Options
HealthNut34
HealthNut34 Posts: 2 Member
What is the best way to lose weight? I NEED HELP

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you burn. Exercise to get fitter and burn calories to help you lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to lose weight? I NEED HELP

The only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories (less energy) than you require to maintain the status quo. Your energy requirements include calories to merely exist (this is a lot), go about your day to day life (NEAT), and your exercise (EAT). These requirements depend on your overall stats (sex, age, height, weight) as well as your level of activity.

For example, I need around 2700/2800ish calories to maintain my weight. This includes my calorie requirements to merely exist (BMR) which are around 1800ish...my energy needs to go about my day to day stuff, and my energy requirements for my exercise. The majority of my energy requirements are my BMR and my NEAT...exercise is a relatively small component for the majority of people.

If I eat less than 2700/2800 calories per day I will lose weight. On average I will lose about 1-1.5 Lbs per week eating 2K-2200 calories per day as averaged over time. Essentially, eat less...and probably move more.
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You need experience with exercise, so as you do it, you learn.. you get more focused on it too.. go around and focus on eating up all the good food you can find that is unprocessed.. but keep your focus on it.. do things that keep your focus on it.