been able to do that at 390! Heck, I wouldn't even be able to do that a couple of years ago.
4. Got a new job. I can finally work without being out of breath or my back hurting. I stood for four hours with non-stop walking, carrying heavy items, cleaning, taking orders, and what not and still was able to clean my apartment and do things without getting out of breath.
5. Clothes are a lot smaller now--like a lot. I can barely keep my shorts and pants up. I'm also running down the stairs--not up yet, but I'm getting there.
6. I made new friends. My best friend is my landlord XD.
7. I'm more social and want to do things on my own now. I'm not afraid to live on my own.
8. Smoked a cigarette for the first time--had an asthma attack. Not relevant but I thought it was pretty funny and I'm NEVER doing that again lmaoo.
9. I'm no longer nervous about going swimming. I swam when so many people were near the pool. Granted I couldn't get out because my legs were too short to reach the ladder, and had to have the maintenance men to help me out lmaooo.
10. My landlord (and maintenance men) discovered how stubborn I am lolol.

So, yeah. Things have changed a lot in five months. I did have some set backs, and I'm always going to, but I'm more determined than ever to continue losing weight! Now, I have a job, I'm becoming independent, and I'm now excited to start clothes shopping!! WOO! I now have 48 more pounds to lose to reach my 290's but you know what? That's nothing compared to the first 50 and I have a feeling I'm going to reach my goal in no time. :blush::wink:

Replies

• RobinPollard1
    RobinPollard1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well Done - you are definitely on the path to success <3
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    great news!! All great things happening, you deserve it, keep going steady and strong!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good Job- congratulations on your progress🍾
  • Daeygur
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! 😊
  • MeganLuna13
    MeganLuna13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Congratulations :) Keep up the good work!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    @Daeygur love your success, your attitude, and your newfound confidence and positivity. You go, girl!!!!

Any possibility we could lure you to post more often? We need posters like you!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    @Daeygur love your success, your attitude, and your newfound confidence and positivity. You go, girl!!!!

Any possibility we could lure you to post more often? We need posters like you!

Of course! Though I don't know what I'd post 😅 but I'll do it so others can join in!!!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    Oh, wow. I LOVE this post SO much!! I just joined a minute ago, weighing 310 pounds, and this post was like a big old welcome hug!! Your positivity and sense of humor have given me a truckload of hope. Thank you, and I will be following your journey!

You got this!!!! Always start small and soon things will build up! I was back and forth so much with my journey and finally I decided "Hey, this isn't worth it." First ten pounds was hard. Second ten pounds even harder, but giving up was NOT an option. I'm rooting for you!!!
  • CasiGal
    CasiGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got tears reading this because I'm so proud of you - someone I don't even know :) Keep going...you're inspiring all of us!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    CasiGal wrote: »
    I got tears reading this because I'm so proud of you - someone I don't even know :) Keep going...you're inspiring all of us!

Thank you so much! <3
  • bebosky101
    bebosky101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • Boadiccae
    Boadiccae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got all teary-eyed reading your post. Your positivity and resolve is to be commended! Keep on keeping on!
  • Daeygur
    Options
    Boadiccae wrote: »
    Congratulations! I got all teary-eyed reading your post. Your positivity and resolve is to be commended! Keep on keeping on!

Thank you so much!!!
  • Pumibel
    Pumibel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have achieved an amazing amount of personal growth in less than six months. I don't know you, but I am so proud of you! Don't let anything get in your way!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congrats....awesome achievement! You should be so proud of yourself and I hope you continue posting as you are certainly an inspiration to all.
  • k_moseley
    k_moseley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post!!! There are so many people who are going to be encouraged today by reading it. Congratulations to you, and thank you for sharing your journey with us.
  • lynnda42
    lynnda42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @Daeygur, Congratulations! You are doing an amazing job ! your story will inspire many and THANK YOU for sharing your journey !
  • lisaheimpeacock
    lisaheimpeacock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are Awesome! Thank you for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!