LESS Alcohol ~ JUNE 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome @annjuodakis6276 I found this group in February ‘22 and have learned so much about alcohol and living with LA works so much better for my life goals. Of course some days are harder than others.

@dawnbgethealthy your hiking day sounds so fun and please do not get lost :)! All the best with your appraisal too.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Countdown to July — will start new AF goals soon.
    Had 2 - 5 oz. glasses of a light white wine last night.

June goal: 20-22 AF days
    2 glass limit
    June stats:
    AF - 18
    A - 10
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    Options
    ???WHAT???
    The end of the month already?
    This can only mean two things:

*YOU have rocked your LESS alcohol June month

AND

*WE have a new thread link for July to follow

Click below to continue to be on the greatest thread in MFP.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893819/less-alcohol-july-2023-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Thursday June 29 - AF - I worked a very long split shift, extremely busy in the restaurant. I really really felt like having drinks when I finally got home. I was out early in the morning weeding before work and didn't end up having dinner until almost midnight. I went hard all day. Thanks to this thread and my goal of 16-20 I abstained. Short shift Friday and then 2 full days off, likely the last ones for a very long time. I will be getting my garden back to snuff and sticking close to home mostly. Saturday is Canada Day, so there will be celebrations everywhere including the park that is a block from my house. No plans for AF over the weekend.

Rolling total: 16AF day out of 29 days.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Went to a Zumba class yesterday and had fun dancing to the beats. Then, ran around to pick up some fresh and healthy foods before the stores get too busy for the upcoming holiday weekend. Not too worried about A over the weekend ahead as my son and wife are hosting a family BBQ on Sunday and they are doing LA on their own. Will focus on family, being together and yes, it is going to be super hot anyway.

@ahoy_m8 congrats on your AF days. Kids of all ages grab at my heartstrings, and hoping better days are ahead for the two young men in your family. Enjoy your family time in the mountains.

Had 2 1/2 glasses of measured wine last night. Didn’t ever try willpower after receiving some very upsetting news earlier in the day, but I won’t say I had any excuse. Looking ahead to stating new goals for July.

Today AF to wrap up the last day of June.
    Almost made June AF days (-1 under goal).
    Hope to see everyone on the July thread!

June goal: 20-22 AF days
    2 glass limit
    June stats:
    AF - 19
    A - 11
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    June accountability: 5 days AF
    Alcohol: 25 days (? drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 11 on vacation + 3 back at home
    Goal: 10 AF days this month
    Vacation! Goal: Enjoy alcohol responsibility and not have a hangover! Try some mocktails . Plus drink more water between drinks throughout the day!

6/1 - 🛳️
    6/2 - 🛳️
    6/3 - 🛳️
    6/4 - 🛳️
    6/5 - 🛳️
    6/6 - 🛳️
    6/7 - 🛳️
    6/8 - 🛳️
    6/9 - 🛳️
    6/10 - 🛳️
    6/11 - 🛳️
    6/12 - ✈️ 1 wine
    6/13 - AF
    6/14 - 1 wine - Dinner at my daughter's home
    6/15- AF
    6/16 - 2 wine
    6/17 - 1 wine
    6/18 - 2 wine
    6/19 - 2 wine
    6/20 - 4 wine LSU baseball stress; DH bought a case of wine hmmmm
    6/21 - AF @ 📚
    6/22 - AF
    6/23 - 3 wine
    6/24 - AF
    6/25 - 3 wine
    6/26 - 2 wine
    6/27 - 2 wine
    6/28 - 2 wine
    6/29 - 2 wine
    6/30 - 2 wine
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ended June with 17 AF/30 days which I am pretty happy with. I did not go into June with any particular goal or plan, just wanted to see how it went after abstaining for over 2 months due to illness, hospitalization and recovery. On to July.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @itladyee and @Michieb125 Thanks for mentioning and thinking of me! I've had some things going on and took a break, but I plan to be back in July. See you all soon!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning and thinking of me! I've had some things going on and took a break, but I plan to be back in July. See you all soon!

Glad to hear it!