Switching between :"losing weight" and "improving health"

Options
Chugoi
Chugoi Posts: 3 Member
Hello!

I am new to the community. Due to recent health issues and improved mental health, I have decided to make a shift in my lifestyle.

A bit about me:
I have been overweight since the day I was born. I remember first having to diet in the 6th grade because I was too big to play on the football team with kids my age. I did sports growing up. I ran cross country even. Imagine a fat kid pulling 7 minute mile times. :)

There was a 2-3 year period where I lost 100 pounds during a manual labor job while also eating a low carb diet. However, due to mental health, I was unable to maintain that.

During Covid, I discovered I could never leave my house and I could have food brought to me whenever I wanted. This was the worst possible thing that could have happened. I reached 326 pounds at my highest. January of 2022, I could barely walk and decided I needed to make a real effort to course correct or I may not live to be 40. 18-19 months later, I am down to 218 pounds, but I have lost as much muscle as I have fat. I can walk now, even for 30-60 minutes. However, I don't feel healthy, I feel weak and out of shape. I have basically been unmoving for the better part of four years until recently.

Now:
I am shifting toward consuming more protein. I am doing some exercises, walking and kettlebell, but ultimately I will likely need to start doing actual weight training to undo the damage I have done to myself with years of neglect.

Wish me luck.